www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Short Stories - Reviews




Short Stories Reviews
Poetry - Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

The Function Of Criticism by Pepijn Sauer (1)
"Ehmm..m. Sehr gut Seite! Ich sage innig..!:) bmw" -- BMW, ..., ..., ....


One Small Moment by Shelley J Alongi (1)
"Very dense atmospheric style, pictographic realisation, auspicious storytelling - I'm a fan of yours, I guess." -- jim roxenberg, Wellington, New Zealand.


Last Hours by Shelley J Alongi (1)
"Shelly, I enjoyed reading this piece, well written and powerfully descriptive, I could visualize that general in my mind, in that tent, on that cot and connect with his emotions! Thank you for a wonderful read, looking forward to reading more from you! " -- Robert (Monte) Montesino.


Collateral Damage by David Gardiner (4)
"A very moving and atmospheric story, showing how the horrors of war can haunt a soldier for the rest of his life. Graphic battleground scenes contrast with well-described suburban domesticity before merging in a devastating climax. Disturbing subject matter intelligently handled. Excellent read that stays in the memory. Ed." -- Ed Bruce, Essex, England.
"A powerful and memorable piece about War and it's devasting consequences, an excellent read from start to finish! This narrative vividly captures the horrors of the battlefield and the tragic consequences for one old soldier and society at large. The ending is a real shocker that leaves the reader with goose bumps!!! Great Job...Looking forward to reading more of your stories. " -- Monte, USA.
"Review: I really enjoyed 'Immaculata' but more for the polished writing style than the subject. This is much more my type of story (though I'm not into war) So for me this one was even better than the last. I am a care in the comunity nurse and deal with several geriatric clients. There is nothing more demeaning to an adult human being than having their bum washed by somebody else, or by being made to feel inadequate. You captured the frustration and anger that accompanies loss of dignity perfectly. I liked this man's prickles even if he was a cantankerous old git. Lovely ending. " -- Sooz, Dalton, England, Cumbria.
"David ... I found this to be a moving and illuminating piece. Robert, lost in his memories of horrendous experience, slips back and forth between the reality of the present, and the past reality of war with fluid effortlessness. My father, as many of our fathers, faced the tragic brutality of WW2, and when he relates a recalled horror to me, I can see in his gaze he is not only remembering, but reliving the event. The ending was unpredictable and thus very satisfying. I plan to read the rest of your offerings as time permits !!!" -- Judi, Tampa, FL, USA.


Wolf In Janie's Shadow by Wolfa (1)
"Wow, it was intense! It held my attention all the way though to the end. Interesting story!" -- Elanor, FL, USA.


2am by MacKenzie Morgan (21)
"Well, Mack, I must say my jaw hit the floor and kept going. I honestly thought that the story was true. Is the girl really Oliver's brother? I think that it was wonderfully written!! Great job!! Did you use this name so German boy won't find it?? E-mail me soon, ok? " -- Marni Aveams.
"yo mack... sounds like a typical guy fantasy thing, not my type, but i guess if it was my thing, it's well written. what's up with the names, any significance to them? whatever." -- Harry, PA, USA.
"First of all you need to get some! Its a good intro to what seems to be like the beginnings of an interesting story/tale/real life experience. Mac you have an interesting perception of girls and their disires. But you did get the disire to control correct" -- Jo-Blow, Baltimore, Maryland, Italy.
"Very Well written Mack im also wondering if theres any significance to the names and happenings. keep writing " -- Andy, Towson, MD.
"very intrigueing!!! i can't wait for the story to continue, i want to know more about these people and have them come alive! very convincing dream!! " -- MBear, frostburg, usa, md.
"Well,well,well.... another wonderful piece of work. I appreciate the fact that you keep your writing so real and honest. I look forward to the next chapter and keep up the good work. " -- Dawn Aurora, westminster, MD, usa.
"I like it...but don't tease me with the whole dream thing ever again lol. I was so bummed when I found out the whole sex thing was just a dream! But its good...I like your style. *smiles*" -- RayeBear, MI, USA.
"Mac- I enjoyed this story immensely and hope to read more stories from the perspective of this narrator. Although I am not about the casual sex personally, I was glad to hear the perspective of a recent high-school grad on life in general." -- Dave Concern, Baltimore, MD, USA.
"Mac, really nice touches. you pull back at the last minute without going over the top-- A very good trick and it shows you have good instincts. The very best stories are those close to us... keep the tone and pacing... maybe we get to meet mom next. you reveal character very well. " -- matt, Ca.
"Oh, no, I think I am suffering from dejavu, this story is too real. Did I have that same dream a few days ago? No wait, I couldn't have, I am not Mack. Hey, maybe I am, I don't know, that's how good this story is. It makes me think that I am the narrator. Genius how you have achieved this, Mack. Keep it flowing." -- Booby J.
"hey mac, very nice...i was almost hoping it wasn't a dream for the narrator at the end. everyone hopes that they can be that person w/ guts in their dreams. hope to see you adding more pieces." -- jess, md.
"aww liked that. well played lad, great writing! sounds pretty typical so congrats. keep up the good work" -- tara.
"It fuckin rocked! You sure fooled me on that dream." -- Simon Lowe, Westminster, USA, Maryland.
"I'm impressed that someone so young can write so eloquently. Please don't think that's condescending but if I could have written like that when I was young I'd have been well proud. " -- Sooz, Dalton-in-Furness, Cumbria, England.
"I get the feeling you were doing your own reviews here Mackenzie, except for maybe Sooz's, and whether you were or not, that is a practice best to be avoided for the basic integrity of the overall work, and the way a true reader looks at both the author and the work. My comments on the work itself are rather simple. You managed to get away with a lot of bad grammar by putting the work in the form of a diary, but the "character" you introduce, presumably a characterized version of yourself, makes me wonder why anyone should care about him or her, because you introduce a character, say Joe and begin to talk about him, but say nothing about him that characterizes him in such a way that makes the reader care and therefore care enough about the character to read further. To the reader it's just some guy, and why should we care about his exploits? The sooner you make a reader care about your character, the better. --The Advisor" -- JA St.George.
"Hey, that's not fair. I earned everyone of those views fair and square, Mr. Advisor, and I was greatful to everyone for the feedback. Obviously, whoever you are, you missed the whole entire point of a story that everyone else seemed to get. The point, as it seems I must spell it out for you, was to turn my journal entries into something people could relate to because it was so "real" and honest. This story is true, thank you very much, and I resent the implications of me making false reviews. It was uncalled for and rude." -- Mackenzie Morgan, Md, USA.
"I stand by what I said. You specifically asked for feedback and that is precisely what I have supplied. Perhaps constructive criticism of your work is not what you want to hear, but it is in my interest to help you unless stated otherwise. I made no such accusation as to whether your work was colored by your own reviews, if you bother to re-read it you will see that I merely state it has the feel of self-response. Perhaps you do indeed have a large fan-following, but call me "impressed" that your work should receive fourteen reviews, when the stories that surround it have three at best. It is not rude to state such obvious facts, whether you're putting in your own input or not. As I said earlier, it is not a good idea for a writer, any writer to post there own reviews, and I say that not just for you, if you are doing that or not, but for any writer who reads this and may be considering doing the same, in order to put some color into all that white space in the review column. Since I am the advisor it is merely my intent to advise you. If you tell me to go to hell, so be it, but for now, I will make a few corrections to the things you have just stated. First, "greatful" is spelled "grateful." Secondly "whole entire point" is an incorrect modifier, and the word "whole" should be dropped. The final point I wished to make is one that you stated yourself. Your words are "this story is true." If that's the case, this work would be best served in either the categories of Non-Fiction or Essays. But since it lays in short stories, which are by definition fiction, all of what I said above applies to character. This will obviously meet with resistance from you, in which case I will discontinue to aide you, but if you seek out others to advise you I imagine they will say much the same.--The Advisor " -- JA St.George.
"Mr. Advisor, you really oughta check out yer own work, shouldn't it be post their, insteada post there. Yer righta about everything else, but ya can stop reveiwing my work two. Im not doing it so some guy canna tear it up trying, and the operative word is trying to fix it. Now it may be for my beneifit, but I juss want my friends to gawk at ole Jummy's work, and be dammed impressed. You ruin it fer me man, by pointing out the promblems. " -- Jummy.
"I really think the Advisor should mind his own business, and only help those who seek him out, rather than him going out of his way to help people. I also think he was wrong about all these reviews. I think they make a reader who is browsing through stop here, and wonder why there is so many reviews when compared to the rest of the stories. And it makes her think that this story must be really good if it has received so many reviews. Doesn't matter who put the reviews there, it still makes you want to see what's up because there ARE so many reviews there. You go Mack!!!" -- Tara, Baltimore, MD.
"To the Advisor: First of all, the story may be true but of course I fudged names and places and dates. So while the content may be real, changing these elements make this story, false, or as you say, FICTION. Funny how that kinda thing works out. Secondly, I took a count of my reviews for all my story and did an average. It came out to 8.2 reviews per story, which is far more than your two or three. I didn't even count the latest two that were posted after your obnoxious rant. Besides which, your continued insinuations are annoying, and I'd rather not be "coached" by someone so pompous he has to go around with the pseudonym, The Advisor. Third and finally, is this the correct spelling of the word "prick"? PS: In journal writing you don't have to be anal-retentive about grammer, Mr. Man." -- Mack.
"The stories that surround yours are "Wolf in Janie's Shadow," "The Wedding Banquet," "The Seventh Inning Stretch," and "The Nova." Only "Wolf in Janie's Shadow" received "a" review. Therefore my figures are correct. What you are talking about I have no idea. I have no more wish to deal with a person such as yourself. " -- JA St.George.


White Church by John Karl (1)
"Aside from some grammar and tense mistakes, along with a wordy sentence or two, it is beautiful, in its epic simplicity." -- Justin Kile, Howell, NJ, USA.


The Girl In The Taxi by Richard Koss (4)
"Its a gud story with a lot of material but lacks the writng style which shud be in a gud writer" -- Asadullah, Karachi, Pakistan, Sindh.
"Asadullah, Explain what you mean by GUD writing style?" -- Richard, OH.
"I have to disagree with Asadullah. it's an excellent peice.. good work" -- CB.
"A horny ghost? That's a little different." -- Sandra.


The First Time I Met God... by Joel Harper (1)
"Sounded kind of sweet to me, I like your 'soft' narrative. Nice to read something easy in such hard times, though i believe the only way to a true softness is via an understanding of the differnt ways in which we live across the globe. We all have our own definitions of what 'GOD' is and we need to try to understand and incorporate the veiws of others. After all I know as well as you do that our idea of God is, is the same as the moslem view of Allah, i.e they are one and the same, we all have to defend ourselves and our veiwpoints, but we need to try harder to accept that ANY viewpoint, no matter how silly it may sound, needs to be respected." -- Iain D. Spittles, UK.


Our Father Who Aren't In Heaven by Johnny Abrahams (1)
"I am guessing that this crap was written to please a woman? well I hope it worked, cause it was crap and seriously learn how to live you wanker" -- Ian.


Is Evil Edible? by Johnny Abrahams (7)
"Nothing short of a masterpiece. 10/10 Kebab's" -- Matt Tranby, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
"Pretty good. Lots of description. Smells nice." -- joel.
"Gimme that kebab! Give it to me! Sorry, I'm in a weird mood today. I like this story especially. It combines our two most basic hungers. Sex ( oral sex in this case? ) and food. You're descriptions are so vivid Johnny. They are so unbelievable yet so graphic, you can't help but see them! " -- Harriet.
"P.S.: Are u suggesting that oral sex is . . . EVIL? " -- Harriet.
"As a male I could never admit to oral sex being evil, even bad oral sex is good oral sex." -- TheAuthor, Sydney.
"You have issue's that have yet to be resolved. Read T-H-E N-U-T-HARE B-A-R-T-E-R-I-N-G R-A-B-B-I-T K-I-D by me, and be in awe." -- ChristopherehpotsirhC, RaguMan, ManRagu, ManMAn manMAn.
"I think its bloody well written. i'd read the book. it sounds like you're recounting a dream." -- Martin Glenpool.


Heyman by John Karl (15)
"Review #1: Nicely done." -- The Advisor.
"Review #2: Is the beer there specifically called "Taiwan Beer" or did you just accidentally capitalize a beer that is from Taiwan?" -- The Advisor.
"Review #3: 'Give me 10 reviews' Numbers that aren't dates or times usually look better to people when they are spelled out, but it isn't necessarily wrong. " -- The Advisor.
"Review #4: Taipei sounds a lot like Mexico, where the water is so unfit they've turned to beer and tequila (is that how you spell that?) as their primary source of drinking." -- The Advisor.
"Review #5: Your lead character knows people with names kind of like I do: Weasel, Eat Em Up, Dude and Tom Collins." -- The Advisor.
"Review #6: I wasn't aware that you actually could post pictures on this site, shows what I know." -- The Advisor.
"Review #7: 'country side' should be one word." -- The Advisor.
"Review #8: It's a common mistake to capitalize certain words such as "CD" and "VCR", but if you're spelling them out would you ever dare say "Compact Disc" or "Video Cassette Recorder"... I hope not." -- The Advisor.
"Review #9: "DJ" is also grammatically incorrect, since we never say: "I'm listening to the local Disc Jockey on the radio." Words like this don't need to be capitalized since they don't name anyone or anything." -- Review #9.
"Review #10: Usually I climb all over people for telling an "incidental story" (one with no plot, usually based upon a real-life incident). But since you never claimed it was a story, I won't do that to you. I actually liked this incident, and you have a God-given right to tell it if you want to." -- The Advisor.
"That's ten reviews. Now, where are those pictures?" -- The Advisor.
"1. Thanks. 2. Really the name. 3. Not part of the story. 4. No, we like beer. 5. Who cares; this is a comment not a review. 6. n/a 7. Implementation dependent. 8. These are called acronymns (i.e. not words) 9. See response above (and an English 101 class) 10. Published on this site as "Popular Fiction"." -- J. K..
"Well John, you might be happy to know, that I the illustrious Advisor, followed your advice and did indeed go to an English 101 class as you suggested. It turns out the words such as television, compact disc, and video cassette recorder are capitalized when turned into acronymns; TV, CD, and VCR respectively. But then again you already knew that. No one however can explain to me why they get capitalized from small words when they become acronymns, but I guess that's just the beauty of our American language, huh? So I relent to you, and the Advisor apologizes for his error. By the way, how is number six not relevant? You did say you would post pictures of spiders if you received ten reviews. Although, not all ten are technically reviews, they still are ten. I know that years back you could post pictures on this site, but I had believed it was a function they'd since taken down. But perhaps there was a trick in what you said, and you have posted the pictures after receiving ten reviews... just not here. I'm curious as hell to know where though. Also I was wondering about the term "implementation dependent." I am not a complete literary dunce, but I have never heard its use before; please enlighten me. I do know however that I am correct about "countryside." Try typing the following into a grammar checker, "We took a trip out to the countryside. The country side was beautiful." As always, just trying to help, not trying to get into a fight.--The Advisor " -- JA St.George.
"OK, OK, I know, I'm asking for too much. I just wanted to see those spiders that's all. I'll just go away quietly.(He holds back a sniffle and tear).--The Advisor" -- JA St.George.
"for god's sake show the guy the spiders" -- jerry.


Don't Mind Her, She's 'armless by Johnny Abrahams (5)
"This was a pretty creepy piece with a twist that I'm sure no one will guess. At first I thought he was a cannibal, but boy *ha ha ha* was I wrong. Keep up the magnificence." -- Michael .
"This theme is so sick, it's funny. I think you could improve upon it by polishing up the grammar,punctuation, and typos, and perhaps, putting more emphasis on the hideousness of the seducer. I've been on the other end of these encounters, but I've always managed to get away without severing anything." -- Richard, Oh.
"Ewwww! I love it! I love it!!!!!" -- Harriet Nicholas.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! WONDERFUL! Write some more stories NOW!" -- Wolfa.
"Hey, pretty cool, sounds like you know what you are writing about " -- Greg Baker.


Adolescent Innocence 2: Evil Never Dies by Loki (1)
"Woah, now that is a strong sequel! I like this one alot more than the first. Great job!" -- Rikky, Canada, NB.


A Song Of Absence by Pepijn Sauer (1)
"The story you are writing is not common, which i have found it beautiful.They are the introspection and phylosophical sense that you dream into life. Then, your words contain much of visions and sounds. Facts turn into dreams and dreams become facts. I just wonder how you could make such those words. I really like your style. Therefore, I'm fond of the way you express. " -- To Anh, Hanoi, Vietnam.


A Modern Day Love Story by Shari Calkin (2)
"What a beautiful touching love story. All of us should be so lucky in love!!!" -- Robin Harderson, Jonesboro, Ar..
"This is just amazing. It is better than anything I have written. Is it true? " -- Spencer A Morin.


Within The Darkness by G S Kimbro (2)
"This story is a wonderful array of images that are dark and depressing, with an end that insights pride. A great read that is surprisingly written by an 18-year-old student." -- Chet Manderville, Hamilton, ON, Canada.
"The young writer displays much promise, despite some technical shortcomings of grammar, tense, as well as some borrowed metaphors and overused adjectives. The story line is a bit weak, but overall, a good effort. Waiting to see more." -- Dick Koss, OH.


Tarradale's Option by Ed Bruce (1)
"A well written story, an interesting character study of John McKay(Tarradale)providing an excellent feel for what being a Highlander is all about. Such beautiful descriptive passages of the Scottish Highlands! Made this reader want to go out and book a flight. But I think I'll leave my wife at home! Great Job! " -- Monte, USA.


Salvation In Death by Alberto Pupo (1)
"absolutly amazing...i love it" -- jerry.


Playing Life By The Rules by Kevin Cope (1)
"thought provoking and intriguing....something I'm sure we have all considered at some point in our lives and will find the answers to one day. " -- Shell.


On The Way To Retreat by Muhammad Nasrullah Khan (1)
"Writer is successful in involving his readers in his dream like half real and half surreal environment. He seems to have a great taste for symbolism and illusions." -- Nadeem Akhtar, Bahawalpur, Pakistan.


Legacy by Adhara Von Nuremberg (1)
"Adhara, what a fine tribute to a good friend, I could feel the depth of your loss in your words. Keep writing, it can be very theraputic as well as rewarding! Good Luck!" -- Monte, Florida, USA.


Faint Bell - A Story You Should Read Because I Said So, And I'm Smart. by Scott W. Hazzard (4)
"Is anyone goind to say anything about this? Is it that bad? Really? All right. I'm sorry. : (" -- Hazzard.
"No, it's not that bad Hazzard, but I usually don't advise unless specifically asked to in the Advisor Column, because I've found it tends to make people angry when I point out their flaws when they don't want me to. As for a brief reason as to why your story isn't being reviewed, feel free to look at For Those Seeking Advice in the Advisor Column, or just look at all the stories surrounding yours and see how many times they've been reviewed. I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to get around to your story, but it needs to be understood that I'm just one man. Currently I'm working on a better way to clear up all this reviewing mess... wish me luck. This short story was exactly as you put it, a woman waiting for a guy who doesn't show up. Two grammatical errors though. Line six should be "jiltings." Line thirty-eight should be "things." I've also always wondered how a woman can keep a fancy hairstyle intact on the back of a motorcycle, but I suppose I'll never know." -- The Advisor.
"For what it's worth, it's not a bad effort, but it's too subtle for most of the kids who read and write on this site. You could have added a nice twist to the ending by not revealing how many years she waited for this guy to come around until the very end, which would lend a surprise element to the tale. You could even have made her into a "Delta Dawn" or someone like that. Still, not bad though." -- Richard.
"Not enough zombies. I think he should show up and be all "Brains!" Your descriptions are sexier than EM Forster's." -- ida ho.


Dogfish by Wolfa (1)
"Wolfa! What a sick, twisted sense of humour! I could not stop laughing!!!!!! Fantastic!" -- Harriet.


Adolescent Innocence by Loki (2)
"Very good suspense. I like it." -- Rikky, Canada, NB.
"I�ve been looking over your work, and I think you have great potential as a writer, so I am going to direct you to this magazine that is being premiered in May � http://futureofhorrorezine.weebly.com � to see if you might be interested in submitting. I think it would be a great venue for showcasing your fiction. " -- Darren Oberhaus, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.


Losing Life by Antony Berrios (2)
"Very, Very visual style. Need a good editor to go through it but over all good short story. A fun read." -- Steve Shermen, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
"I loved this story. I had not idea it was going to end like that. Some grammer problems but never the less good job. Hope to see more." -- Susan Warren, Hollywood, CA, USA.


Hanover Square by Kevin Cope (5)
"Just want u to know that this brought back a very difficult memory for me...but one that I'll keep in my heart always...very touching story...u paint a nice emotional picture of his love...more to come I hope ;-)" -- Crazy.
"It was indeed a great story which I would compliment on. A story which are link with three generation.Bravo!" -- sUn^sUn, jb, johor, malaysia.
"Excellent story. Nothing I can find to fault on language and a very touching theme, handled with great sensitivity." -- Ka_sey.
"Perfect,and touching.It recalled my memory about love.nice work." -- Linken.
"Ehmm..m. Sehr gut Seite! Ich sage innig..!:) bmw" -- BMW, ..., ..., ....


In Hour Of Death by Muhammad Nasrullah Khan (11)
"A story of great passion and feeling. It's wonderful to see Khan's fiction here. He possesses a drive to be a writer that is unrivaled. " -- Lin, Slinger, WI.
"A story writer of high stature has been emerged.His story testifies my statement as it is an evidence of his great potentials." -- Nadeem Akhtar, Pakistan.
"It was a wonderful experience to go through the story of love and death. Writer has talent of literary description. I hope his story will reach to Garcia Marques." -- Robert Clark, London, U.K.
"All of us should treasure love when it comes in our lives, instead of running after superficial brightness. The difference it would make is that in the last moments of our lives we would have love with us, by our side, instead of longing for it. Thanks to the author for this heartfelt story. " -- Lonely Shell, Bucharest, Romania.
"A very touching and descriptive narrative." -- Roxanne, Elgin, IL, USA.
"I read In Hour of Death. I really enjoyed it" -- Bethe, Mississippi , Mississippi , USA.
"This story was very interesting. The subject matter was ver intense. It's a difficult task to handle such an emotionally charged topic, but I had a few problems with the way the story tended to tell the reader thing about life and deal, rather than illustrate the visuals and scenes of the person's life than made him come to such realizations. Details help a lot. As a writer, you get all the power, you can decide to make that dying dog a gray poodle or a white beagle. It's your call. What does the woman look like? And the place where the man is sitting recalling his life, what does that look like? And hey, what does he look like? And if you want to get really into it, what does stuff smell like? Also, abstractions are little odd, stuff like 'shadows of death' aren't as effective as saying "gravy shadows". And you do come up with some great lines, so I know filling in more imagery if you wanted to wouldn't be hard for you. It'd just be a matter of noticing where you're thin, asking yourself what ELSE a reader might want to know. There are great scenes in this thing, well defined, but you could still fill them in a little. Thanks. BTW I'm not a writer's writer. I don't even know who this guy was. I'm sorry. If that's reason enough, you can discard my comments. " -- Scott Hazzard, PB, NY, USA.
"I loved your story ; I found it very moving and compelling . I will enter detailed critique on the site when I have a chance." -- Brie Govier, southern Ontario, Canad.
"Khan's story is a good combination of idealism and realism.It contains a little bit of sentimentality but we must accept its realism.Khan must keep on writing!" -- ASIF KHAN, PAKISTAN.
""In Hour Of Death is a kind of story which i fell for the first time i read it. It must have written in great inspiration and great style. The writer moves firm and smooth as the world remaims deep and inexhaustible for him to explore. Besides, the story was being made a really moving one with his true feelings and sensation. Moment of genius. Thanks this promising writer for this absolutely good story." To Anh " -- To Anh, Hanoi, Vietnam.
"Ehmm..m. Sehr gut Seite! Ich sage innig..!:) bmw" -- BMW, ..., ..., ....


The Ultimate Option by Nadeem Akhtar (6)
"suspence and good grip on the situation,a simple story but an interesting one,Nadeem is a good story teller!" -- Asif Khan, Bahawalpur, Pakistan, Punjab.
"Sad and hopeful at the same time. I felt like it was me on top of the building, not him!" -- Paula S, Hamilton, South Lanarkshire, Scotland.
"A touching and flowing narrative with a few beautiful lines and dramatic discriptions. " -- Julian Smith, USA, Texas.
"Conflict between love and death has been beautifully presented. Author is a reprsentative of third world where death always dominate, but he seems to be over-optimistic." -- Muhammad Nasrullah Khan, Bahawalpur, Pakistan, Punjab.
" The thrilling experience of writer is worth sharing " -- Jerry Myers, Vienna, Austria.
"Ehmm..m. Sehr gut Seite! Ich sage innig..!:) bmw" -- BMW, ..., ..., ....


The Maniacal Core Of His Unsound Mind by Banae Wan (1)
"I just want to encourage reviews. What's the point of writing, when no one cares to comment on your work?" -- Banae Wan (The Author).


The Gap by W A Hardy (1)
"I know Reviews are important to everyone that posts, so I just wanted to say what a great piece of work this was. Reminded me of John Grisham (Now theres a compliment)..." -- Kevin Cope, England.


The Beast Of Briovera by Christopher Grady (2)
"hey, i am confused.. i don't know what i am doing... but i am gonna keep goin so i can help.. christina" -- christina, AR.
"This is one of my favorites!!!" -- Nikima, Livonia, NY, US.


Sunday Drive by Antony Berrios (3)
"Really struck a cord in me about my parents. Very Raymond Carver like. Might need to proof read through but over all very solid emotions." -- John Saunders, New York, NY , USA.
"Moving story. Look forward to read more. Very real." -- Lori Harris, San Jose, CA, USA.
"Your story has really touched me. I'm rasing my kids alone and this was an all to real story. Great Talent!" -- Hope Lang-Teacher, New York, USA, NY.


Sitting Still by Scott W. Hazzard (3)
"OK Scott, I've read all of this peice and i really like it. Mr. Davis is a very interesting character, I'd love to know how you concieved the idea for this peice, it is certainly not like anything else i have read [in its theme]. Maybe you should take a little more time proof-reading, maybe you don't give a fuck about that, if you lneed anyone to proof-read for you, i'd be glad to help so long as the work isn't too long, I hate to have any of my work altered but it doesn't look as though you have read this for errors. If you fell it's as it should be I apologise, i am meerly thinking of the time i spend correcting my own work. Overall I liked the style and the subject matter and charachters were easily enough to keep me going. Nice. " -- Iain Spittles, UK.
"Most impressive. Not really poetic...but interesting. I don't regret reading it. And I wouldn't take an offer on proofing from someone whose misspellings in one paragraph outnumber the citizens of most third world countries." -- Bennett.
"Zeek think Hazzard stupid. Zeek know Hazzard sleep with barnyard cows. No like Hazzard. Hazzard steal Zeek goat. Zeek lose farm. Zeek so sad, Zeek put out own eyes. Zeek move to big city, drive yellow car round. Zeek find Hazzard, Zeek bash with rock." -- Zeek The Blind NYC Taxi Driver.


Who Knows What? by Iain Spittles (1)
"Ehmm..m. Sehr gut Seite! Ich sage innig..!:) bmw" -- BMW, ..., ..., ....


Franky And The Crash by Scott W. Hazzard (3)
"This guy just keeps getting worse. He's like a big pile of stupid with a dash of dumb sprinkled on top. If you read this, you're probably dumber now, too. I say we tie this guy to a tree and throw ninja stars at him. That'll be a lot more fun than reading this piece of donkey poo poo." -- Hazzard.
"Scott Hazzard is plain stupid in a big dumb bag. He's a big pile of steaming poopie, and for my money, he should be rocked along side the head. This story is no good. Where are the clowns? People love clows! Where are the talking animals? People love talking animals! I want dancing! I want girls! I want dancing girls who talk to animals! What's wrong with this Hazzard? Why does he try to make me think? He should try thinking himself, about punctuation and spelling. Let's get 'em." -- Albert the Destroya.
"Whilst I was reading this I discovered something huge inside my right nostril, I kept reading and picking, reading and picking and as I reached the conclusion of the story, my finger emerged with a booger that looked similar to the Mona Lisa, I know what I am going to keep!" -- Concerned about the gherkin relish.


Annie And Metoo by Arlene Gunn (1)
"A perfect narrative with splended imagination and eye catching description. She is unrivalled in her poetic expressions and refined sensibilities." -- Nadeem Akhtar, Bahawalpur, Pakistan.


All My Ex's Ain't In Texas by Patti Dinneen (2)
"You are a teriffic writer. As an ex New Jersey yankee "living" in Texas I sympathise with your experience. I have taken that flight from Dallas. Awful. " -- Robert carlomagno, San Angelo, Texas.
"Damn good story!!!! I love the way u write! Class." -- C G L Davies.


There are 38 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.