www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Short Stories - Reviews




Short Stories Reviews
Poetry - Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Stanley by Jimmy Mason (3)
"I love it. I totally understood it. i thought that this took alot of imagination and time. This is a great piece of work. All I can say is keep them comming." -- April Lankford, Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA.
"Really Good! I was a bit confused about the end. I think that's my fault, since I can be a bit dense at times. Also I must agree that the first paragraph doesn't roll of the tongue as easily as it could. I did, however, like it as a whole." -- Jenny , you know where, Illinois, United States.
"Very nice. Very nice. email it to me and ill edit it for you. and add some story building ideas down at the bottom in little captions. and double space it too man!!!!!" -- Jameson, Oak Rdige, TN.


The Talisman Trilogy: The Emperor's Nine Lives by Mariah Neuhauser (2)
"I know what it feels like to be a thirtenn year old writer. i was one only three years ago. you have alot of good ideas, but your'e just having problems expressing them in a mature way that most readers can identify with. it's not your fault, there's nothing you can do about it. your age is all thats holding you back, your life experiences. Like Abbe Faria told Dante : "you havent lived long enough to have anything to say." thats the best way i can explain your situation; you just need time to grow as a writer. however, keep practicing your prose, and you will get better. i promise, in three or four years, you are going to look back on what you've wrriten now and be like "What the hell was i thinking when i wrote this?"" -- Bryan King.
"I totally disagree with the last review, I think you have real potential. The one thing I think you should try and do with every story, is to start it off with a gripping piece of drama and then calm it down a little with all the descriptions, etc. For a 13 yr old, I think your writing is excellent, goodness knows what you will be able to produce after a few more years under your belt. Well done!!!" -- Jackie Stevens, Essex, United Kingdom.


The Night Falls by Jeremiah Semien (1)
"I like how the three friends stick together will they come clean about what they know." -- J H.


Menopause by Doc Byron (1)
"Great short piece. I liked it a lot. Keep writing." -- barfield.


It Was Raining by Randall Barfield (4)
"I had seen lots of that stuff on talk shows. If this is fiction good job if not you need therapy." -- Bug off.
"Pretty well written. There are many true tales similar to this one. I wrote one about a gal who decided not to take it any more called "While the Iron's Hot." Same situation but a different ending. " -- Richard.
"Glad you like it, R. BTW, what's your last name? Is that story you wrote posted? Gal. Funny. Cheers" -- barf.
"Randall, the fastest way to access my work is to go to the first page of Top Title Hits and select "Raindrops" which will get you into my menu of work. "While the Iron's Hot" is the last entry on my menu. Yeah, I'm showing my age. We used to call them gals but I guess the feminists don't like that either. " -- Richard Koss.


I Will Kill You by Doc Byron (1)
"Very entertaining" -- Michael, Portland, Oregon, United States.


Dragon's Salvation by Brian Money (1)
"This was certainly a very good and well written story. I simply enjoyed the way you were able to paint pictures for the reader, in terms of environments and such, as your descriptions were excellent, something I often bemoan about my own works, You show a lot of potential to be so young. Looking forward to a future submission. Keep up the magnificence." -- Michael Harris, Detroit, MI.


Down In The Country by Liilia Morrison (1)
"This is brilliant. Much luck in your future but I'm sure you'll have it. Persist!" -- barf.


Catch A Rising Star by Randall Barfield (4)
"Great story Barfield, now I want to hear the rest. It was a good read and caught my attention quickly, but it left me wanting to read more. Do you have more to the story? If you do I would love to read it. Great Job." -- Brian Hankins, Columbus, Ohio, USA.
"Thanks a million. There is not more. This is flash fiction, under 1,000 words, roughly. Sorry." -- barfield.
"No Barfield, I can't accept your escape under the term "flash fiction." I prefer the old-fashioned short story construction of a protaganist, a plot, and a conclusion. Even if the conclusion leaves the reader hanging, as in the classic story of "The Lady or the tiger," there is still a conclusion to be drawn by the reader. This is nothing more than a brief episode in the life of a dedicated public servant. Perhaps the moral of your story,(if there is a moral) is that there are black sheep within even the finest of families. This of course, is not a surprising revelation. " -- Richard.
"Flash fiction is an established genre. Not to disappear, Richard. Some like it, some don't. If you google flash fiction, you'll see lots of sites which publish those stories. Why do stories have to have a moral? Some have and some don't. Anyway, this one hasn't been that popular, I'll admit. I give it a C for a short short. " -- barf.


A Man Named Joe by Brian J Hankins (1)
"Really, a fantastic read. Regarding Joe and Sam, they cannot blame others for their mistakes, for the decisions they made in their lives. It is our first tendency--to blame others or some specific 'thing'. The good part is that Sam had more 'sense' than did is old man. Thanks for sharing." -- barfield.


A Gun On A Summers Day by Jessi (3)
"are you saying man hunts animals down. " -- Bug off.
"no im not. i dont know what i was saying. i was just typin random thoughts that came to my head. and humans made the gun. and i dont think it has any practical use." -- Jessi.
"I don't know how old you are but did it ever occur to you that the Police and the military need weapons to protect its citizens. Indians used to kill deer and buffalo with bows and arrows before the gun was invented. Would you feel better if humans went back to hunting with bows and arrows instead of using guns and rifles? Put your random thoughts together, perhaps in an outline form. Then reconstruct the outline into a poetry or story format before you write and post. " -- Richard.


There are 11 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.