www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Short Stories - Reviews




Short Stories Reviews
Poetry - Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Eskimo Kisses by Katie Barnhill (2)
"This is a very good story! I really really enjoyed it, it reminded me a lot of how I felt at my wedding." -- Mary Beth, Indianapolis, IN, USA.
"i was totally moved and inspired by the story.i felt her emotion,making me as a reader feel like i was there.to take this kind of time in her life and share it with the rest of the world must have done wonders as well as acceptance in grieving.taking a special bond between her and her father and making it work with her new husband was riviting.i loved the story and hope to learn and make one something like it.thanx. " -- Martha, Port Simpson, B.C., Canada.


About Man Against The Idea by Horacio Aguilar (2)
"I didn't mind it, it's really not bad. Keep positive with your writing." -- Bella .
"I don't think simple is naive. You capture a very indepth comment within 5 paragraphs, which is pretty damn good. Also your text communicates the idea very well: The fight between young boys symbolizing what humanity has been doing as long as anyone can remember. That's good story telling (think of animal farm or lord of the flies) Maybe you should expand on the piece? " -- Jan Lappalainen.


Wild Women by Kate Kerrison (1)
"REally funny piece of writing, red and green must have looked fetching, and I wouldn't have jumped on him either! You may want to increase it a bit, I want to read more!" -- Orla, Dublin.


What Can't We Say Thank You Jesus by Jeaette Harris (1)
"Today, I had been praying all morning for healing for somebody dear to our hearts. Than l personally thanked Jesus. Than as usual l came to read poems i came across yours. I love Jesus for he truelly heals - Praise the Lord a million folds. " -- Amy, Hayes, UK.


There Is No Hell by Yashi Duckie (1)
"wow ur gd duckie, scary but gd!" -- Jessi.


The P0wer 0f Change by Jessi (1)
"Leave em wanting more eh.. ha brat.. LOL JK It's like a prison Break episode.." -- Matthew Mark@, usa.


Stranger by Belinda Love (3)
"I want what she's having!!!!" -- anon.
"Go girl!" -- Caroline, watford.
"I read this once and felt a bit embaressed, read it again and relised that it was a very well written piece. It could have been tacky and bad but infact was very good " -- harriet.


Shopping by T J Rintoull (2)
"Your story gave a truthful insight into relationships regarding one side.I found it interesting to read,you can tell that there is truth and real feeling,possibly hurt behind it.I think that by using these feelings to convey your story more subtly might work,let the story tell it,rather than stating the feelings outright.it may come across more powerfully.Try not to let your feelings rule the piece.I was confused as to the period of the writing as well.I think it could be a memorable story though." -- Rachael haydon, pulborough, england.
"Thank you, that's really helpful - I am glad to hear constructive criticism, it aids me in improving. Thanks!" -- TJ Rintoull.


Scars Of Yester Years by Rajeevs Rajeev (1)
"sds" -- gretel, malaybalay, malaybalay, philippines.


Pure Is Love by Jessi (1)
"i love clowns" -- clown, clownsville, clowniage, CLOWN.


Ned's Dream by David L Hardin (2)
"really enjoyed the piece, sometimes it is difficult to separate dreams from reality. very well written and kept attention right to the end" -- kate kerrison.
"Excellent. A great tale that bounced with a real rhythm and pace. " -- Vincent Lini.


My Most Embarrassing Moment by Trevor Turner (1)
"wow... that's funny and sucks for you all at the same time... i'm sorry...but i laughed... i couldn't help it...well it's better than my most embarrassing moment... but i don't think i'll tell that.. lol... glade to here the dramamine works for you...*smiles*" -- Carla Thomson.


My Long Long Journey by Rzemieniecki (3)
"Wonderful, its a shame these things had to happen." -- maria, new york, America.
"I really don't think these things HAD to happen!!" -- kriss.
"Very sad story, similar to family of mine. Could you please contact me? My e-mail: [email protected]" -- Marcin Rzemieniecki, Warsaw, Poland.


My Cousin Lois by Kate Kerrison (1)
"Really liked the story feel and it made me laugh" -- Karen, Oxford.


Midgets by Tamsin Butler (3)
"Really liked the imagery conjoured up. I used to commmute myself several years ago and know exactly how you commuter feels. I always likened comuters to ants scurrying around " -- kate kerrison.
"ha ha ha that was me that said that....you have captured the event entirely!" -- briony.
"Very good, very true. Very bloody true!" -- Peter Halpin, London, UK.


Flipped by Jessi (2)
"Been there Jess and totally understand this greatly. awesome job. Matthew Mark@ Gill" -- Matthew Mark@, USA.
"I know exactly what you mean. one person, one event can totaly blow your mind and change your out look forever. great words " -- kate kerrison.


Don't Feed The Ants by Brian Stamile (1)
"After reading this, I feel I would like some bread. Very interesting read." -- Riot.


Donkeys And Ice Cream by Kate Kerrison (1)
"Oh how I remeber those kind of holidays, all day on a pebbly beach, with macs and wellies on, or sand sandwiches and hot flat cream soda. You can't beat those holidays! beautiful piece, please write more!" -- Tam.


Daddy, Can You Hear Me? by Randall Barfield (1)
"Enjoyed your little story - Especially, where the father is trying to make it clear to the other brother that "Your only brother and your father" With 3 of them if he had shot his only brother or father - it was important for him to know this but he still did not see the sense in what his father was talking about. secondly, when he shot his father and he did not want to be left a crippled - can you imagine how hurtful that would have been to seen him suffer or either one of the boys to see their father suffering. The story is based on the consquences of drugs and the twisted mind of the person taking drugs how one can loss their way in life and that of the good son that misses and suffers. Good story that l enjoyed. What can anybody do in this situation? If one loses his brother to drugs and also loses his father - Obviously l would suffer for the rest of my life and mentally be effected by it. Good title too. " -- Amy, Hayes, UK.


Crystal Dragon by SomeCallMeBernieYoYoYoB (2)
"Like this! A touch of fantasy in a crazy world! Looking forward to the next chapter" -- Maggie, Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
"magical!!!" -- Fatso, Cooranbong, NSW, Australia.


Caridione by SomeCallMeBernieYoYoYoB (1)
"Well, dragons are very msystical. What was I saying? Oh. That story was pretty good. Maybe if you keep practicing, you will get somewhere..." -- Reviewer, Out, nowhere, of.


Are Diamonds A Girls Best Friend by Kate Kerrison (2)
"I love this! I agree that diamonds may be pretty but a best friend is much better than a squashed lump of coal!!!" -- Julie, Aberdeen.
"Kate, Hey, I like this, it is true a good freind is worth more than diamonds, a diamond can't wipe the tears off the face or encorage you to go for your dreams. And I agree that some men should probably live in a cave. Thanks for commenting on "911, A Poem From Within". I am fairly new to posting poems on the internet, matter of fact that was the first. I have always kind of kept my poems close to the vest. So if you don't mind, I would like a bit more feed back on what you sort of got out of "911..." like in your own words what was it about. Anything strike you about it? Anything you didn't understand etc... Is it a bit heavy for readers to understand? Thanks again, " -- Egroeg.


Anger Of The Heart by Valerie Gawron (1)
"hi" -- gabsterssss, visalia, california, visalia.


3 Days In Gravewood by Richard W McLin (1)
"This was a pretty cool piece. I myself have written some horror on this site, but I have to say that this story is one of the best that I have read here. My only complaint stems from the fact that when Gideon's brother came out of the grave Gideon acted as if that was an everyday occurence. I was also a little disappointed that Gideon only had to fight 3 creatures, though I guess that is understandable seeing as how there were 60 in total living in the town, and they were characters who had been introduced previously in the story, so that's understandable. All in all, it was a fantastic piece, keep up the magnificence." -- Michael Harris, Detroit, MI.


The Meeting by Rahul Prabhakar (1)
"The story seems to be a replica of some real life story as it often happens in love.. however, where can i get the full story ???" -- gaurav, bangalore, india.


Nanobots by Jeffrey L Henager (2)
"awesome" -- brandon desjalais.
"Cool! I like the combination of technical and cotidian elements, and it's also quite original." -- Horacio.


The Marriage Of A Noble Woman by Mandi Butkovich (1)
"This shows a lot of promise. It is quite cliched but well written. I would like to read more to see how the plot expands as it could grow to be a very promising 'classic'." -- so.


The Lady In The Forest by Sasu (1)
"If this was movie this would keep people on the edge of their seats." -- Jeanette.


The Christmas Present by Riot (2)
"Nice little story, to make one realise that there are a lot of children who miss out on the fun of having Xmas present. Some children cannot afford them. " -- Amy, London, UK.
"Nice little story, to make one realise that there are a lot of children who miss out on the fun of having Xmas present. Some children cannot afford them. " -- Amy, London, UK.


That Night by Mandi Butkovich (2)
"That's kinda disturbing...good...but disturbing" -- Jordan.
"Ummm...well...*coff*..I agree, disturbing,but I still liked it." -- Yuki.


Shattered Glass by Kyle J Douglas (1)
"Wonderful. I recommend you to read this story. Also if you are reading this, read "Chardione" By Bernadette. It's good too." -- Bernay, Cooranbong, NSW, Australia.


Killing Time by Kyle J Douglas (1)
"I really really like this and can't wait to read some more...what a fantastically novel concept - welcome!!!" -- Briony Carvalho.


Fire From The Sky by Travis Kelland (2)
"Please send the story i love your stories" -- Raghuvamshi, Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India.
"please send your story because i have a competition" -- raghuvamshi.


Day 23 by Christine Varela (1)
"Very creative story. Enjoyed reading and wanted to know more regarding characters. Great description could picture being there. Overall captured my attention." -- Diane, Bristol, Va, USA.


Christmas Joy. by Jeaette H (2)
"Love, peace and happiness.......is what l want for Christmas. It is true alot of different people have different views of Christmas - Everybody is celebrating it - but do they really know the true meaning of Christmas..." -- Amy, London, UK.
"Yes its true" -- Jeanette.


Ali�ve by Kimball (3)
"If you were bored then...KEEP BEING BORED! Great writing! Keep it up. I'll keep reading if you keep writing." -- Bernay, Cooranbong, NSW, Australia.
"Had to read more after suicide is painless and I agree with Bernay. A great piece of work, beautifully crafted and well thought out!" -- Briony.
"i liked it but not your best questions why be on the way to her house then kill himself? it sounds like you wanted to hurry up and end the story. i think it need a rewrite. " -- Melissa Cat, St Louis, missouri, USA.


After The Trailers by Me (2)
"understand the leaning on the hair but bumping heads? hummm, perhaps i'm too tame. interesting sort of script though i'd not be a big fan of that show i'm thinking. " -- curious.
"ahh the sweet joy of bohemian lifestyle" -- kwilt.


There are 37 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.