www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Short Stories - Reviews




Short Stories Reviews
Poetry - Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

The Death House by Paul James Moore (1)
"the beginning of the story doesn't flow too well. you went too much into the house and too little into the essence of the man, for your tale is really about a man who misses his happy past and realizes the emptiness of the present. but, for all that a good effort." -- sunny, dc, usa.


I Get Arrested by Sunny (6)
"Sunny, you should go out drinking more often and stay away from the computer. This way your stories won't hurt anyone." -- Bert Paradis.
"alright a critic. sorry i didn't please you with my story and it hurt your feelings and all, but i was the one who got arrested, fucker. i was the one traumatized, but nooo lets not be nice to sunny!" -- sunny, DC.
"the ONLY thing they did wrong, was "they let you out"." -- Molly.
"This isn't a story. This is banal bullshit. Get a job." -- castro.
"Sunny, nice to read about your experience - Lets hope you learn your lesson the hard way. It is good to read of your experience- and it is good if other students or lads of your age will read this and make them think that how easy it is to do wrong things and get caught too. All l can say is that good job you were not caught in Singapore as for drugs it is excution- straight to the docks. Think yourselve luck this time. An advice to you - a good record a good job. Think about your future. " -- Sin Ling, Singapore.
"will it was your own stupidity that got you arrested" -- J.


A Bird In The Hand by Elio P Evangelista (1)
"You have a pleasant way of telling a story and the sense of being a child at school comes over well. I thought the two central characters were well drawn. The plot is a little conventional and predictable, however. It might have added more drama if the boy had been even more of an outcast, if he had been handicapped, suffering severe bullying, racial or religious victimization, disfigurement, or even (say) had a speech impediment. Something to heighten the drama a little and make us feel for the boy. But it makes a perfectly good point as it stands. " -- David Gardiner, London, England.


Life In A Small Town by Elio P Evangelista (1)
"This one has a great sense of the atmosphere of the central character's life and his personality comes across really powerfully. He comes across as a small-town "hick" (as we would call him in the UK) who thinks his life is far more interesting than it actually is. There is no grain of any kind of sophistocation in his character. The Italian accents were also very well "heard" and represented. It was a real slice of small-town life, and the ending is wonderfully disarming. " -- David Gardiner, London, England.


Woodside! by Elio P Evangelista (1)
"There may not be a word to describe how good this story is. The best I can do is "scrumtrulescent."" -- Blaubas Ciaccio, Rego Park, New York, USA.


Those Summer Nights by Elio P Evangelista (2)
"This piece needs work. The words are tired and the images overbearing. Show don't tell is applicable with this piece. And, watermelons have seeds, not pits." -- Greg Olson, New York, New York.
"Your story had a lot of great details, it reminds me of summers I spent at home. GKJS. " -- Kelly McClain, Normal, Illinois, United States.


Only In America by Edith Talmason (1)
"What a wonderful story! I would really like to see more of this family - have you considered writing a book about them?" -- Jennifer Nobile Raymond, New York, NY, USA.


Frutti Di Mare by Hamish J Keith (2)
"Curious. Good TITLE. " -- Ed D. Torr.
"I think Somerset Maugham would have changed the names to protect the guilty & innocent?? sub Maugham & derivative of Flemings Octopussy. So Cesare upset you huh? Or how about a story of a SCUBA instructor with a Katoey girlfriend who gets arrested for land fraud and gang dealings?? More AMazing Thailand" -- Nemo.


A Non Special Day by Sunny (2)
"This is sad. It has a feeling of waste and hopelessnes about it, but it's a brave piece of writing because it's first person, you don't try to hide yourself behind characters names or demeanors, it's simply a morning in the life of a momentarily aimless bloke. Hope you've found your direction now, you write well. I'd be interestied in reading something with more of a plot. " -- Sooz, Dalton, England, Cumbria.
"Write a book or something. You've got the talent, and some genius; so why not get something out into the big picture? Would be nice if you wrote an actual story, not just musings about the lags of the life we all sometimes want to piss and shit on. " -- Jake.


Tainted But Trying by Sunny (2)
"you are a twisted,vile, disgusting, arrogant and a poor excuse of a human being. Seek some help on how to be a mainstreamable person. There is more to life than your small "all about self", DO IT, "'cause it makes you feel good world"." -- Molly.
"i love you too, molly !!" -- sunny, dc, dc, usa.


I Love Phoebe Gloeckner by Sunny (1)
"I liked this story because it was honest and funny, although it didn't have a "point" (sorry, I couldn't resist making that observation after what you said about "House of the Sun.") I noticed somewhere that you are a Bukowski fan. Discovering Buke the Puke a few years ago was a revelation to me. In his older years he was living proof that living well is the best revenge. His books were an inspiration to me as a writer: hilariously funny, gross, sad and mocking all at the same time. The only other writer who came close to Buke was J. P. Donleavy in "The Ginger Man." I also notice that you live in the same town as the company that published my first fiction book. WritersClub is now defunct, gobbled up by iUniverse, which published my second book." -- William Starr Moake, Honolulu, USA, Hawaii.


An Easter Story by Clifton L. Martin (2)
"This was a very unusual Easter story but I enjoyed it very, very much. I was in tears. first with sadness for the little girl and her brother and then with hapiness at the ending" -- Heather Brigham, Fredrick, Maryland, Fredrick.
"This was a very cool Easter story. Me, my mom, and my bother read it together and we all liked it alot. I wasn't sure at first what the story had to do with easter but it was too good to matter then at the end you realized it. It was cool to read a story that dealt with easter in a different way. My bother said he knew the theif was the one hanging with jesus from the moment he read it. maybe. I know my mom knew cause when I read that part you could see tears in her eyes. Hey dude, if you got more storys post them so WE CAN READ THEM. Thanks.." -- Chris, Odenton, maryland, usa.


Left Alone by Lisa James (2)
"Excellent!!" -- Lisa M, Levittown, NY, USA.
"Lisa, what a moving piece. Your description was dead-on. Great Job! " -- Jennifer Nobile Raymond, New York, NY.


The End (2) by Maria Antonia Gonzalez (1)
"nice. i can visualize what you are trying to convey. keep writing, as i think you have a genuine talent for writing." -- sunny, dc, usa.


Kidnapped by Alejandro Dubois Arrese (1)
"its simple and to the point, but it reads like journalistic news, lacking emotions and descriptive sentences. u need to add your feelings to the mix, friend." -- sunny, DC, DC, USA.


The Guy, His Horse And His Dog by Marcela Garcia (4)
"this story realy made me think of how you should be with your friends. It has a great moral!" -- Daniela, Cali, Valle, Colombia.
"This is a really nice parable, very memorable. The writing just needs to be tidied-up a little. Hope to see more of your work." -- David Gardiner, London, England.
"My name is the same as yours and you do the name justice." -- Ana Marcela Garcia Alejos, Austin, TX, USA.
"Amazing" -- Alvin.


My Wonderland by Patricia Garcia (1)
"It was sweet." -- Alvin.


Death Experience by Santiago Molina (1)
"The story showed how life can seem horrible at times. It shows how difficult it is to understand some of the dicisions that people make. for example how his friend was still with the guy that nearly killed him. The relationships of the friends could be made a little bit more clear. The short story was well written with a good theme." -- Tim Brinkman, Springfield, Illinois, United States.


The Plane Of The Sleeping Beauty by Sebastian Ramirez (1)
"nice. short and sweet. don't use all caps though." -- sunny, dc, usa.


A Time To Die by Michelle Haya Haya (2)
"i felt your pain. it was told from the heart and so is true to the spirit of life. painful but good read." -- sunny, dc, usa.
"Hola miiichhh." -- Gustavo.


The Girl That Never Went To Heaven by Enrique Copete (1)
"Keep polishing this piece�it�s an engrossing whodunit." -- Joan.


Forever Love by Sebastian Ayalde (1)
"wonderful narration, simple yet touching!" -- Alfred Ayalde, Quezon City, Philippines, Metro Manila.


The Way I Died by Juanita Grillo Diez (1)
"disturbing to say the least! i could imagine most of the scenes, especially the abandoned house in the woods. emotionally also it was heavy. you really do need to clean up the grammar and sentence construction, they distract from the story line, but otherwise you could be a 14 yr. old genius." -- sunny, DC.


You Never Know by Juanita Caicedo (1)
"Well done! My homepage | Please visit" -- Andy, United States of America, United States of America, United States of America.


A Horrible Dream by Juanita Grillo Diez (1)
"nice story...the english is not the best, but i felt your fear of the drugs and your love for the guy. the story is kind of disjointed but still conveys your essential feelings. this is the second time i have read this story and i still like it." -- sunny, DC, USA.


My Horrible Trip To The U.S.A by Andres Lastra (1)
"damn i loved this story. i think the story is even better with the spelling mistakes, because it makes it seem like a little kid wrote it. very good. i don't believe you are a kid by the way." -- sunny, washington, dc, usa.


The Meaning Of Friendship by Maria Mercedes Restrepo (1)
"I think your short story was very well written. There are a lot of helpful details and the structure of your sentences were good also. The story itself was very cute and had a cute message inside of it." -- mandy, normal, il, usa.


Anorexia by Maria Mercedes Restrepo (3)
"This was a good story. I think part of thie story could have been explained more. I would have liked to know why she became anorexic, and if her parents know she was sick before she went to the hospital. Also what kind do treatments did she get to help her recover from anorexia" -- Nichole Schul, Peoria, Il, U.S..
"The development of the story could have been better. Also, make sure that you proofread. There are quite a few mechanical and spelling errors. Most of the story was hard to follow due to weak transitions and poor grammar and spelling errors. Overall, the concept of the story was exceptional. Work on your mechanical errors and development problems and you could be a better writer. " -- ashley, mckeesport, pa, us.
"very nice story...i connected with you/the lead girl. your english grammar is weak but overall i liked the story and felt it's power." -- sunny, dc, usa.


Be Sure Of Your Acts by Catalina Chavarro (1)
"me parece el peor cuento quehe leido, catalina es una inmaudor" -- andrea.


Summer Of My German Soldier (Chapter 22) by Kristen Antia (1)
"You write beautifully, Kristen. There is nothing raw about your work because you write it with such feeling. Your English is impecabble and puts mine to shame! Your stories have an optimistic beauty even when writing about sad things which I think is very lovely. My work in contrast, has a slightly depressing quality to it. " -- Harriet Nicholas, UK.


Temping In TV Land by Howard Freedman (1)
"overall i liked the story, yet it needs work. my biggest criticism is that there seemed to be no overall point to the story. the characters and action were interesting standalone, but the story is dull because nothing really happens in it." -- sunny.


[email protected], Kenny And Me by Howard Freedman (2)
"good stuff Howard! a good story told simply, keep it up! email me if you want more feedback - but i don't think this one can be improved any further." -- sunny, DC.
"hey i just re-read your story. its still as entertaining as the first time." -- sunny, DC, USA.


The Male Qualities Of New York Love by Tyurina E Allen (2)
"I didn't like this one as much as some of your other pieces. My impression was that you didn't really know where it was going yourself a lot of the time. I can accept ungrammatical sentences and strange images if it all adds up to something but this time I didn't think it did. All I got out of it was a claim to the effect that writers are very special and see things that other people do not see. This may be true, but if it is then the point of being a writer is to be able to communicate the special insights, and I don't think this one communicates very much at all." -- David Gardiner, London, England.
"Too many words without nothing being really said. Too much telling and no involvement. I did not care about the characters. Also too much melodrama. Tone down a bit." -- fellowdroogs.


Learning To Be Normal by David Valencia (3)
"David, Victory to the children who stood up for their home. Somehow I was seeing a children story, something with a learning experience. It was good just the same. Keep it up." -- Janae D. Anthony.
"awesome story...its kinda jumbled in terms of pictures that it produces in my head...but i liked the flow and the quirky premise. children who learn to be civilized to save the jungle. mad!!!" -- sunny, DC, USA.
"Hey, I think that is a rather nice, quaint little story! My name is Ducela too^.^; how'd you think up that name? ^.^" -- Ducela.


Outside The Principal's Office by The Workshop (2)
"The author did a nice job of building to the zinger at the end. Good descriptions too. I work in the office of an elementary school and watch kids in the hot seat all day long. Fortunately our principal is not Mr. Prichard although I've see the waiting game and the long drawn out interogation many times." -- Maureen Rogers, Seattle, Washington, USA.
"the story didnt interest me and the twist at the end wasnt needed. the feelings didnt flow correct and it was reflected in the language." -- sunny, Dc.


One Step Can Change Your Life by Melody (1)
"Loved it " -- Brooke roth .


My First Kiss by Nugget (3)
"I think your story is very good. I liked it a lot, just one question is it a real life story?" -- Nathalia Arenas, Cali, Colombia.
"This story was really great. Even though I'm a boy, it still kind of reflects the feelings boys had about girls during their younger times. It made me think of my first time, and how good it felt just to get it over with, its sounds terrible but thats how most kids my age felt when we were young." -- Hiren Patel, Bloomington, Illinois, USA.
"I feel that this was an interesting subject, but I think if it was elaborated more would be even more interesting. I would like to know more about what was going on in your head before the kiss. Did the kiss change anything, did you guys keep in touch after the class. " -- Krisin Rehbock.


Comfort For None by Adagio (1)
"Incredibly touching. Nice to see the mixed emotions instead of a simple "I hate him" attitude." -- Jennifer Nobile Raymond, New York, NY, USA.


Our Creation by Catalina Chavarro (2)
"Save for some crappy grammar and cheesy Disney-ness, I read this the way I suspect it was supposed to be read...cynical bashing of the Bible! :-)! Kind of funny at parts and kind of cheesy at others, though it'd be better with revision and word choice." -- Tyrant.
"Hello My name is Edilson Chavarro. I want to know the origin of my last name. I want to know person with my last name. Thank you Edilson Chavarro [email protected][email protected] " -- Edilson Chavarro, Santa Fe de Bogot�, Cundinamarca, Colombia.


Quiznos by Nugget (3)
"What the *hell* was that?" -- Tyrant.
"Very good explaining how we should be thankful for the times we have that are special." -- Braincrusher.
"Entirely pointless. Was there any thought or meaning put into this story?" -- Death.


Flight Of Angels by Paul V. Fornatar (3)
"Whooooa. That was cool.( Not sarcastic.)" -- Meg.
"Surprising take on what could otherwise be just another supernaturally angled holiday story. Intriguing ghostlike characters, scary ending." -- Joan.
"Wow! Loved it, but *show,* do not tell." -- no.


Addio, Mama Mia by Paul V. Fornatar (2)
"I like it - It's tough to find this quality in less than 1500 words - I'm also learning that you get more readers for the short, short, stories, especially on this site. Good job!" -- Dick Koss, Ohio.
"Dear Dick,Thanks for the comments. I've tried to write short. You are correct in thinking that short shorts sell. I've had 75 published. " -- Paul Fornatar, Chicago, Il.


A Dish Of Yogurt by Paul V. Fornatar (3)
"Enjoyed the whimsey of the story." -- Mark Shame, Chicago, Illinois.
"Thoroughly enjoyable. " -- Richard, Calgary.
"An enjoyable story with a delightful ending!" -- Carmen Gamble.


A Family That Stays Together by Paul V. Fornatar (5)
"Read the Yogurt story and then this one. This was laid back and really fooled me. Good Dialogue." -- Mark Shame, Chicago, Illinois.
"Talk about a twist! Excellent." -- Richard, Calgary.
"Cute Story - Digby?? Did you happen to get that from Digby O'dell, the friendly undertaker, a radio character on "the Life of Riley" show that starred William Bendix? I know, I know, only someone close to your age would know that." -- Dick Koss, W. Hills, Ohio.
"Dick, O'Dell's first name was what started the whole idea.That's the only thing I borrowed. Yes, if you remember LOR you have to be my age or at least an appreciator of the Theater of the Mind. Thanks" -- Paul Fornatar, Chicago, Il.
"I really liked this story, it was cute but somewhat morbid." -- Patricia, New York.


Anita Hill At The Roller Derby by Richard Grayson (1)
"I'm have litl dog & cat! I want to share with you were you'll be find this for your pets: collar nice buy cat buy nice cat collar collar buy cat nice nice collar buy cat nice collar cat buy nice cat collar buy buy quality cat collar nice buy cat collar nice buy collar cat dog collar " -- newboy, Moscow, Moscow, USA.


Riding The Line by Steven R. Kravsow (2)
"Steven, What I really liked about this piece was the overall tone - very peaceful. I think Rosie needs to be a little more developed as a character - maybe more internal dialogue as she watches the world go by. The ending was cute - I think developing Rosie's character would increase the impact of it at the end. Overall, the writing is very precise and the narrative is wonderfully descriptive! Your writing is great!" -- Jennifer Nobile Raymond, New York, NY.
"Ditto to the above reviewer. I would like to add that there is some build up to learn something about the babbling bus passenger and it's a shame that you don't do more with him. Also, 'clutched a baby, pressed' could just be 'clutched a baby to her chest'. " -- Iam.


An Interruption by Carly Heath (3)
"Exceptional! I sincerely loved this work. I would love to read more...." -- Todd Lyker, Tulsa, OK, USA.
"I loved this story! It was so true-to-life and interesting, it kept me reading right till the end." -- Paula S, Hamilton, Scotland.
"This is a very gripping story and makes a worthwhile point about what things matter in life and what do not. The main thing I would change would be the constant repetition of the name Marie Maxine Clark, which creates a picture of a stiff, formal sort of person the first few times you do it but then becomes merely irritating. I would also edit out the details that don't really contribute to either the plot or the characterisation, such as the stuff about the alarm clock and the train schedules. Total word count could be greatly shortened. There are a few proof reading faults (e.g. briefcase is all one word, "incase" should be two words, there is an unintentional shift of tense when you say "The subway is full of loud sounds" as well as the intentional one a little later). It's very visual, would make a fine short film script. Memorable and powerful. Well done!" -- David Gardiner, London, England.


"Se Meis Kylla Ossa" by Pauli Tikkanen (1)
"an interesting story indeed!" -- paul tikkanen, salt lake city, utah, united states.


Murder Seen by Jody Collier (7)
"I absolutely love the imagery in this piece! Great use of metaphors, and a very gripping tale, too boot!" -- Ruby.
"Good read. This is part of a series? I'd like to read more about this "photofiler!"" -- Kay Green, Norman, Oklahoma , USA.
"Great story!!! I loved it. I really connected with Blue!!! " -- Jay Garrett, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
"A great start to what should become a larger work. The writer's artistry is as apparent as a master painters brushstrokes, fluid,subtle and alluring, drawing you into the scene..... " -- To0dd Lyker, Tulsa, OK, USA.
"I think the author should consider a series about this forensic investigator." -- Paige, usa.
"Nice story. Good, quick read. Will the author be doing more? I can see this as a pilot for a tv series! It needs more fleshing out but has possibilities." -- Anne.
"Great story! Great writing! I want to know if Festus was in the box, did they find the money, what happened to his wife? More, More, More! " -- Kate, Pensacola, FL, USA.


Lullaby by R. D. Partee (5)
"Damned good, Partee! When I first started reading, the Hal-Like interface of Ship and disasterous grammatical errors almost disgusted me into cession, but I was bored, so I read on. The ending-though not a twist-is kind of shrouded in ambiguity, and the several outcomes I had postulated (the correct one was one of them) gave me ideas for other stories. So, while being a good read driven by dialogue and some good character traits (though the snotty teen ager was overdone), it also inspired new thoughts and 'delusions of granduer' within the reader! Huzzah and Kudos! Oh, and if it's a rip-off of some sci-fi story I haven't read, well...all of you who have read my reviews of rip-off stories know the drill....*Bash, one good trait, bash, bash, another good trait, bash, bash*" -- Tyrant.
"One of the best things I have read on here yet!" -- Lisa, levittown, NY, USA.
"CONGRATULATIONS ARE ON ORDER. IMAGINATION, TALENT AND TECHNIC." -- C.
"CONGRATULATIONS ON LULLABY, ITS SIMPLICITY AND DEPTH SURPRISED POSITIVELY. " -- C.
"Hey old man don�t be lazy, get out of the porch and publish some more. Iread all of your work and i truly loved it. Be a good writer and don�t be selfish." -- iseldar kay.


Love For An Hour by Adagio (2)
"Very short story, but it had a purpose. That much was clear. I just didn't totally understand what exactly that purpose was." -- Megan.
"Wow... This piece is truly inspiring. I love it and I can really feel the words. It's beautiful!" -- Bobbi, London, England.


The Left Arm Of The Law by Steven R. Kravsow (1)
"Riveting story, well written. I would like to have seen a stronger ending though." -- JT.


Homeboy by R W Morris (2)
"Had some trouble following this after he mentioned "the assignment." Why is he in Libya. Since he's not military or C.I.A. what is he? The big question is why did the writer play so coy with the story so that the reader is not sure what the hell is going on other than for some unknown reason he's ducking SAM's to drop ordnance on Arabs." -- Bob Hayes, Elgin, IL, 60120.
"Intriguing story. Why is he doing what he did? It really doesn't matter why, it matters that he is. The "being coy" is the writer's way of illustrating the duality (and similarities) in life & work. Being married to the "job", leaving one gang for another "gang" (with better weapons), etc." -- Sey Mour, Calgary, AB, Canada.


Stunned To Silence by Silents (3)
"That was so.....old. Everyone and anyone can write that." -- Meg.
"Now Meg, envy will get you no where. The poem was written from the heart and that is what matters to the author. " -- Peter.
"I hate you, Silents. I am running of to Cancun with Jay, the body-building pool boy. I hope he's a little better in bed than you...oh...and the poem was....'nice'..." -- Crystal.


The Fringe Effect by K. F. (2)
"Hey there. You have potential with this one, but you need to check your grammer. Also try varying sentence structure-- you tend to begin sentences with "He" or other nouns. Try adding more action or something concrete, because it really lags. You tend to repeat yourself and it can get cumbersome." -- Carly.
"oh dear, there are some typos in there. apologies." -- K. F. .


Friday Evening by Sunny (5)
"You were lucky - It took me years to discover that a sure way to ruin a good friendship with a female is to have sex with her. And any woman who says (you hear this from a lot of celebrities) "He's not only my lover but also my best friend" is a liar. " -- D. Koss, Ohio.
"thanks Koss! but i wonder why my other readers, especially fem. fatales, don't review this shit. was i a dickhead or was it just fate? why didn't she talk to me ever again? help!!" -- sunny, DC.
"Sunny--perhaps she never talked to you again because she was embarrassed at her behavior. I personally have never had a sexual relationship with a man that I was previously friends with, but I can see that if she was drunk and unsure what was going on, she might have been embarrassed after the fact that one, you saw her that way, and that two, you were intimate with her and she was screaming out another girl's name. Who knows? I don't think it makes you an ass, its just one of those things." -- Raye, Michigan, USA.
"This lady reviewed my song, ''Billy lee'', as an example of a pile of depressing bullshit. Apparently, she hasnt ever been put into a situation where she had to think about anybody but HERSELF. Wake up, Sunny. Youre about as sunny as a cloudy day in December. Other people have feelings too, you know. But otherwise, I think youre very talented. " -- david Doc Byron, vincennes, ind, US.
"This lady reviewed my song, ''Billy lee'', as an example of a pile of depressing bullshit. Apparently, she hasnt ever been put into a situation where she had to think about anybody but HERSELF. Wake up, Sunny. Youre about as sunny as a cloudy day in December. Other people have feelings too, you know. But otherwise, I think youre very talented. " -- david Doc Byron, vincennes, ind, US.


The Hauberk Trilogy by J A Melody (2)
"An excellent trilogy of war stories, very sentimental, very thought provoking, my favorite was The soilder. Keep up the ggod work " -- Jonathan S Mac Namara, Ireland.
"A well written collection of work, it combines human insight with despondancy, very good source for fans of War stories, and others who just want to read a piece of very good writing, keep up the good work, long may you continue to delight me with your stories and poetry. " -- Juan Morrientes, Vitoria, Basque, Spain.


Nothing Is Just Black And White by Mitzy Spilman (1)
"I failed to find any rational social commentary in this piece. You have a good idea but the thought required to embrace the subject is lacking. I recommend you spell check your work before submitting for review. Spelling and structural errors greatly diminish your work. The dialogue does not read well. In one instance you use an exclamation point when the character is whispering. A good writing course will help you with these problems." -- Greg Olson, New York, NY.


Quiet Seduction by Adagio (4)
"Sorry but Im confused. Are we talking about a cat here? Because if we are, then I would suggest immediate therapy." -- Meg.
"whispers short and sweet - i can understand the metaphor" -- Joel, Portsmouth, England.
"I think it is a beautifully written story, very touching." -- chris.
"Every dog has his day, by the nights belong to us cats!" -- Monte, USA.


A Place To Stay by Steven R. Kravsow (7)
"Outstanding writing. Excellent use of dialog to further the storyline. Excellent plot with a great twist at the end, told in a concise manner that keeps the action movig along at a fast clip." -- Mick, Htfd, CT, USA.
"I love this site. Seems to have great exposure. I hope it gets you the that recognition you so deserve. *s* This story was always one of my favorites. Keep up the terrific work. I'm patiently awaiting Chapter 4, ya know!?!? *w* You're truly talented, Steven." -- Tammy.
"I enjoyed reading this story. The descriptions and dialog were very realisitic...very believable. And the story line flowed smoothly. A pleasant reading experience." -- Lizzy, Wisconsin.
"Interesting. I liked the ending. The characters were colorful. You got a real sense of the people through the dialogue in the bar. I would like to read more by this author." -- r. mcguire.
"the story is OK. the description of stuff and things is very good, but there's really no plot and the characters are poorly developed." -- sunny, DC.
"You have a wonderful way of bringing your characters to life. This story was a real treat to read." -- Pammie, Lansing, Michigan, US.
"Wow!...this story was VERY creepy, and I totally didn't expect the ending.....it was SO well written!!" -- Katie, Canada.


Rhia by Francis Homestead (1)
"It was going okay until you started to explain why she doesn't drive. As soon as I hit "it all started when..." I bailed." -- Lisa.


A Place Of God In Modern, Feministic Views, Or Quotations From A Goddess To A God by Tyurina E Allen (5)
"were you on drugs when you wrote it? the sentences make no sense at all." -- sunny, DC.
"Lost me I'm afraid. I did try so hard, then tried again. Is it me? Probably. Sorry. THE END! " -- Ed, Essex, England.
"this story is very sad. i liked it" -- eliza, optional, nj, us.
"I didn't find this an easy read but when I managed to tune in to it it became quite compelling. It seemed to be a view from inside a very troubled mind, all the things bubbling-up inside the mind of a girl who was abused as a child and is deeply confused and unhappy and contemplating suicide. It is actually a deeply disturbing and very accomplished piece of writing, in my opinion. The only thing I wondered about was why you took a third-person perspective when the material so obviously suited first-person telling a-la-James Joyce." -- David Gardiner, London, England.
"Again, too much melodrama- no showing and all telling. no character involvement. Too much in the Olds/Plath vein. You need to break away if you ever wanna get good." -- fellowdroogs.


Hair - The Combing Out by Lillian Noura (1)
"A very touching story about a Puerto Rican child and her new adoptive mother. The feelings expressed are very powerful and cathartic. A must read!" -- Paul Wilcox, New York, New York, USA.


Granpa's Walk by Lisa Diaz-Meyer (16)
"I loved this story. It was very creative, insightful and thought- provoking. The author is extremely talented." -- Paula Finnerty, Wantagh, ny, usa.
"Powerfully written, extremely compelling!" -- Myra Martino, Toluca Lake, CA, USA.
"Excellent story...very moving...well done!!" -- Peggy Bourletos, Staten Island, NY, USA.
""I really enjoyed it!!!...Very well written,with just the right amount of emotional tugging! I can't wait for the sequel!!" -- Denise Colon, Summerville, South Carolina , USA.
"An excellent story! Well written, emotional, and intriguing.Leaves you wanting more!" -- Linda Falcone, Valley Stream, NY.
"Loved it. Very well written - it really made you feel for the mother. But you have to hurry and write a sequel - I can't stop thinking about what could have happened to the Grandfather." -- Marcia Bourletos, Staten Island, New York, USA.
"Wonderful and moving story, capturing the feel of a family fallen on hard times very well. Is there a continuation?" -- Nadja Teichert, Switzerland.
"Moving story. Transports you with the density of her details and images. Leaves you wanting more, yet resonates with its message. Look forward to reading more from this author." -- Wayne Blatz, New York, NY, USA.
"Very well written. The author is very talented and if she has any other stories she should submit them. We would like to hear more from you, so keep it up. Very touching story and very true to life." -- Ann, Staten Island, NY, USA.
"Very touching story that shows the resilence of human nature. How it is possible to find inner strength. Well written but I'm anxious to know what happened to Grandpa." -- Rita, New York, NY.
"Very well written. Looking forward to reading a follow up!" -- Cathy Rios-Hayes, Sayreville, NJ.
"I loved this story. It was very well written and very powerful. It leaves you wanting more-you should seriously write a sequal, it was great!" -- Farrah Denny, Ny, Ny.
"Bravo!!! i thought it was well written. I hope theres a part 2 or something. I want to know what happened to granpa..." -- Dori, Jersey City, N.J..
"This is he second story that I have read by Mrs. LisaAnn Meyers, and it was better than the first one. She creates a feeling and mood through her extensive detail of family crisis. Someone that has this kind of talent needs to be read by a bigger audience. The author offers her own type of writing style that is revealing and fresh. Once you start reading this story you will want more in the end. I feel cheated that the story ended so quickly and this is a plea to Mrs.Lisa Ann Meyers to write another chapter in this wonderful well written story. Tony K." -- Tony K, Pasadena, MD.
"Very moving and emotional story and a very different type of writing style that makes the reader want to read more with its in depth detail." -- Rick, NY, NY, USA.
"Very good! I was engaged right off the bat. It was very relatable on so many levels, stressed mom, single mom, worried daughter, faith. Would love to know what happened to Grandpa." -- Linda P.


The Beginning Of A Hero by Michael Hunter (3)
"Ehhhh...it was energetic, I'll give you that, but more or less indistinguishable from the amalgam of neophyte medieval fantasy�another orphan destined to save the world or some blather. You didn't make the child's age clear�first he's cradled in the large warrior's arms, then he's leaping astride a horse and galloping away? With refinement and hopefully some deviation from the boy-saves-world standard, you could do something decent with this. Good luck, Michael." -- Leah Raeder, Chicago Ridge, IL, United States.
"A bit repetitive...some nice ideas, such as the shadow-creatures, which are always cool, but the killing off the warrior was a bad move...my favorite character always has to die, eh? Oh, well. If you replace him with a new mentore, don't make him so bloodthirsty. Sometimes the coolest characters are literally the *coolest*. "Come get some" of Duke Nukem lore has been replaced with the icy precision of Hannibal Lecter and the like. This reminds me a lot of Pitch Black, what with the shadow-creatures and all, so you might as well go the extra step and incorporate a Riddick-like character." -- Tyrant.
"I agree completely with what the first two reviewers said. Thus, all I have left to offer is a title change. Did you know that you can shorten your current title and still say precisely the same thing? Have you tried "Hero's Beginning." Go ahead, I won't stop you.--The Advisor" -- JA St.George.


There are 65 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.