www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Remembering by Colin Baker (2)
"I guess Biko wasn't really immortal after all." -- Richard.
"Hi Richard, I would beg to differ, for example in the sense that Steve Biko has earned a place in numerous history books of humankind thus assuring his name, his various political activities and so on, live for an eternity, being passed from generation to generation and from culture to culture." -- Colin Baker.


A Pious Gent by Colin Baker (4)
"i hoep you are bashing bush for good reasons and not just doin it because its the "cool" thing to do. Your simplistic meter hits hard. keep it up. " -- ryan severud.
"Thank you indeed Ryan, and yes, my writing is more than a mere reaction to contemporary world events you'll be glad to here." -- Colin Baker.
"Neither artistic nor relevant. You ought to pay more attention to the politics of that shit-hole of the western world in which you live instead of sticking your nose in the business of this country. How can you criticize your neighbor's house when you live in a pig pen yourself? " -- Richard.
"Hello Richard, Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the US military been criticizing their neighbours' houses (often murderously so) for decades now?" -- Colin Baker.


Rain Heading In From The West by Colin Baker (4)
" CRAP....JUST PLAIN CRAP." -- MS, Iowa, USA.
"Hi MS from somewhere Iowa. I respect your comments that the above mentioned work is, in your words crap, but to make a rather rude claim then run away without offering the slightest evidence as to your view is crass in the extreme. So come out of the shadows and put forward your objective reasoning please." -- Colin Baker.
"As the visitor can see, I'm still awaiting the return of 'MS' from somewhere in Iowa. " -- Colin baker.
"If MS, Iowa's view is crass in the extreme, how extreme is your message focusing on Western agression. Do you not see agression in the beheadings of soldiers and civilians or the suicide bombings that kill thousands of innocent women and children. Is there no agression in the mind set of Muslin extremists whose proclaimed goal is to kill Christians and Jews everywhere? You repeatedly provide evidence in your writings that you are an incurable atheist who has fallen in love with his own view of himself as an intellectual. The Marxist and socialist ideologies and their patrons to whom you are so devoted are merely ghosts of failed societies. Like most liberals, you still cannot understand that it is neither intellectual nor progressive to keep trying the same utopian solutions that have failed, and will continue to fail - it is insanity. " -- Richard.


Entwined Hearts by Dri (1)
"Endless love from an overflowing heart...so beautiful.Can any man ask for more? Can there be anything more precious? All My Love Sweetie...Your Loving Man...Steve" -- Luvwriter, Hummelstown, USA, Pennsylvania.


Dad by Carla Thomson (5)
"As someone who lost a dad at about your age, this was a bit hard for me. Perhaps because I sense anger. And that is an emotion I think I only felt once towards my dad. He died a long time ago, and my heart longs for his love still. It is good that you have chosen an outlet such as writing to express your feelings. I only ask that you remember words and actions can never be taken back. I hope this all works out for you. It is hard to see "them" as people at this age...still trying to figure out who you are yourself." -- mattie.
"Dear Carla,I too lost a father when I was your age but he didn't pass away.My mother divorced him and when he walked out on my mother he walked out on me as well.So I can definately understand the anger you feel for your dad.I hope you continue to express your feelings through your poetry and I hope that one day all will be well with your dad." -- David D.
"my dad did not pass away, and yes i am angry because of the things that happend, the things i know he could chang but didn't.i love my dad how could i not, but thinking of him brings me pain. he let his wife hurt us, my brother and i. i know he could have stopped it but she had too much controle and i have the right to call her a bitch because that is what she is. it's been 3 to 4 years since i left my dad's house and what happend there haunts me still and i'm trieng so hard to forgive. i can't explain execty what i've gone through in a way it makes sence, but for the time being i want nothing to do with "them"." -- Carla.
"Wow, what a heartfelt poem. My heart goes out to you. We never really understand when a family member chooses a stranger over us do we? Love the poem, keep writing :)" -- Tamsin Butler.
"Hi,Some people do anything to fight over to get what they want in what they call love, and they use any excuse and lies to do so. I do feel sorry for you, and know where you are comming from. Keep writing and may God Bless you. Some people to do want to accept what comes on the plate with the rest of that love. " -- Sam, Auck,, N. Zealand.


(A)L(M)Ight(Y) by Buxton (2)
"Excellent work here Bux, this one has promise, I like the 3rd person view of the world, if thats what it was?? Either way my interpretation of it was excellent. Thankss for reviewing me.Sasu" -- Sasu.
"Read it, didn't love it...as you said! :) Seriously though nice work, I couldnt see the 3rd person perspective on it, but none the less enjoyed." -- tom Bomb.


Yet Another Day... by Alvin Gladstone (3)
"Oh god, Is Alvin also a Software Engineer ?." -- shunmuga, Bangalore, Karanataka, India.
"Yep Shunmuga, u almost guessed it, though am not a S/W engg, am in IT. And u seem to empathize well with the situation too, yr from b'lore, I can understand :)" -- Alvin.
"hey Alvin yr doing a great job. i really like yr work especially that short story "first night" and this poem "yet another day. my half of the family lives in India and im an Indian too." -- sana, karachi, pakistan.


Who Said? by Yessayana Hartfield (1)
"This is a positive, motivating poem that I'm sure anyone in a struggle could appreciate. " -- Misty Darrah, Lynn, MA.


What Are These? by Jacson A Bevens (2)
"Okay! So riddles are not my thing...are you ganna give it up? :)" -- Mattie.
"NIPPLES!!" -- Ralph.


We're Both Drowning by Elizabeth Flores (5)
"This was good, Elizabeth. Welcome and hope to see more from you. " -- Mattie.
"this is good! some nice wording. the last line could be better though....maybe "and you keep dragging me deeper". something more permanent would sound better. you're ending is optimistic but the whole poem is filled with despair. that would keep in the flow of the suject better, i think. take care..." -- km.
"You have a good point about the ending, km. Thanks for the encouragement and suggestion." -- Elizabeth Flores, Toledo, Ohio, USA.
"Sounds like your going through lots of garbish." -- Jeanette H.
"I know exactly how you feel. I allowed an addict's disease to suck the life out of me. I survived though, and my life is so much better today. Hang it there Elizabeth." -- JM.


Was I Ever Once Worth The Time by M Q Walters (5)
"Wow. Very good. Short, but alot said in those words. I can tell, you've been in the "not so good" relationship(s)...." -- Jonathon Brannon, San Bernardino, CA.
"Awesome job M Q.You have a style all it's own.Very creative although I'm almost sure this piece was based on personal experience.I know how you feel." -- Brian L.
"All of my relationships have been good...just end badly. Writing is my way to express how I feel, thank you both for taking time to read and review." -- mattie.
"I think you are worth more than just a dime. I think you are worth a million dollars because you are a great poet.So keep writing and keep expressing yourself! ;)" -- David D.
"Thank you David...writing IS my way to express myself." -- Mattie.


Waiting (2) by Ashley Burdett (1)
"Nice one Ashley, keep it up." -- Alvin Gladstone, India.


Tiny Souls by Mary Tronti (2)
"Sweet little things they are until they turn two...nice poem for the lil' angels :)" -- mattie.
"Great job,I like it." -- Brian L.


The Wendy Williams Pu-Lease by Yessayana Hartfield (2)
"They shoulda left town early....on all thos busses in da skool yards. " -- Ralph.
"You drove the point home that there is always someone worse off than yourself, and you should always be willing to help anyone less fortunate than yourself. Not to help is selfish." -- Misty, Lynn, MA.


The Long Sleep That Steals Away Guilt by Uche Peter Umez (3)
"The Long Sleep That Steals Away Guilt is indeed the funiest poem I have ever read." -- chilaka blessing, Owerri, Nigeria, Imo.
"very good poem. beautifully descriptive. personally, i didn't find it funny, though. was i supposed to? " -- Elizabeth Flores, Toledo, OH.
"I have once reviewed this poem. The way I look at it now,The poem is an authur's own conception about a particular guilt,say a feeling of guilt that oozea out from fornication." -- Chilaka Blessing c, Owerri, Imo, Nigeria.


Soul Meld by M Q Walters (4)
"awww how sweet... my g/f wishes i wrote like that, oh well. keep those hearts throbbing ;)" -- ryan severud.
"Ahhh Ryan...we cannot be dark all the time...gotta look for the light from whence it shines...thanx for the review :)" -- Mattie.
"nice writing easy to follow with a real nice feeling" -- fh, canada.
"Thanks fh :)" -- mattie.


Review ! A Myth.. by Sasu (7)
"Yeah I totally agree with the point of this....Yhere seems to be too many people on this place not willing to give their opinion, where it's needed most. CMON SLEEPY HEADS RISE AND SHINE.....EVERYONE NEEDS A REVIEW NOW AND THEN." -- Buxton.
"there is no doubt you are correct with this when Ifirst stated to post here I reviewed a lot of writing mostly songs and some poetry and very few of those people ever returned the favour ,now I reveiw a handful of peoples work and they reveiw mine so I know where your coming from ,maybe some people are that good they don't need feed back or want to help us less then perfect writers anyhow nice idea and great point" -- fh, canada.
"Posting reviews are like opinions, and everyone has those. Though I read a great deal of the postings here I do not review every post, only the ones that stand out, or have some special meaning for me. So in all fairness to those who do not post reviews, perhaps they have nothing positive, or constructive to say? " -- Mattie.
"I agree that there should be more reviews, but I'm still happy that people take time to read my poetry. Let's not forget that true expression is not a method of getting praise or recognition, it's for getting something out that you need to. This site serves that purpose perfectly. " -- Bryan.
"I'll have to agree with you and the others. We all love reviews, and we all want/need to know where we need to improve. So hopefully everyone will wake up and start talking! Thanks for this..." -- km.
"I like the subtle sarcasm that you employ in this piece. :)" -- Tamsin.
"Awesome. and you are correct." -- Alvin Gladstone.


Poems Of A Differant Tone by Delmar Burkett (2)
"I think I know some of these poems. Hope all is well with you. I hope to hear from one day again. 8106100026 Fatima God Bless" -- Fatima.
"You have so much compassion and true emotion for writing... You did it again... Beautiful" -- Peggy Morris, NC, United States.


Outside Your Window by Roberto J Moreno (1)
"as always...beautiful" -- km.


Just Not Today by Buxton (1)
"I found this to be very powerful and moving." -- Lady Sashi, Camrose, Alberta, Canada.


It by M Q Walters (4)
"beautiful and well written" -- km.
"Thank you km :)" -- Mattie.
"Very well written,Mattie.But tell me what 'it' is? Is it sex,love,passion,romance?Tell me what you see when you look into someones lustful eyes.Describe to me what you taste when you kiss the lips of someone you love.I don't mean to get to personal,Mattie,but your poem leaves me wanting more.This was different for you and I think you should continue to write erotic poetry because I am sensing that you are a woman filled with desire and passion." -- David D.
"David...this poem is about sex,romance,love,and passion. I see and feel many things. I write about most of them...and post only a few. I am passionate about many things. I'm glad you liked this and the point is to ALWAYS leave them wanting more...:) " -- mattie.


It Is My Business by Yessayana Hartfield (2)
"Will you gave me a good laught." -- Jeanette H.
"Hi,great to read you poem, which l enjoyed.I wrote something similiar"Is What l hate, is what l..." A lot of people here did not like to appreciate my comments maked in my poem. It now feels great to have read your poem. " -- Amy, London, UK.


I Shall... by Mary Tronti (2)
"Always keep your head up Mary T! This is a very inspirational piece." -- GN.
"Nice One" -- Alvin Gladstone, India.


I Love My Lord by Bg Ryan (1)
"Beautiful poem, I love reading poems on other peoples experience relating to God. Also spreading the word gives hope to people to realise God is here for us - he resides in very heart." -- Amy, Hayes, UK.


His Pain by Ken Harbec (6)
"This was nice...tell me what meaning it has for you?" -- Mattie.
"Prudy, so wonderful to see your wok, again. Abstract as usual,crisp, precise,vivid. You know I love you....call me when you need to see me, I miss you so....Phil" -- PhilV, st. johnsbury, VT, usa.
"Mattie;it was my way of accepting a most unperfect situation by seeing that person through a different perspective. I felt by understanding where he was at mentally helped me find a possible amswer to his lashing out at me. Phillip, it has been ages. I have thought of you often ( still emotional after all these years) knowing all those long nights helped me become what I am today. Forever yours PEWD" -- "KJH".
"Good grasp of what appears to be a bad situation. I like your condensation, I felt your acceptance and the release. Do you have more work? " -- alexx, pawtucket, RI, usa.
"Alexx, Thank You for seeing the true form of this blues tune. " -- PEWD.
"I guess I don't get it. Please explain more." -- Ashley.


First Day Of My Life by David Baker (2)
"Heck of a job,I like it." -- Brian L.
"cheers mate, glad u liked it " -- baker.


Dying On My Knees by Aryka (2)
"WoW ! Wasn't expecting that.. Some really powerfull wording here, I like your style, really! A lot. This is a fantastic piece, thanks for sharing it, and I will be expecting more of the same. I think your strengths lie dominantely in imagery, I could get a real sense of feeling from it, good job x" -- Buxton.
"A really good poetry pouring out the words felt that has to be poured so that some relief could be obtained for what all happenned " -- chandrasekaran, chennai, Tamilnadu, India.


Driving To Feel You Near by Roberto J Moreno (1)
"THIS IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -- km.


Done With The Lies by Ashley Martin (2)
"Maybe you should have made passionate love to him and he wouldn't have lied to ya. " -- Marky.
"men suck! they're all a bunch a freaks. good you left when you did" -- km.


Ciggaretts by Yessayana Hartfield (1)
"This is a very descriptive and eye opening example of what cigarretts do to smokers. It should be posted on the cigarrett ads!" -- Misty, Lynn, MA.


Brother My Brother by Deava (2)
"excellent! really like how you ended this..." -- km.
"This poem had different meanings for me. Overall, I thought it was brilliant expression of the Author's feelings." -- Crystal Hughes, Philadelphia, us, PA.


Broken Beat by Tim D Ryan (1)
"Not so pointless for me. Motivating and uplifting. I like it!" -- mattie.


Begging Forgiveness by Rae (2)
"full of permanence and despair...my favorite kind of poem..." -- km.
"Very nice Rae" -- mattie.


Autumn Winchester by Tim D Ryan (2)
"Good job,I like it.Reminds me of Linkin' Park or something." -- Brian L.
"Linkin Park? They're so cliche'. IF I manage to finish the acoustic, I'll show you how different it really is." -- Tim D Ryan.


Autumn Dream by Lissa N Metz-Gomez (1)
"Nice work, excellent imagery. I liked the way you make it feel warm and welcoming. Good Job." -- Buxton.


Appreciation by Jacson A Bevens (1)
"I loved it Jacson, what u said is very true." -- Alvin Gladstone.


A Winter Night Sky by Gerald Scruggs (2)
"wonderful.I can just imagine being under the stars." -- Cathy.
"I enjoyed this piece, check for typos though, and your rhythm gets off beat here and there. I look forward to seeing more from you." -- mattie.


A Gust Of Wind(For Caillin) by Tyla B D D Kenzie (1)
"How sweet! Don't forget the other 3...they see these things ya know :)" -- Mattie.


There are 38 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.