www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Silent Prayer by Dri Cook (9)
"bravo, bravo, good touching piece- we need more intimency with God" -- vernon, bedford, tx, usa.
"Dri, very good. This should be the cry of all our hearts. Very nicely done. :)" -- Steven L. Howard.
"Never loose your faith. God is real and he hears your prayers. Tell somebody about Christ today. He is the Key to opening the Gates of Heaven. He is comming soon!" -- Nick Marshburn.
"thank you all. Yes, Nick, we may loose everything in our lives but if we keep our faith we still have everything." -- Dri.
"Dri, I like your advice on Me and You. How do I edit my work on this site?" -- Nick Marshburn.
"Hi Nick. Glad you like it. Well, to edit your work, go to the same place you submit it (under THE AUTHORS). Then you'll see EDIT YOUR SUBMISSION. Click on it. Then go to SELECT AN ACION (after you fill the other gaps) and finally choose EDIT YOUR AUTHOR AND TITLE INFORMATION. That's it. Feel free not only to contact me, but to use my email address as well (written on my info here). Take care. I'm looking forward to read it again. I really liked this piece of yours." -- Dri.
"Heartfelt pious work, nice, crisp wording. Inspiring as well." -- Gregory Christiano.
"thank you, Chris. Do you have any work here? Please, let me know." -- Dri.
"Dear Dri, Lovely poem, Some people do not know how to forgive, or ask for forgiveness - I also believe that the only person that can forgive us is God. For when Jesus died on the cross, he asked God to, "Forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing". Jesus died for our sins. People are causing sins even now - we can only ask God to forgive them. - Nice strong poem on this subject showing your direct contact with God. - Thanks for sharing." -- Amy, London, UK.


Relationshits by Dri (6)
"It's nice to be a shit with you." -- Brian O Neil.
"This is one of the first chances I've had to comment on anyone's work at this site. I have such a busy scedule I barely have time to submit any of my own work...anyway, I really enjoyed this poem...it is very passionate and so true in its message. I also notesed in your bio, Dri, that you must have suffered some severe calamity to have your heart broken so badly. Hope to review more of your work. Regards, GregoryC" -- Gregory Christiano, Hopatcong, NJ, USA.
"thanks, Brian and Chris from NJ/USA. Yes, I did have my heart broken very badly but I'm in a healing process and hopefully, when I look back, some day, it will be nothing but a nostalgia. So, this is life, we have to keep on going till we find the right someone that really deserves us and stays with us till the end of our days." -- Dri.
"Very nice work Dri. Your work is always so honest, yet so hopeful and full of faith. I always enjoy reading what you have written." -- Steven L. Howard.
"I havn't read much of your lastest stuff so I decided to read this first, of coarse because of the interesting title and because it was such a surprise to me, but writing is about expressing, and if you feel like shit because of an event in your life than right about it. This is writing. This is life." -- Moses Constable.
"thank you Steven and Moses for enjoying this one." -- Dri.


A Different Kind Of Love by Amarjit Bhambra (3)
"A thought for people who get caught in Nature's life circle." -- Amy, London, UK.
"You talk as if you don't. You wouldn't be human if you didn't get caught up with this world and it's vicious cycle. Only the true believers the true preachers of God who are not interested in material things and pray to God morning til night, sleep, breath and eat at God's feet, are the true souls who don't get caught up in this circle. They are the ones who never stopped praying since they left their mother's womb. Who are you and I to tell people who anything when we ourselves are caught up in this World's Circle." -- Truth.
"Dear Truth, I think that there has been a lot of misunderstanding here. I think that you have not really read my poem but just the comment. "Nature's Life Circle" is what my poem is based on. (Natural disasters) It is nothing to do with "World's Circle" My Poem is really for thought on people who's lives are devastated through Natural disasters. You have bought a lot of things in this - "Material things". My poems is not based on this but one should think about it when one does lose everything in these Natural Disasters. This poems is nothing to do with 'Preachers of God or Material things (than again only God knows who his true saints are and he knows each and every one of us) - However, l am not to Judge this. I do hope you once again take time to read the actual poem again. Regards Amy. " -- Amy, Hayes, Middlesex.


Most Beautiful (Rebecca) by David Baker (6)
"OH YOU SO TOTALLY RAWK!!!!! this is one of the most beautiful poems for somebody i have ever read." -- Josh / Axey.
"You already know what i think, haha i think the tears were enough to say i loved it. Thank you :) love ya" -- Rebecca.
"glad u liked it bec :-), u mean sooooooooooooooooooo much to me, and u always will, just wanted u to know that..luv ya:-) ..... and cheers josh for the reply:-)" -- baker.
"so sweet!" -- km.
"��" -- smiley.
"thanx km, and thanx smiley for the review but one question, wat does it mean??" -- baker.


The Wake Of My Desire by Brian C Lebron (4)
"ohhhhh.....it IS beautiful. "She's a messenger of hope in the wake of my desire" - great line. Thanks for sharing, my dear. Keep in touch. Your friend from far lands" -- Dri.
"I thought you might like that,it's people like you that inspire me,your such a good writer,thanx for the positive feedback,Dri" -- Brian L.
"very cool. your work is so original and it comes from the heart. i know that all the artists on this site write from the heart, but your work is mysterious. i like that. how is thr recording going?" -- nick marshburn.
"Hey,thanx Nick I appreciate it.There was a minor set back as far as the recording goes.I ended up having to move yet again.I've been looking for your #,I misplaced it when I moved." -- Brian L.


The Phone Call by Dri (6)
"u're at it again,dri...u just won't stop!great work!" -- kennedy, lagos, nigeria.
"thank you so much, kennedy, I just don't know how to stop and I wonder if I ever want to stop. Glad you enjoyed this one." -- Dri.
"Interesting 'phone call!' Nice premise; original and creative piece of work here, Dri. Warm regards, GregoryC" -- Gregory Christiano.
"Very nice piece totally original.I never knew you were a teacher Dri?That is so cool.Looking forward to reading more.Sincerely," -- Brian L.
"i like this peice. original, i'd ask you to read 'never ending love' by chloe l batey it's a typical love poem." -- JK.
"Dri, this piece is so good. Thankyou for reading my poem 'never ending love', i really appreciated it. I love your poems and i always check to see if you have posted anymore every week-end. You are such a wonderful writer!!!! Thank you for your poems and thankyou for reading mine" -- Chloe L Batey.


Paused In Traffic. by Peter Rivendell (1)
"It's creepy how you made me relive the feeling I had a couple hours ago. But I really enjoy the last line: it leaves a lasting impression on the whole thing. " -- Mandine.


The Carousel by Josh Anderson (2)
"I love Carnival stories and you've given this a perfect touch with the carousel. The imagery is vivid and haunting as well. Very nice job, Josh. Regards, GregoryC" -- Gregory Christiano.
"Thanks greg, but the carnival and carousel are just a metaphor for the real story behind this piece." -- Josh / AxeY.


September by Brian C Lebron (2)
"hello we ant play alots game" -- adil, karachi, pakistan, pakistan.
"game alots play ant we hello." -- Brian L.


The Premise Of Morning by Brian C Lebron (3)
"This one is very good also.Very descriptive and well put together." -- Kathy.
"i dig your style man. where are you from?" -- Nick Marshburn.
"Hey thanks I'm glad you both enjoyed reading it." -- Brian L.


A New Iraq- Repost by E Rocco Caldwell (1)
"Great work! My homepage | Please visit" -- Ben, Japan, Japan, Japan.


..Empty.. by David Baker (7)
"Beautiful but sad Baker :( you know i love ya :) good to see ur stuff back up here" -- Rebecca.
"Great work on the poem. Good to see ur work too. Chin up and good luck :)" -- Josh / Axey.
"thanx bec, u know i luv ya 2:), thanx to josh/axey means a lot.. " -- baker.
"Thats perfectlly ok" -- Josh / AxeY.
"Boy, I love it. Did you repeat "HE LOVED" on purpose?? (See line before the last one). " -- Dri.
"Very good. Feeling lonely is the worst feeling in the world. The funny thing is that almost everyone feels lonely, so your really not alone. Thanks for the tip on my work. I took her advice." -- Nick Marshburn.
"thanx dri for spoting that i changed it lol, n thanx for the feedback nick and yeh loneliness is pretty common wish it wasn't though thanx " -- baker.


You've Got Question's by Josh Anderson (4)
"I LOVE this type of writing: very offbeat to 'normal' styles, but it makes you think. Very good piece. " -- Mandine.
"Thank you :), it is rather different to the normal writing of poetry, its more of a glimpse into my mind. Thanks for the review. Kind Regards, Josh" -- Josh / AxeY.
"You know that i crave those answers too mate, but i think i know that without suffering there can be no compassion, as different as that sounds, maybe? Anyway great poem if only we knew the answers, but if we knew then perhaps we'd turn into gods, after all, all religions are based upon the common belief of humans being able to be an immortal bieng through death or some other way like Jesus etc. Anyway, peace." -- Hugh.
"Mmmhhmmmm, exactly the thing i was stirring up, haha, maybe we would turn into gods, MUHAHA, anyways, thanks for the review :), peace out." -- Josh / AxeY.


You're My Dream by Dri (2)
"Truly a passionate poem..my favorite line..."I feel your scent and hold you in ecstacy..." It is almost a plea during Valentine's day. Do you celebrate a day like that in Brazil? Could be with the Madi Gras that Valentine's day is every day!" -- Gregory Christiano.
"thanks, Greg. Yes, we do celebrate Valentine's on June 12th. " -- Dri.


Yestoday Is Gone by Amarjit Bhambra (6)
"i am moved by the words you use to express your emotions.Keep up the good work!!!" -- Brian L.
"I only just typed this a few seconds ago and you have already read it - thanks your comments. kind regards. " -- Amy , Hayes, Middlesex, England.
"this poem is so upsetting, i can feel your sorrow. theres nothing like having your own family around you. no one can ever compete to your own. family is a important thing to have, the people you want to be around on special occassions, to laugh and have fun with. keep your family close. even the ones who have disappeared can be replaced...but your life long partner should full fill your emptiness (i read your other poems and your comment about your life long partner)" -- Lorraine.
"Hi, Lorraine, Sorry that this poem has upset you. With regards to this poem, l have written it through the eyes of a Tsunami Victim, (a little girl who l read about in the papers) who lost everything and her family tree. It was just as upsetting reading about the Victims - I have also lost my mother and brother in this past three years - I had the most happiest moments in life with them when they were alive -I consider myself very fortunate to have spent these special moments with them as l never worked and was able to spend as must time as l could with them. I always considered my mother and my brother as the next best thing to God. - They would always be dear to my heart. " -- Amy , Hayes, England.
"Hi Amy, I'm sorry I misunderstood your poem. I thought you wrote it about yourself. That is why I said I can feel your sorrow - I thought you were writing about your childhood and how much your life has changed since then. I didnt know it was about a Tsunami Victim. Either way it is very deep" -- Lorraine.
"Hi Lorraine, Thank for the reply. However, you may want to read about poems that l have written about my Dear Mother and Brother whom l have lost a few years ago. These are "dear Brother, Emotion Hurts, Pleasant Dreams, Trish and the Ceramic Dog. - I feel like writing a lot more on both of them, as l had lots of lovely happy times with them, which are just memorys now but l like to share those happy times with other people so maybe they too will realize how important it is to spend time with your parents etc. The above poems are imotional at present. " -- Amy, Hayes, England.


Words Really Can Hurt by Josh Anderson (1)
"I think i know what and who this is about, but then i shouldn't presume, remember mate you are loved. Peace" -- Hugh.


With You (Again) by Josh Anderson (7)
""I'm falling into a deep lovely hole" I think that can be thought of wrong with the topic and all... " -- Sharon.
"HHHMMMMMM.... quite possibly... shiza. OOpsies, well in context it is referring to a hole as in a place that is away form everything... its way down. Like referring to a love that is deep, personal and very lovely i suppose. Maybe i should revise the line though ;), thanks for picking up on that. LOL" -- Josh / AxeY.
"Well sorry Sharon but i think that he meant a different hole mate, a nice peice again, my favourites are the story poems as you know, peace." -- Hugh.
"Mmm, indeed hugh, indeed, very diff hole. LOL, peace out" -- Josh / AxeY.
"I love that it's sexual!!! ROCK ON!!!!" -- Mitch.
"hehehe thanks." -- Josh / AxeY.
"HAHA. i love it. personaly i dont think that you should revise the line "falling into a deep hole" yes, to some it may sound different... but then it would not have such a special meaning.. and the wonderful thing about poetry are the many different meanings that come along with it..." -- Kristal, Yorba Linda, California.


Wishes by Dri Cook (3)
"very good and Postive-its a a good wish to us all for the new year, I like your new tone-keep it up" -- vernon, bedford, tx.
"Well done, Dri! Like the new pic too btw. How do you put pics up there? I might do that..." -- km.
"thanks, km. Glad you enjoyed. To put pictures: send it to the administration. I just left you a note on how to do it. It is under LET GO, ok?" -- Dri.


Why Kill Me? by Josh Anderson (2)
"Again another interesting Poem, Joshua. But still i find it exceedingly to the point, as you are always very literal. Peace" -- Hugh.
"Its wack man lol, its purely WACK. Yet it does get to the point. Peace man" -- Josh / AxeY.


Who Are We -Revise by E Rocco Caldwell (3)
"A couple of days ago I wrote one for my dad. I guess this time of the year makes us a little more sentimental and in truth I like that. It is a nice way to write to the ones who, somehow, made a difference in our lives, sometimes for better, other times for worse, but at the end, I am sure, always giving us the opportunity to become better, to always grow in love and forgiveness. Happy New Year, Rocco. Your pen friend from far lands. " -- Dri.
"Some really nice lines here Rocco. You are so talented. Happy New Year!" -- km.
"my dear, sorry to use your space here. You can delete after you read it. Just to thank you for your comments on my poems. I am glad you're back, rocco, Storymania is not the same as before. So many people are gone, including yourself. Hugs." -- dri.


Where Have The Times Gone? by Patrick Collins (1)
"It seems in today's world, we have lost that innocence of things past, of things you mention. Well crafted verse on a poignant topic, Patrick. Nicely done." -- Gregory Christiano.


When You Wish Upon My Star by Josh Anderson (8)
"Josh, don't you dare :( your not a coward so why run, you better reply to this, I�ve cried enough just worrying about so don�t make it worse. Please :(:(:(" -- Rebecca.
"josh, great poem i loved it, flowed really well, apart from it's greatness, i'd have to agree with bec, no running is needed here, i know i don't know u well but it seems alot of ppl care for u, besides i love your poems and wanna see then coming for years to come. " -- bakes.
"ive talked to you about this bec, and baker, i know, i have had a talk with a certain american lass, and i know ive had sense talked into me." -- Josh / AxeY.
"good to hear :-)" -- bakes.
"this is really great... i'm sorry it took me so long to finally reply to something of yours after all the kind feedback from you. take care of yourself. " -- rae.
"Thank you so much rae, and your work is great too ;). I will try. Kind Regards." -- Josh / AxeY.
"Mate you that i love you, one of my soul friends, i don't give a shit bout the way that sounds cause you know i will always be there for you mate, i always got your back, Peace." -- Hugh.
"Yeah, i know that now, i was just in a tight spot when i wrote this note. Thanks and you know the same goes for you man, im here whenever you need me. Peace out, Kind Regards" -- Josh / AxeY.


Vampiric Mind by Josh Anderson (3)
"Very good and very you Josh, as always a little dark for me but still." -- Hugh.
"Yeah i know O_O thanks for the review :)" -- Josh / AxeY.
"Not bad. Not bad at all. You might enjoy some of my posted work." -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.


Tsunami by Jean Lang (2)
"Amen, Jean, amen! Maybe the good thing out of this is that the angels of our better natures are shown to each other...." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"i felt it!two thumbs up 4 u!!" -- kennedy, lagos, nigeria.


Trying To Forget You by Katie M Beard (6)
"While I appreciate the fact that you want to come on here and share your work with others, I am apalled at this piece. Your piece rhymes but so what. The rhyme scheme is God awful. You have forced rhymes that make this piece sound like a first grader wrote it. Now in saying that if you take the same premise and completely rewrite it using your feelings to describe the lose I'm sure this piece can be much more presentable and effective. The best of luck." -- km.
"pardon me...that should say "loss" not lose. Thanks" -- km.
"Their green honey " -- A .
"you're right A. Sorry, Katie, the rant was about me not you. Keep trying!!!!!" -- km.
"Say my name three times" -- A.
"A...A...A...there! Ya happy now?" -- km.


This One's Just For You by Danielle (2)
"That's very intense. I feel the passion. That's what it's all about. Nicely done..." -- km.
"I couldnt agree with you more KM, excellent job danielle" -- Josh / Axey.


The Tree Of Life by D G Williford (5)
"I like it.......it is sort of different. Happy New Year, DG." -- Dri.
"spooky! good to see something from you Deb. I'm working on something big. Hope to have it up soon. " -- km.
"Hi Deb, in your introduction or preview to poem you wrote Animals ET living did you mean ET AL?" -- Diana Venditti.
"Thanks Dri, km and Di. Yes, I typed one too many l's in et al. Who cares? Thanks for the reviews. I appreciate them very much. Happy New Year to you all and best wishes for 2005. " -- Author.
""Many a night I can hear the tree whine Swaying and yawning with each of its pines" No, no, no DG. This is NOT poetry. Read some classic verse. Study rhyme and word pictures drawn by the best and practice. Just becuase you can put two rhyming phrases down on paper does not a poet make. Move on with serious practice, or keep it to yourself. " -- dee.


The Stopping Point by Danielle (3)
"I loved it, loved the way you used the buttons to explain meanings so far beyond them " -- Rebecca Tantos.
"Wow. The ending to this was a surprise" -- Steven.
"Agree with both Bec and Steven here. I loved this piece also, just loved the way you expressed it. Your work I find amazing." -- Josh / AxeY.


The Sanest Thing On Earth by Dri (5)
"Dri: It is so true and you've put it so well in a comprehensive verse. Love is the bottom line...without it we are dead!" -- Gregory Christiano.
"yes, of course, IT IS the bottom line. Thanks for adding this and thanks also for leaving feedback, Greg." -- Dri.
"This is beautiful, Dri. Its a very optimistic view of love. Although I truly feel that before we can love another in the way you speak of, we have to begin to love ourselves. " -- km.
"right, km, if we don't give birth to ourselves will not be able to love other people in full. Thanks for leaving feedback, my dear. " -- Dri.
"Excellent Dri! I could not have said it better myself." -- Nick Marshburn.


The Passing by Brian C Lebron (5)
"I loved this...one thing drop the rising up (just say rising) because rising is going up!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"good call,i corrected it.appreciate the info,thanx" -- Brian C Lebron.
"this was wonderfully written...I loved the wording, style, everything. I'm going to try and read more of your worK :)" -- km.
"Wow, i love love your work. This is excellent, keep writing. :)" -- Josh / Axey.
"Thanx,i'm glad you all enjoyed reading this" -- Brian L.


The Lost Years by Jeff William Milburn (1)
"All the background noise seemed to fade out of my attention when I read this. the repetition of the last two lines is a powerful way to deliver the emotion. I wish I could read more of your stuff. " -- Mandine.


The Lonely Lighthouse by Gregory J Christiano (3)
"I love it. Great job. I have always been fascinated and have lighthouses paintings all over here at home. Actually, I have one right in front of me. Its meaning goes beyond its looks. I think that people, especially Christian people, should always be like lighthouses, we were born to be light, to testemony God's love for us. Thanks for sharing. Great contribution." -- Dri Cook.
"Eceptional imagery!" -- mattie.
""Exceptional" Don't you just hate typo's?" -- mattie.


The Immortal Seed by Patrick Collins (6)
"It was a good idea to use a flowwer to show the power of love and the human spirit" -- Steven.
"Hey, Collins! Though I'm no expert at poetry (something I intend to rectify) I can tell you that this flowed exceptionally well. I'm actually a little surprised to know that you write poetry. Also, have you written any new stories in the Smith & Ronalds series? Take care." -- Michael Harris, Detroit, MI.
"Well, thanks you both for your kind responses. As for you Michael, I have not had much time to finish my next BPD/Smith & Ronalds volume. I haven't really touched it for a while, but I hope to finish is soon. I am currently working on many film scripts, and yes I am a bit of a fan of poetry, I have two other poems on this site, as a matter of fact. Thanks for your support!" -- Patrick Collins.
"I agree with Steven, I really liked the metaphor here. Great work and hope to see more of you stuff on here soon :) thanks heaps for the review as well" -- Rebecca.
"You are very welcome Rebecca! And you will be seeing alot more of me, I can assure you. Thanks again for your help!" -- Patrick Collins.
"i third that note, i loved the metaphor used, very well written flowed nicely, congrats on a great piece(clap clap) ...:-)" -- david baker.


The Beasts by Josh Anderson (1)
"I love it !!!!!!! Another great story poem." -- Hugh.


Tear Of Acid by David Baker (7)
"it is nice but I would remove the last comma. No need for it. Should be like this: "HOW LONELY I FEEL WITHOUT YOU". OK?" -- Dri.
"very depressing and sad...I like it! " -- km.
"This poem is a perfect example of what can happen if two lovers misuse a chemistry set: acidic heartbreak " -- Steven.
"Yup, heartbreak SUCKS HAIRY LLAMA BALLS. Sorry, great poem, well expressed, i could feel the colness form that tear. Nice comment steven ;)" -- Josh / Axey.
"Great poem, depressing just the way i like them, but not from others, cheer up :(" -- Rebecca.
"thanx dri i fixed it, thanx km, thanx steve great comment:-), thanx j/a and thanx bec glad u liked it :-)" -- bakes.
"hey,this kicks ass,dude" -- Brian C Lebron.


Sweet Nostalgia by Dri (3)
"hi Dri! this is a nice one. I rarely surf the internet lately. i've been too busy with my studies. you'll hear from me again soon" -- Akira NJ.
"hey, girl, glad you are back. Thanks for the review. " -- Dri.
"I like the Last verse, He calls me to go,I will gladly say yes, for I know it will be my chance, to see you again. I cry everday because I lost my man and that is how I feel, he loved me very much, eversince his passing everyday I cry. You struck a chord in me. I hope to believe that I can see all my loved ones who passed, especially my husband who I miss a bunch. " -- Anna Estronza.


Star Of My Morning by Steven L Howard (4)
"that's beautiful. Really, I love it Steve, simple but says everything a wife wanna hear." -- Dri.
"sweet" -- km.
"Thats so sweet and beautiful steven." -- Josh / Axey.
"Thank you everyone for your read and your comments. Yes, my lovely lady liked it also :)" -- Steven L. Howard.


Smoke Lover by D G Williford (1)
"?????? Either you are nuts or I'm too dumb to appreciate your creativeness." -- Richard.


Should I Look Within by E Rocco Caldwell (4)
"Hi Rocco a very touching poem and soul searching.good on you D" -- Diana Venditti.
"Beautiful" -- Rebecca.
"LOVE THIS! What a beautiful picture!! One suggestion...the last line. Maybe change to "only internal can we ever be free" or something like that so that it flows better. " -- KM.
"there is no doubt: freedom does come from within. We have to give birth to ourselves first in order to be truly free." -- Dri.


Seuss And Sex by Kellie Barqs (6)
"Very clever. I find this poem to be very, very funny. Sucks for Jeff. Oh... and don't let me forget Ted." -- Nick Marshburn.
"You had me crying from laughter the whole way through! This was a scream, well pieced together, and HAHA to Jeff and Ted, S.O.B's. Keep it up, excellent work :)" -- Josh / Axey.
"I AM LAUGHING OUT LOUD! THIS IS AWESOME!!! YOU GO GIRL!" -- KM.
"Dr. Seuss would blush....LOL to cute :)" -- mattie.
"GREAT, GREAT POETRY. Dr, S would be proud of you, I think you have given all the Georgie Porgies who kissed the girls and they ran away (Present company excepted) a very understandable message?? " -- George C, Upland, CA, USA.
"I think the line which reads," I would not like to have sex on a goat " should be followed by the line.."But boy I give really good deep throat"..You sem to ignore that to[pic alltogether.." -- Colin baker.


Selbstmord Selbm�rderisch by Josh Anderson (4)
"loved the poem, i've had a couple of close one's wanting to "leave" so i know how it feels. was first of your poems i read but i was impressed i'll end up reading the rest sooner then later..... btw thanx for the reviews." -- baker.
"Thank you :), that means a lot to me, and same to u, your work is great. Yeah its sad when people you know are like this." -- Josh / AxeY.
"Excellent stream of consciousness style, very powerful in content and form. Nice job Josh" -- Gregory Christiano.
"Thank you very much " -- Josh / AxeY.


Searching For Water by Josh Anderson (2)
"Great as always Josh, meanings in simple forms, as always keep writing." -- Hugh.
"Thanks :), same to u!" -- Josh / AxeY.


Reverie Ecstasy by Josh Anderson (2)
"Ah, my favourite, i like the name, wink wink, do more as always." -- Hugh.
"Thanks, yeah, for those who may read, hugh helped me with then name." -- Josh / AxeY.


Pleasant Dreams by Amarjit Bhambra (1)
"a very touching poem..i can figure out what u must be going through to have lost a very dear brother..May God give you the strength to cope up with such a great loss!" -- hazeleyez.


Night Club by Josh Anderson (4)
"I like the premise. I think it flows well, but you have some typos you may want to correct. Such as some of the "you"s in the first stanza should read "your". Keep up the good work!" -- km.
"Thank you, and finally someone has picked up on my shody typo's (they're every where), thank's and ill get on top of it soon. Kind Regards -" -- Josh / AxeY.
"Nice work. Again, good imagery because I knew it was a techno club before you mentioned the word in your poem. I love music, but I hate techno. There goes km again, always making grammar corrections." -- Nick Marshburn.
"Thanks, but TECHNO ROKS MY WORLD BABY, YEAH! lol, i love techno. Anyway thaks for the review ;)" -- Josh / AxeY.


Necropolis by Josh Anderson (4)
"GREAT" -- Hugh.
"Hah, thanks :)" -- Josh / AxeY.
"Maybe I haven't read enough of your stuff yet, but it seems like you might be stuck in a rut. The title is not very original, and your story has the same tone and similar elements to "Feel." Maybe try expanding your horizons?" -- Schmoopy, Boston, MA, USA.
"My life is a rut, lol. Yes i do agree, however, i dont write to make millions, i write to get the shit out of my head, and as a consequence, much of the theming is the same. I appologise, but thats how it is, sorry. I try, i do write some love stories so thanks :)" -- Josh / AxeY.


My Soul Keeps Living The Life I Never Had by Whitney Sarah Rogers (1)
"As a nurse for many years now I have seen death all to often...and for most it is a blessing for those who are ready. It is comforting to believe that we leave this world when our time or the time of our loved ones comes, a better place awaiting us :)" -- mattie.


My Gratitude by Dri Cook (7)
":) Beautiful. :)" -- Steven L. Howard.
"This is the best way to say "thank you" to the Lord almighty I've ever seen so far...HE rules the world and our lives...let's praise HIM and show HIM such GRATITUDE." -- roberto, berkeley, California, USA.
"thank you both, Steven and Roberto (my dear friend from Brazil, now living in CA, USA). " -- Dri.
"very insiteful- i can see you are growing and healing- keep up the good work. Keeping blessing us with your words" -- vernon holder, bedford, tx, USA.
"nicely done...as always" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"thank you all of you again, now, including vernon and rocco. " -- Dri.
"A worty prayer that fits us all." -- Brian O Neil.


Mind Rot by Josh Anderson (1)
"Nice writing. Have you thought of writing something more upbeat?" -- Booth.


Melodramatic Idiocy by Josh Anderson (4)
"Don't be sorry, it wasn't selfish you weren't thinking right. I understand, you forget I have been there before many a time. Great poem as well but don�t be so hard on yourself :):)" -- Rebecca.
"I'll be sorry all i want :P. And i incured such a harsh crack across the cranium. Thank you for the review, thank you very much :)" -- Josh / AxeY.
"So u should be sorry that was a terrible poem and u can't write! y do u bother" -- 0 clayborne 0.
"right..." -- Josh / AxeY.


Lost Again by Josh Anderson (2)
"so good...yet so sad" -- jerry.
"Thanks" -- Josh / AxeY.


Looking Beyond by Dawn Bates (1)
"What happened to the interior of you, is that damaged?" -- Anon, London, England.


Little Bopeep by Diana Venditti (9)
"HAHA, lol, this reminds me of a problem a friend of mine faces right now. Funny, very funny... oh well, good job!" -- Josh / Axey.
"Hi Josh, just a giggle, I am so tired of reading doom and gloom" -- Diana Venditti.
"Better her, than the sheep!" -- Brian O Neil.
"Hi Brion, HA! Ha! " -- Diana Venditti.
"this is wonderful...you style has improved so much, Diana. There's a real flow in this pip!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"that was so cute and a fun read" -- km.
"Thank you Rocco and KM , Just a bit of fun." -- Diana Venditti.
"Hehe had me laughing too, nice contrast to other works on the site (haha like my horrible stuff) :):)" -- Rebecca.
"so cool!!" -- Chloe .


Lincoln Past by Gregory J Christiano (1)
"a fine tribute to a great man. " -- Dri.


Last Kiss by Josh Anderson (8)
"Beautiful, although sad I loved it (that probably sounds silly because I always love sad things, but not when they are quite like this...bit to upsetting when a friend writes this way) anyways great poem " -- Rebecca.
"Nah, its not silly, i know sorta what u mean. Sorry about the subject matter and thanks for the review, it is much appreciated." -- Josh / AxeY.
"Excellent! This is now my favorite poem on this site. Absolutely beautiful! Well thought out, excellent imagery, and the words flow very well. Good work Josh." -- Nick Marshburn.
"thanks so much nick." -- Josh / AxeY.
"so beautiful. such powerful words. i loved it , it was absoulutely sublime , and i agree really well thought out.Amazing the different feelings the single emotion of love can bring out in us. well done josh , well done!" -- mik.
"Thank you so very much, that really means a lot to me :)" -- Josh / AxeY.
"I like the way the poem is very descriptive except for the 'fruit' references.I felt you could have found other ways to describe 'the kiss' besides comparing it to strawberries and blueberries.But thats just me.I also don't understand 'my soul escapes wrist.' Please explain.But don't get me wrong I liked the poem but there where a few things I would've done different.I also felt the piece was romantic and somewhat sad at the end considering it was about a final kiss." -- David D.
"I kinda agree with the overuse of the fruit... I could have found a better way to describe the lips, eyes and kiss. However I wanted to emphasise the sweetness... So I found no other way then using the cliche' "honey" or what not. "as my soul escapes wrist" the writer, the person in the poem was... put quite simply, going to kill himself after that final kiss. Sad I know. But what I wanted to focus on was the powers of emotion to emphasise the piece. Thanks a lot David :)" -- Josh / AxeY.


Just Dri by Dri (4)
"welcome Dri (dree) i like thee and your poems extremely" -- vernon , bedford , tx, USA.
"Be proud of yourself. You just took another important step in order to achieve your goals. Don't stop writing...we need your poems...they bring us some light to our lives. " -- roberto, berkeley, California, USA.
"With hopes that you find your dreams come true...and your wings will soar you high above the broken heart. The soul is who we are but rare that people glimpse there to see :)" -- mattie.
"thank you all, including Brion, a wondeful friend I have here. Thank you also to the administration here, for all the support." -- Dri.


Irina's Poem by Josh Anderson (2)
"Sweet" -- Steven.
"Thanks very much steven :)" -- Josh / AxeY.


In The Still Of The Night by Dri (6)
"this is really good Dri. It flows well and has a nice message. What it would be like to be at peace like that...." -- km.
"it's heaven, believe me. Thanks km, it's always nice to hear from you." -- Dri.
"Fantastic Dri! This is so peaceful and hopeful. The reader can feel the healing in the words in this poem. Very nice!" -- Steven L. Howard.
"very nice Dri. I live by the belief that the best come to those who wait." -- Nick Marshburn.
"So glad you enjoyed this piece. Thanks for leaving feedback." -- Dri.
"a nice "calming", anticipatory piece...very refreshing!" -- Brian O Neil.


In My Dreams, Wildest by Josh Anderson (2)
"Beautiful" -- Rebecca.
"*blushing* Ha, thank you once agin, my deepest gratitude :)" -- Josh / AxeY.


I Am Not Alive, Nor Am I Dead by Whitney Sarah Rogers (1)
"Wow, very powerful, emotive, and i liked the rhyme, sad but relatable. Nice work, keep it up :)" -- Josh / AxeY.


Husbands&Wives by Dri Cook (6)
"where is this wife. i have been looking for her. But maybe i have been too busy. This is about wifes-when are you going to write about husbands. Keep up the good work " -- vernon, bedford tx, tx, USA.
"ahaha! Well, look around, she might only a heart beat from you. Ok, will think about writing another one especially for husbands, ok? Thanks again for reading my work, my dear." -- Dri.
"Sorry Vernon, I already got her :) Very nice Dri, very nice." -- Steven L. Howard.
"hey, thanks Steven :-)" -- Dri.
"my wonderful emily Dickerson...Dri, you can relay such poigant things in words so well! This was a joy to read." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"it's my pleasure to share my work with you, rocco. Thank you so much." -- Dri.


Hurt You... by Josh Anderson (2)
"I don't understand how this is love poetry, could you explain how it is. It starts off actually quite mean saying no one cared about her/him. Still a good effort though just confusing for me " -- Steven.
"Nah, ur right, ok: The person is the one that says that nobody should be caring for them, this is sort of a twisted love poem, the person doesnt think they are worthy of life or love, and the lover is exclaiming how they think the person is feeling. Then towards the end, the lover is saying how they will be there and one day they could love the person. Thats what its all about. :) Thanks for the review" -- Josh / AxeY.


How Come? by Josh Anderson (2)
"I think D is right about that love bug, again beautiful, nice change from the sad ones, good to see you a bit happier :)" -- Rebecca.
"thank you :), truly with all of my heart." -- Josh / AxeY.


Hidden Looks by Amarjit Bhambra (2)
"nice words keep writing" -- maria, Algeria, algeria, algeria.
"Maria, thanks for the encouragment and your kind comment." -- Amy , Hayes, England.


Heroes by Dri Cook (2)
"Hello Dri. Very beautifully done. Very thoughtful and reflective. Also very true. Beautiful." -- Steven L. Howard.
"...and even the ones on Wheaties boxes. " -- Brian O Neil.


Her Piano by Josh Anderson (2)
"very nice." -- Dri.
"Thank you :)" -- Josh / AxeY.


Her Journey by Dri Cook (1)
"Good Good i like You say a lot in few words" -- vernon holder, bedford, tx, USA.


Haiku From Home... by Bradley Grimes (4)
"i'm confused...this isn't a haiku" -- km.
"Im also rather confused, as this isnt a haiku, also, maybe you shouldnt put your work down before it is read and reviewed, you description of this piece isnt very inviting." -- Josh / Axey.
"bradley bradley he's my boo bradley bradley i love you! i think i should be a writer too." -- shaina.
"I don't even know what a haiku is anyway Bradley. I think your poem is pretty clever. If a review is what you wanted, what better way then to just ask. It sounds like km and Josh are poetry snobs." -- Nick Marshburn.


Gravestone by Dri (2)
"My sweet Emily....your style is like the hair of an angel..." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"that's sweet, rocco. Thank you!" -- Dri.


Funk by Isabell M Vallejo (1)
"I liked it, nice metaphors :)" -- Rebecca.


Feel by Josh Anderson (2)
"I loved it! I'm not really a poetry person, but your story was absolutely chilling!" -- Schmoopy, Boston, MA, USA.
"Thank you a bunch :)" -- Josh / AxeY.


Faith In Pain by Nash (5)
"Powerful, to the punch, litany of a poem with non-religious zeal! Repetition of the phrase 'Crucify' is what carries the flow along. Worry about proper spelling later - more important to get the emotion to the surface as you have done!" -- Gregory Christiano.
"wow!!!!!!" -- Dri.
"It works! I can tell you like Korn...lol!" -- km.
"Thank you all for the reviews, and yes I do like korn lol." -- author.
"This is really POWERFUL!!!!" -- Mitch.


Ever Felt Alone by Veronica H (9)
"Just wonderful R" -- Brett.
"Thank you for publishing this piece Veronica, your writing substance is that of some truth, and i thank you for publishing this. Beautiful, rational mind structure, yet written in a way that makes you see the thought behind it. Well done" -- Josh / Axey.
""The Rose among the Thorns" would also be a nice title for it. Good one, similar to - Live, Just Live - that I wrote a couple of months ago. Mine is more emotional and yours, more rational as Josh said so well. Good one. Yeah, we all are worth every breath!!" -- Dri.
"Thank You for all your comments. i Learned this lesson the hard way. and i'm glad that You all enjoyed reading the poem." -- Veronica.
"Your the star in my night " -- Brett .
"Did you lose a fab love but get the fat love" -- hehehehe.
"haha im sure that was very amusing to you. and only you. thank you Brett and Dri." -- Veronica.
"It reminds me of one of my past loves." -- Rachel.
"Then why are you laughing" -- hehehehe.


Dust by Josh Anderson (2)
"i like the message josh but to be honest its a little wordy and awkward. Might want to change somethings around, maybe get rid of some of the cliches. Just a thought." -- km.
"Mmmm, ur kinda right, well ill have a look at it, and see what i can do. Thanks for the advice :)" -- Josh / AxeY.


Don't Steal What's Mine by Dri (5)
"Well said, Dri, and freedom is that all-important topic that we all cherish. Well said!" -- Gregory Christiano.
"Powerfull in so many ways. Let the individual rule!" -- ryan severud.
"Flows so well together. I don't usually like poems with ryme schemes unless it really works and this you did. Good work." -- Moses.
"Hehehe, sorry about the ryme scheme thing, I don't know where my head was at. This I really enjoyed this poem and it's always a pleasure to read and review your work. The message is good here and one that everyone should hear. Thanks Dri" -- Moses.
"no need to be sorry, Moses. I'm not into rhymes but this time they just came out so well that I could not resist. Thanks for leaving feedback, my dear. Glad you're back." -- Dri.


Delerium by Josh Anderson (9)
"Good poem Josh but i dont agree, i wrote a poem called "delirium; my take" with my opinion. Again good work :):) " -- Rebecca.
"This is easily the best f**kin piece you have written yet Josh by leagues, couldn't agree more, i don't know how they can raise their heads each morning and show their face to society, they are the scum on my shoe, nay they are the scum on the scum of my shoe, as said afore the best piece you have ever written, sorry to dissagree Bec, but i won't go on, you know what i'm like about honour, Respect!!!!" -- Hugh Michaelson.
"Nice, i can t wait to hear your view point,and thanks hugh... idont know about best, but i got some news and i hate to let the rage outta the cage! " -- Josh / AxeY.
"great poem josh but i'd have to agree with bec, i don't really agree on ur opinion, after all u don't know how they ended up where they are, so don't judge pppl u ain't know, i know a handful, dealers and buyers some which aren't here any more, but none the less nicest blokes you'll ever meet, but they were 'well' u could say forced into it due to circumstances and hugh they aren't scum, it's a problem yes, but they are not scum, in my opinion by saying something like that without even knowing the person, u are an even lower form of life, i'm not tring to be mean or anything this is just my opinion, either way great poem i just don't like the point of view." -- bakes.
"No, thats fair enough, you are right. Well, thanks for the review." -- Josh / AxeY.
"As a NYC Corrections Officer no one knows drug dealers better than me.Some dealers are the scum of the world they sell to little kids and they kill over a piece of turf.But other dealers have no choice, like the dealers that come from other countries.In their country they have nothing and no way to feed their familes.So they hear about the easy money in America and they figure what have I got to lose.If your family is starving then sometimes one is forced to enter the darkside of the law." -- David Daniels.
"All in all, I liked your poem, Josh" -- David D.
"Hey, thanks for all the input in the review, and you're right, some don't have a choice. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read and review my work :)" -- Josh / AxeY.
"For an 18 year, and to get the message across to youngester through poetry it great.Josh l was very sadden and wrote a poem on Nguyen who was excuted in Singapore over getting caught whilst carrying drugs. It is good to get the message to youngesters as they are unaware of the consequences when caught in other Countries which carry death sentences. People should be made aware of this also. " -- Amy, London, UK.


Click by Josh Anderson (2)
"Interesting style...its depressing. I like that for some reason lol" -- km.
"I'll say its depressing.... lol, thank you for the great review :)" -- Josh / AxeY.


Blue Moon, Why Do You Still Feel So Blue? by Dri (2)
""Amazing!!!! Somehow I see myself in the middle of those such beautiful lines"" -- roberto, berkeley, California, USA.
"thanks, Roberto. Yes, somehow we always read something familiar that we can relate to. Obrigada, meu querido." -- Dri.


Babylon by Brian C Lebron (4)
"You write such an interesting variety of work,very entertaining." -- Kathy.
"Thank you much for your review.I'm glad you enjoyed reading it." -- Brian L.
"Yeah mate it was different, but good. " -- Hugh.
"Hey,thanx for the positive feedback,Hugh." -- Brian L.


Awake by Brian C Lebron (3)
"Well expressed with vivid imagery and metaphors." -- Gregory Christiano.
"WOW, I loved this. I dont say that much about the poems on here. This is fresh and original and free style (MY VERY FAVORITE). I look forward to reading more of your work." -- km.
"thank you both for the good reviews and for taking the time to read it." -- Brian L.


Attempted Life by Buxton (5)
"Very nicely done!!!" -- km.
"Wow, nicely done, unfortunately that hits home for me as i have been like that man, but, liven up i try and it works, just aslong as someone is trying for u, u cant leave. Very ncely impactingly written." -- Josh / Axey.
"Thanks for the review's ..... Im sorry to hear that you were close to this same situation, as i have luckily never experianced such events...and am not really planning on doing so. But im glad you appreciate my work, and believe me when I say that no-one loves life more than me...X" -- buxton.
"wow so powerful. I know exactly how he feels, the sense of dispair, feeling so lost you don't know what do or where to turn. It all comes across in the words. x" -- kali, abdn.
"Thanks for your kind words, hope this feeling that we sometimes get is not winning!!" -- Buxton.


Apparitions by Brian C Lebron (2)
"Very nice job!" -- Kathy.
"Thank you A.K.A.(ha ha)Kathy" -- Brian L.


Angry Waves by Amarjit Bhambra (4)
"A devastating tragedy which you have captured so perfectly with your verse. (I understand that 45,000 children in Indonesia alone perished in the waves). How can humanity ever recover from such a catastrophe is beyond words. I can feel your anguish and pain and we suffer together in such a cruel reality. Blessings and warmest regards, GregoryC" -- Gregory Christiano.
"The title drew me in, but your words touched my heart. No one in our life time will ever forget that day. Makes me reflect back to Sept 11 and how many lives were taken; that was so devastating, but it was also controllable. This was something that no one could have stopped. Its such a frightening feeling and you've painted that feeling perfectly in this poem. Best wishes... " -- km.
"Dear Gregory, thanks for reading,It frightening and its true and its happening - and yet sitting miles and miles away it all seems all so unreal." -- Amy, Hayes, UK.
"Dear Km, Thanks for taking time to read, Even though it is frightening there is also always fear in my heart especially when the world watched helplessly on Sept 11. - yet we have to carry on - incidents like these will alway leave a scar in our hearts." -- Amy, Hayes, Middlesex.


A Death In The City by Gregory J Christiano (2)
"glad to know you are a Christian, raised Catholic. We are nothing if it weren't for HIM, always holding our hands and giving us guidance, especially when the world seems to fall over our heads. Nice poem but very sad." -- Dri.
"Nice poem." -- Michelle.


There are 84 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.