www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Withdrawn by J Shartzer (3)
"Josh, I like this. I miss you too!" -- Lelia.
"Thats sweet, but sad, i like it, keep it up!" -- Josh / Axey.
"your poetry is amazing" -- Sarah.


Just Because We Met by Dri Cook (3)
" Had a lot of heart in it! YOU DO GOOD WORK! " -- K. POFFENBERGER.
"thank you, K." -- Dri.
"Nice site! My homepage | Please visit" -- Monica, Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine.


Simply Woman by Dri Cook (5)
"The best word you used was faith. No matter what life deals us, and no matter how many attacks we get from Satin we have our faith and the knowledge that we are children of God and he will never fail us...because he made us this way. You said it so well. " -- Brian O Neil.
"thank you, my dear." -- Dri.
"VERY GOOD WORK, YOU HAVE ALOT OF TALENT AND A GOOD HEART I CAN SEE IT IN WHAT YOU WRITE." -- K. POFFENBERGER, USA.
"I'm just blown away that you do such a fantastic job of delivering the image, the intended message. Particularly so considering that you are working in a language that you were not born to. Your work is affirmation that poetry is a basic 'reduction' of the 'issue concept' to it's most basic common denominator. Poetry is sincerity! You are very successful at delivering what you intended. It's your sincerity thats doing it. You are a satisfying read and I think that one of the reasons that I enjoy you is that little extra discovery effort that I have to put into it. Joe" -- Joe Stover, Wrangell, Alaska, USA.
"I'm flattered and much more than that, so glad to know that my work has been reaching out hearts that are so very apart from me in miles but so close in feelings......thank you all." -- Dri.


You Don't Care Who You Hurt by Randy Johnson (2)
"not bad, although it is rather simplistic. people who hurt other people may also have their demons, i.e. it's never so one sided. you've choosen a very complex subject for a poem and you need to think about it a little harder, put your emotions away and then try re-writing it. the last line, more money doesn't make you better than me, is bad since you express a view, but do not say why it is true." -- sunny, dc, usa.
"Why don't you deal with your own demons Sunny and leave the writers on this site alone. Don't change a thing Randy. The last line is fine. There is no need to explain it." -- Jay.


With You by August Nyghts (2)
"WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!! PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME." -- jk.
"August, my long lost friend. By chance I revisited this site. At first I smiled that you found happiness... but then I worry as jk seems to be looking for you too. Your friends are worried, I hope you are well. Love and Miss!" -- Tessa.


Why Do I Go Through With It by Jay Little (3)
"i recognise these feelings. be strong and if you need to talk,try talking to a stranger - me. Louisa" -- Louisa duncan, Aberdeen , scotland.
"I have been there, plus some. If you need support or a listening ear or some [email protected] I have an amazing story." -- Brian O Neil.
"im goin through the same thing thats how im feeling thats why i started writting poetry it is a good way to express your feelings.you should read some of my poetry it might help you a little bit its under LINDSAY CURTIS and if you ever need to talk my email adress is [email protected] feel free to email me at anytime.by the way great poem keep up the good work!" -- lindsay.


When You Walked Away by Kennedy O Obohwemu (2)
"On first look at the poem it seems as if its very simple.But on a second reading i realised that how beautifully the poet has unfold his feelings of pain and despair.It really touch my soul.The poet is very straight in his writing skill,hasnt used any difficult or flowery words to confuse his reader.In plain and simple language the soul of the poet is unfolded.Its a great pleasure to get a chance to read such a piece of literature.I wish that the poet keep on writing such beautiful pieces.Best of luck.Thank you." -- sayantani mitra, kolkata, india.
"this is a beautiful poem which have the younger reader in mind, simple words and phrases inculcating everyday happenings into poetry is always a welcome just like this writer has done. please continue this goodwork and all the best in your pursuit." -- Emina Tunika Celestine, london, dagenham essex, uk.


Two Little Fish by Dri Cook (1)
"I have read your stuff and you are a very good poet. You're all about pooring your feelings out on paper, a true poet. I have posted some of my poetry on this site and I would appreciate it if you reviewed them and told me what you think." -- Moses M. Constable.


The Model by Harvey Kennett (1)
"I know there is a point to this poem, but it just gets lost in the anarcy alien sci-fi world you created. But I'm sure all your buddies at the next Star Trek convention will enjoy listedning to this poem while feasting on chocolate draindrops, the offical candy of disgruntled oompa loomppas and Trekkies" -- Steven.


The Forever Fire by Jay Little (3)
"Well, now that you know him, use him. He will never forsake you!" -- Brian O Neil.
"VERY GOOD POEM ;AND I CAN SEE IT CAME FROM THE HEART;KEEP LEARNING AND NEVER GIVE UP YOUR FAITH." -- K.POFFENBERGER, USA.
"Wow...thats cool, keep it up. " -- anicegirl.


The Creature Within by Lucy Midnight (1)
"we all do, lucy, each one of us every day and every night. it's easier to do when you let someone else help" -- dw, ryzanna, VA.


The Bus-Stop From Hell, If Not Deeper? by Buxton (2)
"Oh man! How i hate waiting for bus! it feels like shit. You really wrote that feeling here" -- Akira NJ.
"Just thought i'd check out your work since you did for mine, I like this especially as you can relate, I know the feeling as I often leave for the bus wearing not much other than a fleece/jumper or some sort :p This poem sort of reminds me of A poem by Adrian Mole, albeit a lot better. " -- Dave Sutton.


Thank You by Francesca Carrillo (1)
"I think it is very sweet... And I want to thank you for giving me such a touching poem. Happy Aniversary!!!" -- Dexter.


Slit Wrist by Lindsay Curtis (2)
"Your insane " -- blow me.
"Just ignore that idiot Lindsay...I like your work. Its a little twisted but I think thats why I like it. I've been around a long time. Check out some of my work under KM. See ya around..." -- km.


Shattered Dreams by Inchara (1)
"Thoughtful, well written poem" -- Duke.


Of Dreams And Memories by Ashley Burdett (1)
"Good mental pictures, and good love emotions...a nice piece.An excellent use of conflicting definitions too. different colored ink is another way I can suggest for distinction. But the way you have it here at Storymania is better than initials and probably is the best option." -- Brian O Neil.


No-Body Can Change Your Life But You !!! by Louisa Duncan (1)
"THAT'S ABOUT THE WAY IT IS, WE CALL IT BLOWING OFF A LITTLE STEAM IN THE US GOOD POEM" -- K POFFENBERGER, USA.


Morning Star by Dri Cook (4)
"A wonderful aspiration expressed beautifully! " -- RAM, usa.
"thanks, RAM! " -- Dri.
"Real romantic and "steamy". It makes me want to light up a cigarette after quitting for seven years, after those vivid descriptions!" -- Brian O Neil.
""thanks, dear, but I truly hope you don't light up your cigarette now that you got rid of it. I also hope this stays and that I won't be wiped out again from here." -- Dri. " -- Dri.


Mama's Pocketbook by Seleta V Johnson (1)
"I love your poem and your memories still live in our hearts. We'll cherish your memories forever!!! " -- Emily, TN, USA.


Loveless Marriage by Randy Johnson (2)
"HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Loved it!" -- KM.
"Touche! Sounds like something i might write. dw" -- dw, ryzanna, VA.


Little Dog Walking by Seleta V Johnson (4)
"cute! I like it...I guess because I love dogs!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"I make Rocco's my words, but I also think it's sad...yeah, perhaps because I am crazy about dogs. " -- Dri.
"This is also one of my grandmother's poems...I miss her very much and I want to guess that she's still writing poems up in Heaven to this day! God bless you, Grandma!!" -- Emily, TN, USA.
"I like this one a Hell of lot, this is great I like dogs and cats will I like animals," -- J H.


Late?... by Susan Rippe (4)
"Absolutely right! It's never too late!!" -- RAM, USA.
"Hi my dear talented friend !!! I value your comment . So, please read my six Short Stories in this website by searching my name � Partha Pratim Majumder and send your feedback. Kindly remember that it is Y O U , for whom my pen walks thoughtfully. My E-Mail is : [email protected] / [email protected] " -- Partha Pratim Majumder, Kolkata, India.
"Revision: Susan Rippe Too� Late?� Too� late to cry, and too� late to try?, You hid, you ran, temptations took over. life was over before it began, drawn to evil. Is it too� late to come back in? Taking life for granted, pulling toward the blackness. Lucifer called you his son, taking his hand, You followed his hollow empty soul. Too� late to come back in? Lucifer�s� darkness hovered over you, Like a cloud threatening to rain on a sunny day. You see a light, and God extends his hand, drawing you into the brightness, you turn away. Blind. taking the path, the one most traveled. The one most easy, one with no morals, no responsibilities, and no love. Walking alone, down that barren path, the one full of lies, evil, and deceit. Destin to wallow in fear, terror and destruction. Lucifer, Satan, the Devil, Luring you, enticing you, false hope and Promises. Too� late to come back in? If only you would have taken a moment, just one moment, to peer behind you, He is not hard to see, Not hard to find. You would have seen, seen the light hands extended, ready to hold you. You would have found Him there. He is always there, just beyond the darkness, waiting to fill you. With love, to free your soul, from the evil. It is never too� late to come back in. " -- Susan Rippe, Kissimmee, Fl, USA.
"I think it's good just the way it is, good work." -- k. poffenberger.


In Memory Of Burley Johnson by Randy Johnson (4)
"rhyming poetry...ugh! your "poem" reminds me of the prayers we had to sing/rhyme at morning assembly at my jesuit school. the poem invokes no picture in my head of your grandpa, but it does of you as a pretentious man." -- sunny, dc, usa.
"This jerk has nothing sacred. All I am doing is following his steps ( he hangs out on "New Titles") and has made himself the "Mania critic". He annihilated me twice, because I'm on the new titles list. I would complain to Admin. if I were you.He needs to be stopped. btw-great tribute!" -- Brian.
"Sunny is obviosly a miserable person just trying to spred misery around and never has anything constructive to say. I wouldn't pay any attention to Sunny's ramblings. " -- Jay.
"To Sunny, dc: Goto hell!!!" -- Randy Johnson.


I Wanna by Lindsay Curtis (1)
"Lindsay I enjoyed this however you could probably rework it just to get your rhyme and meter down a little better. Nice work...I'm enjoying it" -- km.


Hoping by J Shartzer (1)
"So I see that you do have a talent for poetry...nice work indeed. Hoping to see more from you. BB" -- Aryka, Ky.


Hand-In-Hand by Rae (1)
"wow rae...that is so moving. I loved it!!!!! " -- KM.


Eternal Diary by Harvey Kennett (3)
"nice work harvey, sucks about being set in stone though - damn, i have so many things i'd like to change, any idea?" -- Just A Guy.
"Hi I can not find coordinates for a feedback." -- David, New York, ME, united states.
"Thank you! My homepage | Please visit" -- Paula, Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine.


Emotion by P J Francis (3)
"at first i thought your poem was good, but after reading it a couple of times, it seemed not as tight woven. in particular the line, left alone without a doubt, does not fit in at all. i sense you are talking about emotions and i can vaguely picture a person sitting up all night thinking about something, but the pictures or emotions in my head are not clear. the poem is a muddle." -- sunny, dc, usa.
"Don't pat attention to this Sunny guy. He hangs out at New Titles (nothing else to do) and has made himself the "appointed critic", when all that he writes, is third world drivel. He hasn't posted anything new this year (hope he has permanent writer's block). He will be dealt with!" -- Brian.
"I have seen sunnys postings to a number of stories. He seems bent on putting other peoples work down. Brian, it is good to see someone else pointing this out! As for your poem PJ,I personally like it a lot - but then I have enjoyed all your work on this site. Do not be demoralised by jerks!!!" -- Erasmus Flynt.


Dont Want To Sound Like Mr Ed by Stuart Eric Longridge (1)
"H-a-a-ay Wi-i-i-i-lbur !" -- Brian O Neil.


Daydream by Dri Cook (5)
"A wonderful write & testament to the resilence of the human spirit. The power there is in love & forgiveness is an integral part of the healing process! Well done." -- RAM, usa.
"BRAVO !!! The best that you have written so far . With your vivid pictures...no MOVIE, you had me walking in your dream as if i was filming it...that's how writing is supposed to be." -- Brian O Neil.
"thank you both, RAM and Brian. You're right, RAM, forgiveness and letting go are part of the healing process. And now, about being my best, Brian, oh well, I have my doubts but if you're saying, I believe you. I had to register this moment, somehow, This poem, same as Frightened Little Bee is part of a trilogy. The third will be coming soon." -- Dri.
"By far your best yet!" -- KM (Michelle).
"Hey, Wesley and KM!! Thank you for leaving feedback." -- Dri.


Confused Love by Lindsay Curtis (1)
"very sweet...." -- km.


An Amazing Dream by Jay Little (1)
"Jay, where you been man...I miss your words. What, you only write in the month of May?" -- Brian O Neil.


Airbourne Without Wings by Buxton (2)
"Still so angry Buxton. concerned re your last two entries. hope you are okay. good writing .x" -- louisa .
"yeah I is good....it's the style of my work...Anger is my muse" -- buxton.


A Fool's Heart by Josh Diodispazio (1)
"wow this is exactly how i feel about this guy i am "really close friends" with. i am in love with him and he acts like i have no heart or feelings sometimes. i hate it. i love this poem tho." -- Courtney, Shelburne, NH, United States.


There are 34 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.