www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Wrestling by Woodside (1)
"if you're going to try to rhyme you should at least make an attempt to be consistent, i'm against rhyme in any form though, why wrestling?" -- monkey.


The Random by Kirsten McManus (2)
"Kirsten, i knew you were talented, but i had no idea you were such an incredible writer! I love your poems- and i'm not just saying that. " -- Ashley Giroux, Topeka, KS, USA.
"I read all of your poetry. You are more than just an writer. A talented, spirited, yearning artist Perhaps you should wear a miter. You have a gift of vocabulary That flows and shapes you so It gives the feelings meaning And gives your heart a glow. (wow, you have awesome poetry, keep on writing)" -- Karl, T-Town(woohoo!).


The Second Wish by Asif Khan (5)
"...?" -- Wolfa.
"The poem is one of those rare pieces of writing which have an ability to mesmerize and capture the readers. It is remarkable for its imagery, symbolic insight and fine composition. I do appriciate the poet and hope to see him again on the web." -- Nadeem, Pakistan.
"There r very strong lines, as: "The unheard,wandering voice yells again. Both my feet are long dead now", poet has wonderful apptitude towards spiritual and metaphysical poetry." -- Nasrullah Khan, Bahawalpur, Punjab, Pakistan.
"Your poetry's fucking gay. Just as you are fucking gay. Stop fucking gay. It is not the correct way to live. " -- Lawrence Fickface.
"Engaging... I have a problem with 'of my own accord'. It follows swallowing up life's poison. To me this means this line refers to 'living', which inevitably leads to death, and just as death (come by naturally) is not really a choice, so is life. By the way, in my darker moments as a non-believer, I think death is one great subject of art. I enjoyed reading it!" -- Iam.


Sweet Reality by Ritu Varna (3)
"Very poetic,very rhyming The poem has a musical quality" -- sandhya, Trivandrum, kerala, India.
"I like the poem for its simplicity,and feeling of amazement" -- laiju, Texas, Texas, USA.
"simple,jingling,nice imagery" -- mehrdad, Shiraz, Iran, Iran.


My Heart Goes Out To Her by Charlie M (Big C Bubba) Johnson (2)
"That was beautiful Chaz..." -- Ima Foxx!!!, USA.
"I feel a kindred spirit with you, Charles. We've been through the same kind of heart ache, although, I've been more vocal with mine with the people who caused it. Maybe you have too, I just don't know. Keep writing, and never give up hope, my friend." -- Mackenzie Morgan, md, usa.


Labrador Waltz by Wolfa (10)
"I have no clue as to its meaning. Maybe you watch too much TV. Some of your other work shows promise, but this? Sorry." -- Richard, OH.
"Thanks on my other stuff -- as for this, it doesn't make sense because I wrote it from a dream that I had, about a painting called 'Labrador Waltz'. You have strange dreams when you fall asleep playing 'Die Meistersinger von N�rnberg' on loop. The only reason I put it up is that I like the rhythm." -- Wolfa.
"Wolfa, Richard is wrong. This is so weird. You mix nouns and verbs you'd never, never expect to see in one sentence that it is actually quite funny! You know those kiddy books with blanks where you're supposed to put a word-any word in? And then end up with a nonsense story that ends up being so silly, it's funny? That's what this poem is like but with a BIG, BIG dose of surrealism and well . . . SHIT going on!" -- Harriet.
"P.s.: Oh, and I forgot to say: I Absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!" -- Harriet.
"Thank you!!" -- Wolfa.
" You both watch too much TV. A big dose of surrealism? Gimme a break." -- Richard.
"If you hate this so much, why do you keep coming back to read it?" -- Wolfa.
"I never said I hated the poem. My last remark was in reference to Harriet's glowing tribute to how you mixed nouns and verbs not normally seen together in one sentence. Hell, I see that from a lot of writers on this site. (although not intentionally like yours) Aren't you lucky to have a fan to analyze your work for other reviewers. " -- Richard .
"Well, thank you for your review. I can't say that Harriet's review was precisely... on target. This poem remains what I called it: Something inspired by wierd music and an extremely disturbing painting. I only posted it because I like the rhythm. It was an experiment, if you will. However, unless someone sneaks into the gallery and super-glues it to the painting, I don't expect it to be published, because it does not make sense without seeing the painting... which is a disturbing one, indeed, of a girl dancing with a vaguely canine demonic being and being swallowed whole. It's creepy." -- Wolfa.
"Ehmm..m. Sehr gut Seite! Ich sage innig..!:) bmw" -- BMW, ..., ..., ....


Is This The End? by Charlie M (Big C Bubba) Johnson (3)
"Chaz this piece is too depressing i dont wanna think about losing touch with friends " -- Ima Foxx!!!, USA.
"Charles, I feel the same way you do, I lost some vey important people, after high school, and over the summer (which I write about), but I hope you keep up the writing, it helps to cope (and becomes addicting). Great emotions." -- Mackenzie Morgan, md, usa.
"Big C~ When u put this in my yearbook, I wanted to cry! It's such an awesome piece and I'm glad I was a part of your memories." -- Ash, Towson, MD, USA.


Forgiveness by Ashley Burdett (2)
"Honest, truly honest to step back and look at our actions " -- Ryan L. Babcock, Baltimore, MD, United States.
"Very good poem. If only forgiveness was possible for all. But, in all honesty, forgiveness is no always warranted, some people are unworthy of forgiveness. Great poem!" -- Jeff.


Father Big And Son So Small by Erin Megan Lindner (2)
"beautiful just plain beautiful i love it. Its from the heart please review my work i would like to here what you have to say thank you . I love this poem" -- Charles Johnson, Baltimore, MD, United States.
"How beautiful your poem is. It is refreshing to read. I sometimes think you have to sort of "trance yourself" to write poems like that. Thanks for sharing." -- Randy Barfield.


Sporatic by Kirsten McManus (1)
"Simple but great! Excellent writer. Keep it up!" -- Mike, PA, USA.


September Birdsong by M Kathleen Williams (1)
"M. Kathleen Williams' poem, "September Birdsong" touched me deeply, with its ability to create memorable word pictures for my mind and heart. Thank you! " -- Barbara Anello, North Bay, ON, Canada.


September 11, 2001 by Kirsten McManus (3)
"Love it... especially the last few lines...! You captured the American spirit wonderfully. " -- Jenn..
"Great Poem! We will prevail!" -- Jeffrey.
"Beautiful! Well written poem!" -- Mike, USA.


Me by Kirsten McManus (7)
"Hey, read a couple of your poems, can tell you are young, and I must say your writings remind me of myself when I was your age. Keep up the good work." -- Hope Chapman, Scranton, PA.
"I liked your poem. I can relate to it cause I often feel the same way. Your other poems were good too. Keep it up" -- Alison A.G., Miami, FL, USA.
"Hey, read all your stuff, its great keep it up, you have a lot of talent" -- Miles Tugman, Topeka, Ks.
"Wow! That was really great Kirsten! You're an amazing writer! Keep it up!" -- Anna Ashcraft, Topeka, Kansas.
"Hey girly, that is really good. you are really good at writtin poetry you should enter some contest and stuff you know? you could win them all but i will talk to you later. Bye love you bunches" -- Joddie Huss, Kansas, USofA.
"YAY again, very good, very good!!" -- Stephanie.
"wow kirsten! i knew you were great at flute, but this is like woah! Miss you bunches. hope to see you at iac someother time! (im looking into it for highschool...)" -- Grace Weintraub, Sarasota, Fl, usa.


Deja Vu by Richard Koss (6)
"Well put; your poem offers a very clear message. The closing lines bring it all home. This is the best piece I've read by you thus far." -- AJ Magy, Southfield, MI.
"1/ Precisely NO "weapons of mass destruction" have been found in Iraq - the sole reason for attacking apparently. Therefore, was the war justified? The war has not yet brought peace, safety and democracy to the people of Iraq, although I hope it will, given time. 2/ There was no genuine evidence of a link between Bin Laden and Iraq, although there may be now that he has been driven into hiding. Therefore the war may have in fact driven two of the most evil and repulsive threats to the Western World into an even richer underground alliance. The war against global terrorism has made no progress. 3/ Sadam Hussein`s regime was no worse that many others in the world which we have chosen not to attack. 4/ The international Muslim fundamentalist community (whose members are not only in distant lands, but living amongst us!) is undoubtedly the greatest threat to world peace since Hitler. The difference being their alien attitude towards their own lives, never mind their disregard for ours. This is all exacerbated by the US relationship with Israel - the fly in the ointment of the Middle East. Handle with care! 4/ We have a tradition of fighting wars to protect Democracy - the right to voice opposition is a central tenet of that democracy and one we surrender at our peril. 5/ Just an observation that Europe and the Middle East had been engaged in a war against Hitler for many many months before Pearl Harbour forced the Americans to consider their role in the world. America has only ever gone to war to protect or further its own interests. Finally, as most of the allied dead seem to have been killed by - the ironically named "friendly fire" - couldn`t the whole war have been avoided and you could have just allowed your ridiculous gun culture to do its work?" -- Gaylord.
"Gaylord, please note that this poem was written two weeks after 9/11/01 and has nothing to do with the current Iraq situation. It was written in anticipation of those who would say,(and they did) we brought 911 upon ourselves. I too, have mixed emotions about the current Iraqi situation. Only time will provide the answers. But, I have some points also. (1) If you read the book " Derelection of Duty," you will discover evidence that President Clinton was given information that Bin Laden was in our cross hairs in 1998, but Clinton ignored the opportunity to take him out, citing diplomatic reasons for his passing on the opportunity, even when he knew Bin Laden was responsible for the world Trade Center bombing. So how can we blame the current Bush administration entirely for 911? (2) The previous UN resolution with Iraq, called for Hussein to PROVIDE EVIDENCE of the destruction of weapons of mass destruction, which everyone knew existed. Iraq provided no such evidence. (3) The UN weapons inspectors were a joke. Blix and his team were like inspector Clouseau and his bungling brigade of idiots. "Let's play hide and seek. Here we come, ready or not." They're every movement was covered on world wide television. Did anyone really expect them to find anything? (4) We cannot ignore the evidence that shows France, Germany,Russia, and even a member of British parliament, to have sweetheart oil deals with Iraq and be on the receiving end of financial rewards from Iraq. Is it any wonder that they refused to vote to allow the invasion of Iraq? If the UN had authorized the Iraqi invasion, would we still be talking about finding weapons of mass destruction? I don't think so. " -- Richard.
"All fair points. If you could put that in a poem, now that would be an achievement. LOL." -- Gaylord.
"Wow! It's true, a brainwashed mind that still function....wow! How you got from Pearl Harbor to the trade centers is a mastery of logic and stupidity....but then again what can you expect from a washed brain! " -- Liberal .
"By now, this is quite dated, but nevertheless, my response is for the moron who appropriately identifies himself (or herself) as "liberal." How did I go from Pearl Harbor to the trade centers? They were both attacks from foreign enemies and the same kind of liberal jerks were telling us not to seek vengeance then, just as they did after 9/11. At least you acknowledge the existence of Pearl Harbor. I am ever amazed how such a stupid class of people, driven by a proven, failed, ideology such as liberalism, could continue to feel elitist in their fucked up thinking. Every bit of social engineering you attempt fails miserably. Our society has decayed in every facet as a result of liberalism, and yet you continue to cling to the notion that you're smarter than everyone else. " -- Richard.


A Poem Created With All The Words That Rhyme With Man by Hope Chapman (1)
"WOW! You must have been very bored. " -- J.


There are 15 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.