www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Novels - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry - Reviews
Novels Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

The Feud by Tyler Brandon Vetzel (1)
"Absolutely fantastic, I mean what skill, flair and tenacity in capturing all the elements that are required for a great novel. I will definitely be plagiarising it for my upcoming writing debut." -- Peter Grisham (john's Brother).


Bounty Hunter by Ryuichi Minamino (1)
"A Black And White Night "Are you like so ready for the party at my house tonight." I said as 4 of my friends walked beside me. "totally" they all said and we started to laugh while we got are way home to my home.We all lived down th estreet from each other.My friends are so energetic they are all the same age as me the are 16 years old. There names are Kaylynne, Brittany, Taylor, and Mariah. As you can see i am the most popular girl in school. My party is going to be the best it's going to be a black and white party. Girls as well as guys will be allowed to my party.Not just everyone in school is allowed i have inventations sent or emailed to everyone that i am planning on inviting.Later that day at 4:04 me and my friends went to the mall to pick up our outfits that we were going to wear for the party so tagging along with us were our boyfriends mines was ryan,Kaylynn's was Jeff,Brittanys's was chris,Maraih's was tony,and Taylor's was anthony.We all picked up something nice to wear.All the girls wore white and the guy wore black and we wee ready for the party which started at 7:00 it was just now 6:20 so we had enough time to get ready. " -- keondra jenkins, largo, florida.


Dirty Little Altar Boy by Brandon D Christopher (2)
"really good story. u need 2 right more!!!!! e-mail me sometime. ;)" -- des.
"The dialogue is funny & the family dynamic is nice. It's fun to read, but I don't get some of the references. Are they explained earlier in the story? fun stuff." -- raykay.


The Prince And The African Grey (Chapter 1) by Amarjit Bhambra (5)
"I have to say I was enthralled by this piece. I liked the culutre...the visual aspects of the story too. It had the feel of myths, legends....the stuff great stories are made of. I would have to say, you need to develop it more. Good in depth and round some of the characters. This story had such a great potential. Hang in there and keep writing." -- e. rocco caldwell, tacoma.
"Dear Rocco, thanks for taking the time and comment, greatly appreciate them. Please feel free to read (cont.. Part 2) on this one. Thanks. " -- Amy, Hayes, UK.
"The Prince and the African Grey (Part 2)" -- Amy, Hayes, UK.
"Beatiful Creature Of The Earth! I Can Imagine This As A Film... Cant Wait To Read The Rest! Wouldnt Mind Staring In It Myself. " -- Nuli, London, New York.
"My story was written a few years back....wow.....how it compares with the Royal today.... my story is about a young Prince going to the Moon..and wow... 6th August 2011...Prince Harry wants to go to the moon.....and my story states that the elder Prince expores....and Now that his elder brother is on tour after marriage......." -- Amarjit , Hayes, Middlesex, England.


The Darkened Kingdom Chapter 1 by Ed Wang (2)
"Your book is great and i can't wait for the next instalment. I too am a writter. Your storyline is great I feel it is a good deccision to start with a mystery. Howver, you do need to work on your orginization and how you introduce new characters. I got confused when you talked about Vienna, didn't he already know her? Your story is great and you just need to work out a few kinks. Good luck and I was also thinking maybe we could create a seperate storie togehter and incorperate both our ideas, it might be cool." -- Aden, Ca.
"This story definitely has potential. The introduction of the characters also had me slightly confused, but with critiquing, this story could take flight. I also enjoyed the vivid detail used in the mid and last sections of the chapter. It kept me into it." -- Majen, Clarion, PA, USA.


Blacklord by Andrzej Podlewski (2)
"your greatest piece, keep up the good work. from a loyal fan." -- kriss.
"Blacklord held my interest all the way to the end! It is so descriptive (I felt and saw everything described)! I can't wait to read your other pieces!" -- Kristine, Staten Island, New York, U.S.A..


Feel Good Story by L Jay (1)
"really enjoyed the story, made me feel good and nice to see a happy ending. romantic and funny it made me laugh. it really is a feel good story." -- kate kerrison.


Intro To My Novel by Jenelle Marie Dayton (5)
"Hi - can you let me know when this is set? I'm working my way through it for a review but wanted to know the period. So far (although I am not a fan of period novels) it's written very well and grips you from the start" -- Briony Carvalho.
"Thanks for your review, Briony! I really appreciate it, and thank you for working your way through it, I appreciate your time and effort! For anyone who may begin reading this novel and go, "This is boooring, I'm gonna stop here!" Please hold off doing that because page four is where it gets more interesting....:)" -- Jenelle, sacramento, CA, United States.
"P.S. From Jenelle- The period is 1800s, sorry I didn't see that at first. I'll add that to my intro!" -- Jenelle again.
"Hmmm, you want to go to CB eh??? Well.....That's interesting. I'm sure you'll get in...But you should set your sights higher...Like on SF maybe... They have awesome writing classes. The teachers are AWESOME. So there. My add. Go to SF. Believe me, you'll love it!!!!!" -- Catarina, SAC, CA, USA.
"Caterina, as much as I hate to disagree with you, Saint Francis isn't nearly as good as Christian Brothers. I have been to both open houses and my parents agree, the people are less bubbly, the science labs don't even have computers, and the religion room is eensie weensie teensie. I will set my sights higher.....than Saint Francis, that is. All girl schools are sooo not my thing and Christian Brothers has the best library, and it is way more colorful and lively than Saint Francis. All my friends are going to CB, and I know the vice principal and three of the teachers there very well. It actually is slightly more expensive than Saint Francis. Hm, there MUST be a reason for that! The financial aid doesn't even come into play because you can only apply for ONE Catholic Highschool, and you only can apply for financial aid after you apply. The uniforms at CB are a---dorable and the standards academic wise are also very high. Also, there is a MAN principal at CB which will, only in my opinion, be better than a female principal. There. My add to your add. And I did apply for a shadow day for your school and put your name. Ya free Dec 2nd???" -- Jenelle, Sacramento, CA, US.


Hero by John A Stowell (5)
"Go Hero!!! Keep up the good work, man! Keep it comin'!" -- John-G, brookeland, United States, TX.
"VERY INTRIGUING! I LOVE IT! YOUR THE BEST! LOVE, *CHELLE*" -- Rochelle Lynn, hot springs, ar, United States.
"Nice!" -- Gene Boris.
"That story is funny. I loved it. I hope you continue this. It is very well written. " -- Aura, NYC.
"great" -- pratham, ahmedabad, gujrat, india.


The War Of Time by K J H (1)
"Brilliant description it pulls u right in. keep it up i want to know how this gets into the war" -- Carol, England.


Interview With My Father by Tamsin Butler (1)
"Lovely stuff. forget that our fathers did have a life before we came along and were children once too. " -- kate kerrison.


Dark Past - Chapter 1 by Caleigh Jepison (2)
"Well, not bad its a good story but you do have some grammatical errors. I want to know what happened so you MUST continue this. I like the way this is going so far! Good job! " -- Aura, NYC.
""Professionalism" is the first word that came to my mind when I read this work. It was as if an experienced author was telling the story. The mystery that is unrevealed in the story leaves me in suspense. Can't wait to see where this escalates to!" -- Majen, PA.


Swan Dive - Chapter 2 by Briony Carvalho (4)
"Haha had me laughing out loud - can't wait to read the next bit shame about the typos though :)" -- Jon.
"too funny, the lady bits cracked me up, no pun intended, and your description of early morning funk is great. look forward to seeing more of your adventoures (is that the brit way of spelling adventures?), 5'11' huh, cool!!!" -- curious.
"Ha ha ha! Loved this, Loved the part with the postman LMAO! please keep it up!" -- Tamsin.
"This is good with great potential. You have a lot of talent. However, I can't help thinking this story would be much better told in the first person. Either that or it needs more dialog to actually involve the main character in the story, rather than just be an observed 'exhibit'. Good work though" -- Kasey.


Swan Dive by Briony Carvalho (3)
"WOW (and i seldom use caps), what a terrific blend of comedy and anticipation. all that and a pic, what a delight, can't wait to read what's next. i'm wondering if a size 7 in england is the same as here? " -- curious.
"Where's the rest.....I wanna see what happens here. Laughed out really loud when I got to the swan diving part. Good mix of comedy and drama. " -- kwilt.
"Thank you so much for your great comments. Curious - I have HUGE feet - US size 8 and a half but then again I am 5ft 11! Glad you liked it - just been inspired to write the next bit so watch this space" -- Briony.


Execution Of Justice By Patrick Dent by Patrick Dent (2)
"�This military thriller is a gritty, fast paced, all-action story that is not easy to put down, almost from the first page. John Drake, the young but very resourceful hero endures a tough boyhood, dominated by a cruel and ruthless father, until a lethal teenage encounter lands him in a covert ops training unit. The hero�s exceptional talents, together with those of his companion soldier, eventually result in his leading a two-man commando team ready and able to overcome any terrorist type situation placed in their way."In parallel the book covers a murky, often lethal, unfriendly situation developing in another continent, which clearly needs someone special to put things right. The subsequent exploits of the two young super-heroes could occasionally overstretch a reader�s belief, in the hands of a lesser craftsman, but the writer knows his subject and locations well and the narrative doesn�t falter. The intrepid duo plan and execute a hazardous rescue attempt, involving an attack on what seems to be an invincible, well defended target. Namely a sinister desert fortress presided over the chief villain in the story, who is a very bad person indeed."The CIA, perhaps fashionably nowadays, appears to come in for some rough treatment by the author and as you�d expect, a dastardly plan to start World War III is fortunately thwarted. �"The parallel plot treatment is very effective, as long as you can avoid having to put the book down for too long. All in all, the book is excitingly well written, with excellent characterization, so if you enjoy a good blood and thunder experience, get your copy now."" -- Tony Thorne MBE.
""What transforms a man into a killing machine? How does he preserve his humanity amid the barbaric demands of duty and freedom? "These are just some of the questions posed by Patrick Dent as wholesome all American small town boy, John Drake draws on the suppressed pain and heart ache of his youth to be a man who can make a difference. "Set in the Nixon years of the Vietnam war, a rare venting of his inner rage, sets Drake on a path to Morocco to rescue a very important daughter, abducted for the skin trade. The plot is as gritty as the desert setting of the climax, as Drakes ice cool talent for torture is revealed in graphic detail. The dialogue crackles with tension and urgency as the clock ticks down on the crucial mission. "It would be easy to despise our hero Drake, as he takes to killing with a calm professionalism but Dent sensitively chronicles his early days to show how his strong and pragmatic morals evolved. Drake emerges as a man of great loyalty with an unshakeable sense of right and wrong. The best friend or ally you could wish for but equally the worst enemy to make� "If you want a fast paced action packed thriller with strong characters, this hits the target. Not for the squeamish, but a journey through life and death that commands your attention."" -- Colin Kirby.


Dreams Of Reality by Briony Carvalho (10)
"Hey, liked it wondering where your gonna go with it but I love the style and the flow keep me posted" -- Josh Halliwell, LA, USA.
"I think this is really good, I like the fact it's weird from the outset, as Josh said where are you going to go with it?" -- Briony's sister.
"Hey T, well it's all going to get weirder and weirder! There are going to be a series of 'meetings' with the man and a couple of others before you understand why it's all weird!" -- Briony.
"I can't wait to read the next part, should be great!" -- T.
"Not bad for Romance genre. Check out my Sally, Part One. Not romantic, but best I can do for a girl story." -- Gregory Allen, Mpls, MN, USA.
"Actually, it's not a romance...just a theme to introduce the character and 'the man'. It's actually going to be a psychological thriller but keep reading." -- Briony.
"Wow! what more can I say?? I really love the imagery of this story and I can't wait for more. Thanks for chcking out my stuff too :-)" -- l Jay.
"Thank you for your reviews. I am a little surprised that you liked my story "Sally". I must have generalized about your views from this story, where the girl dreams of the "perfect" man. Apparently, there is more depth of this character to come. The First Alex is the combination of a prologue and a dream sequence from another story. Several people, including professional editors thought it was a book synopsis. So, I am now expanding the First Alex to book length. Sally part two will be complete shortly, when I have time. Next, she awakens with the beauty she always dreamed of, with some strings attached. Read my Warm Goo, either version. It drips with attitude. God Bless." -- Gregory Allen, Mpls, MN, USA.
"I liked the story as I felt it had a lot of potential although I must admit I did find it a little generalistic in some of her thoughts about the perfect man etc but then again I am sure there are women out there that think like that! From reading your other work I get the impression that you will lead on to darker things and I felt it picked up pace in such a way that I was gripped!" -- Briony.
"Honestly, Carvalho. Fuck prose. You have the poets' gift. Prose is your bitch. What I like about your writing is your awesome emotive interpretaion of seemingly normal events and circumstances. Don't write novels like a write - write them like yourself - a poet" -- rubicon.


Maramusame: The Sword Of Darkness (Prologue) by Ultimazero (3)
"That was a great story! You don't suppose that there will be a sequel coming out any time soon, do you? Good job!" -- GraceS.
"I really liked the description of what he was wearing; it was very vivid. Yeah, definitely write the next chapter!" -- A Reader Passing By.
"This is a really good story, Nathan. You did a good job with action and description! " -- MadelineR .


Chapter 1 by Tom M Fisher (1)
"Twice as good as it would be if it were just great" -- kwilt.


There are 18 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.