www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Essays - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry - Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Hello, Obsession. My Name Is Paranoia. by Michelle Bernard (1)
"Weird, but has it's funny moments. This story remids me alot of those old Goosebums books, specifically Night of the Living Dummy and Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes, where seemingly harmless objects are really alive and out to cause trouble. " -- Steven.


We Storymaniacs Should Be The Best by Michael Harris (1)
"Interesting thoughts Michael. " -- Steven.


Cast The First Stone by Desi Williams (4)
"Nice piece. My closing words: "Religions A Bitch, Then You Die."" -- Josh / Axey.
"this is a very interesting piece Desi it's got me curious how someone at your age is writing at such an intellectual level Very impressive,keep up the good work." -- Brian L.
"I like this we all can learn diffrent points of view when we listen to others. Yes I believe the Lord speak to us in our hearts." -- Jeanette H.
"I believe that the Lord Speaks to us in our hearts. " -- Jeanette H.


Why We Need Bush by Bryan King (5)
"Okay well here's an independent's view on things. Notice not liberal because I think that the whole political system thing where if you are a liberal you vote Nader and all the stuff it stupid. Well here it goes. Yes there was a vicious attack on America. But there was not a single, not even one, Iraqi in the whole plot of 9/11. The war on terror was a great thing when it was where it needed to be. It seems (seems, don't pass out yet) like when there wasn't much success that we totally shifted gears. We went after a country that might, and quite possibly did, have weapons of mass destruction. But they weren't using them on us. And yes Saddam was a bad person. And he killed his own people, but he wasn't doing any thing to us. If we would have stayed in Afganistan then this would have been justified. And maybe we would have found the son of a bitch that killed our own citizens. Bush does inflict on our personal lives. He inflicts on your life too but it doesn't seem like a bad thing. GAY MARRAGE CAN NOT BE CONSTITUTIONALLY BANNED. The Bible is not a political document nor a legal document. If you love some one you love some one. There is a seperation between church and state for a reason. On tax cuts. He may have cut our taxes but our cut taxes will be paying for the death of our own children for another several generations. My great grandchildren will probably be paying for this. We are paying some 3 trillion dollars (don't quote me on that if I'm wrong I accept it) so that innocent people can die. Ask your self if the ends justify the means. I'll do something that most all Liberals do though. Bill Clinton was lying bastard that cheated on his wife. But that is his personal life. It is wrong and certainly not a good quality to show for a president, but it didn't change the fact that he wasn't a bad president. Not a great one. but a good one. And besides Clinton wasn't a Liberal. He was a Democrat. You claim to be doing such a good job of dividing those two and yet you can't get it right. But alright I do agree with you about the not finding the weapons thing. No reason that he can't find something. I can't find stuff all the time. But the war in IRAQ is a very bad thing. This is also not an attack on our tropps or military. I love America and I show my patriotism by supporting them and I support them by trying to get them home and away from the deaths that are unneccicary. God bless America and God bless you Bryan King because atleast you care enough to learn something. And this doesn't mean I dislike you. I just disagree with your politics. I hope we can all atleast love one another in this world because if we can't then we are doomed. Later" -- Nash.
"Okay, thanks for your'e review. For one thing, Iraq did have something to do with the 9/11 attacks. We were attacked by terrorists, and after that we had to get rid of every other major terrorist that was a threat. And there were (are) quite a many terrorist in that country: Suddam, his sons, and countless others. And even though he wan't using the WMD's on us at the time, the fact that he possed them, and was a brutal Dictator was enough to go over there to stop him and his regiem. And your'e right. Unfortunaletly, GAY MARRIAGE CANNOT BE CONSTTUTIONALLY BANNED, I'll give you that. But this country, the USA, was built on the teachings of the Bible. The constitution was built on the Bible. Once you start leeting Gay people marry, you then have to let them adopt, and that leads to all other stuff. The fact that Bill Clinton cheated on his wife, was not the thing which I was refurring to. I was reffuring to when he lied under oath about it. Yes, he did cheat (in the White House for God sakes) and that ruined his name. But, the fact that he lied is what makes him the Bastard. And you are right, Bill Clinton didn't SAY he was a liberal, but he had liberal principles. I think Iraq was neccesary, but it has been seriously overdrawn...that's the one thing that went terribly bad in this war. I understand your Patriotism and thank you for it. I support the troops every day and every way that I can. Thank you so much for your review. " -- Author.
"Bryan, you're fourteen which is probably why you are so naive to what is going on. Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11. What is with you people who do not fully understand that. There were no WMD'S nor was Saddam evern connected in any way to terror in this country. If we are trying to get rid of all dictators, why not now attack the leader of South Korea? I guess even we (Us Government) know when to stop. The fact is that yes Clinton lied about his personal affairs, but have you read resent polls, 45plus percent do not trust Bush. Gee, I wonder why? Maybe the Downing Street memos? It's a shame that you cannot get it out of your system that gay marriage is OK. What the hell would happen to children who are raised by gay people? Bryan, grow up a little. Don't go through life with your head in you ass. " -- Jazz.
"Hello Jazz, thanks for your review. First and foremost, do not try to use my age against me, because I've gathered my facts, and I know the truth. Second, I've tried to explain this to many people, and they still don't get it. I'll try to make it more plainer for you: After the conclusion of the Pursian Gulf War, the Iraq regime was required to sign a set of agreements that required them to destroy all their WMDs and not to make any more. And for the 11 years before we invaded Iraq, they violated these agreements several times, by producing chemical and biological weapons. Third, they gave shelter to a major terrorist regime called Al Quieda, and supported practices of terrorism against it's own people. Now, after one of the most horrific attacks on America, these people supported the people who attacked us, and had the weapons to do more mass destruction, are we suppose to sit back and say "Okay, go ahead and bomb us?" Suddam supported these people. For God sakes man, do you care about our safety? Lastly, I'm Catholic, been Catholic since I was born, and will die Catholic. I've read the Bible, and believe in God's teachings. And no where in his teachings, or in Mass, has it been said that it's okay to be married Gay. Sorry, if you think it is, but I don't. I'm not saying that I hate Gay people, no. If people want to live like that, go ahead, I don't got a problem with that. I'm saying that they shouldn't marry, that's all. So, Jazz, maybe you should take some of your own advise and not go through life with your head in your ass. " -- Bryan King.
"You are 14 and you may be intelligent but you are not wise as you have no life experience.Prescott Bush the grandfather of the retard George w bush was caught by the American government funding Hitler in WW2 (yes Hitler) and Barbara Bush his grandmother is an illegitimate love child of Aliestar Crowley (also known as the Beast)AKA the most evil man on earth and full-time satanist.Time to wake up my friend and realize 911 was a complete set-up and a wholly staged event.Make sure you google everything ive said and feel free to read my entries in the songs and short stories sections, as you will learn a lot from me about the real world and wont have to write silly little paragraphs like above and have people laughing at your gullibility.Peace" -- Dr Lemuria.


What Is It With Fecamds? by Kennedy O Obohwemu (2)
"good write up,quite refreshing to see people who understand FECAMDS.God bless" -- uba-mgbemena okezie, ibadan, oyo, naija.
"Interesting piece. I just wish the world at large knew FECAMDS! Lets spread the news. Nice Ken, nice!" -- Marvins Oigiangbe, Ekpoma, Edo, Nigeria.


The Fight Against Aids-Is There A Ray Of Hope? by Kennedy O Obohwemu (1)
"MY HIV DISEASE WAS CURED BY PROPHET ABUDU FROM AFRICA, WITH HIS HERBAL HEALING SPELL/ ([email protected] ). DR Abudu is the only Dr who could ever get my HIV-AIDS cured with his healing spell, I have tried almost everything but I couldn't find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, I always spend a lot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day I was just browsing on the internet when I come across a great post of! Michelle! who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of these great powerful healing spell doctor, sometime I really wonder why people called him Papa abudu, I never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so I quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and he said a thing I will never forget that anyone who contacted him is! always getting his or her healing in just 6 hours after doing all he ask you, so I was amazed all the time I heard that from him, so I did all things only to see that at the very day which he said I will be healed, all the strength that has left me before rush back and I becomes very strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so I will to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor said I am HIV negative, I am very amazed and happy about the healing Dr abudu gave to me from the ancient part of Africa, you can email him now for your own healing too at: (EMAIL HIM ON: [email protected] " -- rebecca, oxford, england.


The Differance Between Nigger And Nigga-From A White Person's Point Of View by Bryan King (7)
"I have to agree. If a word is offensive to someone then what is the difference who says it. Also I think that any form of a racial slur is just as bad. You can call a white guy a cracker but any other slang is bleeped out on TV practically exept for a few others." -- Nash.
"Thanks for this review. Sometimes, it's hard for other people to see this fact, but thank God your'e not one." -- Bryan King.
"Good piece but what you should have done, Bryan was a little more research. Saying that blacks use that word more may be inaccurate as the same with whites. The fact is that we just don't know and never will. People, of all races, have used that word. It is the way it is used. Don't get me wrong, I hate both versions, but instead of approaching this piece the way you had, you should have gone in the route of asking why the word is still used anyway. Is it meant as a term of friendship, hatred, etc. Get what I am saying?" -- Jeffrey.
"Thanks Jef (If you don't mind me calling you that), I really appreciate your review." -- Bryan King.
"Disagree with all the above. A word is a word, the offence is in the meaning. People are far too ready to take offence and to be offended on others' behalf. We get it all the time in the UK, "Muslims are offended by public celebration of Christmas", "Gays are offended by pictures of Romeo and Juliet in marriage registry offices" etc. Usually you find the assertions are made by politically correct fools who are neither Muslim not Gay and they only increase predudice against those groups by those who are fed up with having all their traditions challenged. Calling a black guy a nigger may be offensive, but what happened to individual freedom? Surely he is entitled, like the rest of us, to call himself whatever he likes." -- xoggoth, UK.
"Its true in what you have written, I too hate it when l hear these rap songs black rap stars singing "Niggar this and Niggar that". To me it doesn't make sense as to why they call themselves this. I hate it when my children who love rap songs, come out with these catchy tunes. (Why do they do this? Is it because "If you cann't beat them, you join them?"" -- jean, london, UK.
"I not sure what to say only if get a job at school you could fired if you said a word like that." -- Bug off.


Homosexual Couples Should Be Allowed To Marry by Shaun Stone (3)
"Dear Shaun: As a gay male, I do agree with your piece regarding gay marriage. However the way in which you wrote it wasn't as tidy as it could have been. You have some very good quotes but I do not recall seeing any verifiable facts. Another point I'd like to make is to please use your spell check option and always, always proofread your work to avoid errors. Proofreading is vital because you have a few run-on and incomplete sentences and thoughts such as: �Also if everyone knows why homosexual marriage should be legal. Last if people know what�s in the U.S. Constitution about what the government can and cannot do on this subject.� I�m not sure that what you have here constitutes a complete thought. Also, if you are going to quote anyone, it is always necessary to add quotation marks at the beginning and ending of each quote. That allows the reader to know that what he or she is reading is a quote from a source of some kind. Lastly, detail where that quote or fact came from, not just an abstract name and page number. Until I got to the end of your piece, I wasn�t aware of what or who Leah Moore was. That was just some helpful and friendly advice but all in all, good piece. With some editing and tightening up, great piece. Thanks. Jeff [email protected] " -- Jeffrey, NYC.
"God bless you dude. " -- Nash.
"I'm with you. " -- Em.


G.Gun by Bryan King (3)
"Bryan, I must ask, what do you plan to be when you grow up?" -- Jeffrey.
"I don't know exactly. Policeman perhaps. Or an engineer, or a political leader. I know for sure that writing be involved either in lisure time or in my day job. Why do you ask?" -- Bryan King.
"I am a student of child psychology as well as Writing. I was just curious is all. Honestly even though I firmly disagree totally with your political opinions, I think you may make a good politician. You are determined, driven and believe totally in the "right."" -- Jeffrey.


A Writer's High by Bryan King (3)
"Not sure about fainting, but it is definatly a good release of energy (good or bad)... it's like counting to ten when your really angry...word's are a weapon, it's how you use them that is the beauty..." -- Buxton.
"Thank you very much. I am grateful" -- Bryan.
"if you don't mind me telling you, writing to me is orgasmic and I don't know why you told me this is not as good as mine, it is excellent and so true. Writing is my life, a passion and thanks for your kind comment. Hugs and till next time." -- Dri.


A Grandfather's Love by Mddoc (1)
":) Very sweet write. I'm approaching that age as my daughters are now in college and HS, but have not arrived there yet. If they're anything like my daughters, I can't wait. I expect they'll be even better because when they smell bad, we can always hand them back to mom :). Very nice write. I can tell it is genuine." -- Steven L. Howard.


The Meaning Of Love by Cj Schmowling (1)
"I WISH I HAD YOUR COURAGE TO LEAVE MY "COMFORT ZONE"..YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION" -- Kiera.


Tales Of Tito: Essay Of An Inmate by David Daniels (1)
"Loved it! your best yet! You should really consider writing a book about your correction officer days!" -- dom.


Same-Sex Marriage by Robbie Malcolm (7)
"mr. malcom is hard for me to agree with you on this. marriage is a sacred covenant created by God between a man and a waoman. marriage is not based on what any constitution of any country says. to allow same-sex marriages would be morally wrong. but i'm am very impressed in the ways you made your points." -- Bryan King.
"Malcom, marriage has little or nothing to do with religion at all. People who are married in a church are no more married than those on a beach or in a bar. Once we distant ourselves from the "sacred institution" theory, we will be more accepting. Morals are a personal ideology. What is moral to one may not be to another BUT that does not DEmoralize anything in anyway. " -- Jeffrey.
"Excuse me, but marriage DOES have alot to do with religion. THE MARRIAGE VOWS ARE BASED FROM THE BIBLE." -- Bryan King.
"You guys are idiots. Get a freaking life. Gay people are people too. It's about time Mr. King came out of the closet and stopped bashing gay people. Love, *Robbie*" -- Robbie Malcolm, Homo City, UT, USA.
"Your last paragraph is ironically, an indictment of our decadent culture. The freedom to wallow in amorality was not one of the freedoms the framers of our constitution envisioned. The demands of a small minority of the population to accept gay marriage is only another attempt by the gay community to give even more undeserving credibility to their abberant lifestyle. Take a look at our culture and that of the rest of the Western world. A culture that embraces hedonistic behavior - pornography, drugs, the degradation of women and an arrogant mockery of God and religion. We are on a cultural downslope and the inevitable wrath of God may sound like a joke to all you atheists out there, but HE will have the last laugh. I guarantee it. " -- Richard.
"Richard, Living in UT, I see this mindset often. You use the word "amorality" as if it was a defined term. And, granted, your religion likely does define it. However, any religion that condemns other people as "undeserving" cannot be correct. I know a man who is a hardcore Mormon, a man who has never tasted Coke or coffee. And he is an advocate of same-sex marriage, marijuana legalization, and pornography. Of course, he is morally opposed to these things, but what is more important to him is his value of respecting others and not using the power of the majority (Mormons) to tell the minority what is okay to do. If you hurt someone, then of course the action is amoral. But same-sex marriage does not harm you, it doesn't harm them, and it doesn't harm the state. You never stopped to think that maybe when Jesus said "Love thy neighbor," that he didn't mean "Love thy neighbor...unless he's a fag." As a Buddhist, I don't know if God exists or who He is. What I do know is that if God is just, He would not approve of you trying to oppress ANYBODY. Lastly, you said that same-sex marriage "was not one of the freedoms the framers of our constitution envisioned." Contary to popular belief, Thomas Jefferson, along with many of the writers of the Constitution, were no Christians! They were DIESTS! They believed in a watchmaker God, a God that set the world in motion yet takes no further part in it. At the time, I doubt they even considered the issue of same-sex marriage. They did consider that these kinds of issues would exist, however, and they set in place a wonderful system for incorporating such laws into the legal system. It's called the power of the minority. It doesn't mean that the majority can overpower the minority. The minority, no matter how small, has a Constitutional RIGHT to express itself, and, more importantly, receive equal rights and priveleges as the majority. While the issue of gay marriage is certainly a tricky issue and is very complicated, your simple "I hate fags" harangue is neither constructive, nor enlightened, nor meaningful. In fact, your review has no possible positive outcome other than to show me the growing blight of ignorance in our country, threatening our country's diversity and changing us into an "Idiocracy."" -- Robbie Malcolm, UT, USA.
"Quite frankly, Mr. Malcom, I don't hate homosexuals, I pity them as I do all freaks of nature. As far as the issue of same sex marriage is concerned, there is no logical argument to support any constitutional right to such a union. In my opinion, you are a just another homosexual who desparately seeks assurance and reinforcement from the heterosexual community that your behavior is merely another acceptable "alternative lifestyle." Do you think you can "dress" up the same sex unions of gay and lesbian couples by blaspheming religious doctrine and mocking civil tradition. There is no culture past or present that has ever recognized marriage as anything but a union between a man and a woman - period. Even in polygamous cultures, the unions are always heterosexual. Whether you like it or not, the basis for marriage has been and always will be, to procreate. Like so many young people both gay and straight, you think traditions are corny and there must always be change even if only a minority desires it. There is nothing wrong with sound, fundmental, tradition based upon a belief in God and a respect for His teachings. There is something wrong however, with those who worship the god of change - because a need for change is the only thing that can justify immoral, amoral, and aberrant behavior. Legalizing marriage for homosexual couples will do no more for them than giving a Cadillac to a lazy bum will do for him. It might make him feel equal to the affluent people around him for awhile, but everyone else will know he's still a bum. " -- Richard.


Gods Artwork And Power by Leo Rose (1)
"THANK YOU FOR WRITING THIS!!!" -- Bryan King.


Does Curiosity Kill? by Leah Russell (1)
"i'm glad to see you have become a boater who has taken the right steps an attitude towards one of the most rewarding sports possible.most people will never understand but there is no better day then a day on the river.congadulations on your first roll ." -- fh, canada.


�I'm Not A Christian, But I Play One On Sunday' by James Snyder (2)
"Dear James,I agree with your essay.However,one doesn't have to fall to his knees and pray every second to have a close relationship with Jesus either.I attend my catholic church every sunday.I pray to Jesus and ask him to help me through the many problems in life.But I feel that Jesus helps those who help themselves.I am the only one in my immediate family that attends church every week.I don't force my wife or my children to go.Religion just isn't a priorty in their lives and that's just fine.I truly believe that you have to worship God of your own free will and it doesn't make sense to force someone to worship.I go to church and pray to the Lord for me and for me only.If other people don't see the Lord in the same light as I do then I don't judge them and I don't force my view of religion on them. But call me crazy because ever since I accepted the lord Jesus Christ as my savior good things have been happening in my life and I truly hope that good things happen and continue to happen in your life as well as you continue to spread the good word." -- David Daniels.
"I remember first hearing this from my mother. "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." I have been both good and bad throughout my life; hopefully, more often good than bad. I have never, however, ever stopped having faith that there is a God and a spiritual afterlife. The Christian populace is full of hypocrites and wanna-be Heaven occupants who don't think they have to do much other than act the part of a good Catholic or Christian (or Jew or whatever), to get there. I am much more realistic. I think my best shot is getting into Purgatory. I understand that for some time now, the Catholic Church has decided there's no Limbo anymore. I hope it (the Church) never feels the same about Purgatory. That would turn us all into sky-divers. Either you're chute opens or it doesn't." -- Richard.


Love (An Essay On The Matter) by Desi Williams (3)
"i can't believe u only 14.. beautiful.." -- baker.
"Thank you. I had to write it because I'm feeling down about not having a BF, and it made me feel better. Being single is fun! :) <3 y'all." -- Desi.
"Fantastic!!!It's just so unbelievable!!! " -- Loka.


The Four Of Diamonds by Kevin Myrick (2)
"for some unknown reason this was diffciult to read...the characters were funny but I did get most of it...I liked the approach you take in this piece. Your generation needs to get involved because GW is leaving you a world filled with hatred towards America and a land dependent on other countries...scary! Keep up the work and I don't care how much debt you accure...stay in school and get theat degree!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"E: Thanks for the review. I don't exactly mean what you are saying by the fact that the characters are funny, and appreciate your thoughts on my debt. Don't worry, I'll be staying in college. A follow up is coming. " -- Kevin Myrick.


Save The Planet � More Fiction Than Fact by Richard Koss (5)
"Hi Richard. I saw your request on the message board and figured I'd swing by. It's shameful this piece hasn't been reviewed in six years, but understandable considering at a site such as Storymania it is likely to get lost in the shuffle, and the article is a bit more highbrow than what many writers coming here would be comfortable commenting on, since the majority of them will likely be inexperienced. You've done your research and made your argument well; perhaps well enough to persuade someone who is on the fence about global warming, or at least well enough to convince them to study the subject further themselves from all sides. The argument for and against global warming has been around since the '60s I believe, possibly even earlier. I recall being a teenager in the '80s and being chided not to use my hairspray because "it would cause a hole in the ozone layer" so I've been familiar with this controversy for a while. Earth is a beautiful thing, and I genuinely believe those who are honest on both sides don't want to see the planet royally f***ed up, as I know both you and I feel that way. The truth is that it is theory at this point and hasn't been proven one way or another; perhaps we will all die in a fiery ocean or the world will grind to a halt and freeze over, or perhaps nothing will happen regardless of what we do, or don't do; I simply don't know, you don't know, nor does even the most brilliant scientist, not yet anyways. It's like when ancient Greeks attempted to prove the world was round or when Einstein theorized large bodies effect the curvature of space; no one actually knew if they were right or not until enough time passed and experience was able to reveal the answer. It will be the same for global warming. But it is ignorant and perhaps even evil to make drastic changes and enforce them upon people when it cannot be proven those changes will have any positive effect on some potential disaster. It is one thing to be proactive against known threats and guard against them, but policy makers should not use potential threats they don't know how to deal with to enforce policies that potentially have nothing to do with what they are claiming the policy is for. In closing, a well done essay." -- Nellie Wigal.
"The above poster ^^ obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. Get your head out of your ass and stop being a racist towards Obama!" -- Progressive man.
"wow. nellie sure wrties big, lot 2 say i guees. anyways i read your esay ricard and i have to say i liked it but i can't say i completely understod evetyhing, more my fault." -- m.t. hart.
"@ m.t.: You should hear me when I really am on a roll, girl. Ha ha. @ Progressive Man/Obama Supporter: "rolls eyes"" -- Nellie Wigal.
"Nellie, Thank you for your review and comments. Although I wrote that piece over ten years ago, nothing new has been revealed since then to change my opinion, including that Holloywood docu-fantasy produced by Al Gore and his daughter. There is an inherent risk that there will be some strings attached (political and social agendas) to funding (grants) received by the scientific community from congress. Politicians are quick to dismiss these notions by saying that scientists could never be intimidated nor their research compromised by any amount of funding. That immediately reminds me of Al Pacino's response to his girl friend Kay, in the original "Godfather" movie, when he said: "Now who's being naive?"" -- Richard.


Moral Values - Who Needs Them? by Richard Koss (2)
"Who cares?" -- Moses.
"Very, Very, very good. Well written, good points. Everything was on target. " -- Bryan King.


Coined Truth by Sullivan Of The Sea (5)
"Wow Sullivan you are fucking magical. When I saw you again I was like,"Holy fucking god damn shit, that's fucking Sullivan of the fucking sea," so then I read your fucking essay. And you know fucking what? It was fucking beautiful. So keep it fucking coming, yeah you heard me bitch. You and your fucking brain, fucking haha. Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck." -- MoSeS CoN..


Why Do We Write? (A Reflection) by Dri Cook (11)
"Hi Dri, nice piece, an unmentioned friend,I least I would like to be kindest regardsDV" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"thanks for the kind words and well said in this piece" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"I only mentioned the old pen friends, Diana and welcomed the ones who just arrived, including yourself. Thank you both." -- Dri.
"very thoughtful, well worded article. " -- echo.
"Yay, way to go Dri! I think we all needed that, thank you for reminding us why we are here : )" -- kavya.
"Hi Dri! i do think we are all here for a purpose. As well as I am. Tell you what, we're all not from the sam country and some of us come from a non-native English speaker country but we all can understand and communicate with each other. Hey! That was cool, isn't it?" -- Akira NJ.
"yes, Akira, that's very cool. We're like a family and it's a great feeling. Thank you all for leaving feedback." -- Dri.
"Hi Dri, just to say goodbye, I am sorry if I gave you flack, it was not intended that way,I was stupid to think I could write poetry, and hope I did not bore you too much with my stupid rantings, I shall still read yours and the others work. I think you are a super writer,and there are many on this site who are good writers,again I am sorry for making a complete fool of myself, thank god I did not write under my real name, I would have been a laughing stock to my students, the teacher who had nerve to put rubbish on internet,I've learnt my lesson the hard way.all the best.D" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"Diana, to tell you the truth, I think you worry too much on getting and returning feedback and this is not it. Write away, get your stuff published here and let people free to make their own choices. I have been reading some of your "fights" with other people here but just let it go...we should be able to understand that we are not going to please everybody. There will be time people will aplaude us, other times, they won't, but so what? My piece of advice: don't take it so seriously. Relax and enjoy the moment. OK?" -- Dri.
"This piece is more relevant today than ever!" -- kavya.
"Hey Dri, this is Bryan. I'm a young writer/poet. When I read your piece, I sat back and said...Gosh, this lady sounds nice, I want to be on her list of friends. I ask if you will please read my poems, and tell me what you think. But please don't read the story "A writer's high", because it is roughly on the same subject and not half as good as this. Thanks. " -- Bryan King.


Biker Buzz by Glendora Rider (3)
"Hi, yes very promising, I like the touch of humour. Kind regards Diana Venditti" -- Diana Vendittit , Italy.
"liked the descriptions, well done." -- echo.
"Another well written piece. Lew" -- Lew, Ocoee, FL.


Apples Is Fall by Glendora Rider (4)
"Hi, nice piece, would it not have been better to say APPLES ARE FALL? as it is plural,just a thought.Kind regards keep writing. Diana Venditti" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"hate to butt in, i think apples is fall works great as does your tale, too close to lunch time though and made me hungry. always wondered how they got the fruits and veggies to look so good and taste like paper." -- echo.
"Very nicely written! I tryuly enjoyed reading that, I'm sure you could send that out somewhere. Nicely done, reminded me of Little House on the prairie, will be looking out for more of your work." -- kavya.
"A nice story that transported me to past memories. Your descriptions made me feel like I was there. Success is when you have been able to convey a feeling of having been there also. Keep writing. Lew" -- Lew, Ocoee, USA, FL.


The Enemy Within: How U.S. Corporations Orchestrate And Profit From The Deaths Of U.S. Soliders by Mike Schiller (4)
"Hi Mike, so true, this condensed down would make a great poem, why not give it a try. Kind regards Diana Venditti" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"something went wrong with the posting of this...can't read any of it." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Michael, Forgive me for calling you a silly, stupid, naive little bastard. But you are. Wars are wars. Reasons for going to war have been debated over and over for centuries. There are no good wars. Wars are all bad. Wars kill people. Combatants blowup buildings and bridges and people and yes, supply trucks. One of the most fundamental tenets of military strategy is to cut off the enemy's source of supply - to deprive him of ammunition, weapons, food, medical supplies, etc., etc. Of course the government has to continually buy supplies to replenish those used or lost, but to say that these companies who supply our military "celebrate" when convoys are attacked and men are killed is really over the top. Why don't you talk about the 22 billion kicked back by the UN food for oil scandal? Billions used to provide insurgents and terrorists with bombs and weapons that kill American soldiers. You fucking little liberal bastards are all the same. You learn history from those who choose to re-write it, instead of telling the real truth. You represent a generation of brain-washed, amoral, spoiled, fucked up kids who never grew up. I speak like this to you because logic means nothing to you. You cannot debate with a fool. It's not corporations killing our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. And to those who see the Iraqi insurgents as "patriots," they should go there and help them. A patriot doesn't blow himself up and murder his own people, including women and children. And I never heard of an American soldier beheading anyone. Profit from war? Someone is always profiting from war. Is it so much more noble to say a company profited from pornography or illegal drugs sales, or using illegal aliens, than from war? " -- Richard.
"Speculation, speculation, speculation, and not backed by a shred of evidence. Totally emotion and devoid of all substance. This is not an essay - it is a collection of feelings and things you believe told you by others you trust who are not worthy of your trust. Totally, totally off base." -- anonymous.


Naminalism by Sullivan Of The Sea (5)
"Not sure what to say about this one. Interesting." -- Skyler Drevan.
"Thank you skyler, and pleased to meet your acquaintance. Just a few thoughts that's all. " -- Sullivan.
"...hmmm - interesting. I'm not sure if this is a psychological profile, or a piece of prose." -- Patrick Collins.
"LOL, I thought this was quality....I totally understand what your saying in a warped way. P.Collins??? It's quite obviously not a psychological profile...or a prose. It's a stab in the eye with the rusty fork dig at our lack of choice/freedom. Did you know that meat sold as fresh meat, has infact been in a freezer for a year or 2. They defrost it then sell it on as fresh, which I suppose is true in the terms of 'fresh out of a freezer'!. Catch your food, or grow your own, why barter with people for the sake of food that is 2 years old..... I would love to eat 8 gerbil nuggets, cos 8 is better. Same thing as chicken nuggets really only they OH wait... they are identical, only a gerbil is pictured cute, pet material, and in a cage. Where as the chicken has just the luxury of life in a cage bearly big enough to fit in. So adopt a chicken, not a gerbil. It makes you wonder though, why aren't chickens extinct? they only have one purpose...to be eaten by humans." -- Sasu.
"Dude, I am lost... Are you a survivalist? Best wishes from another predator..." -- Alexei Ogorodov.


Dark Christmas by Chris Hofmann (2)
"This was a very interesting and a turnpager essay. I also like to write essays but i can never think of that can i write this type of essay.Best of luck.Love KULSOOM" -- kulsoom, karachi, sindh, pakistan.
"Normally I wouldn't give this high score. But What I like this you are given your reader another point of view. I am sure diffrent people celebrated the hollie days diffrently and now you are showing another point of view than our own so there for I rate ten." -- Jeanette H, Spring Hill , Fl , Hernado.


College Boys by Skyler Drevan (6)
"The subject matter wasn't cheerful. I like fun interesting things, but it did tie in nicely at the end. The foot getting runned over and him not even feel it. Wow! You show lots of potential for some good work." -- Nancy Rider, New Smyrna Beach, Fl, USA.
"It's interesting but I felt it was a bit rushed. You could maybe explain a bit why you want to get your foot run over, meaning what built up to you wanting to experience that. Has potential, a good read. " -- kavya.
"Thanks for the review Kavya. The story was not rushed but why the boy wanted to get his foot run over is a mystery. Just another one of the dumb things that stoned college kids do. I've actually seen college boys do stupid things like that." -- Skyler.
"I thought the rushing of it suited the story perfectly... felt very fast-paced and to the point, the way a stoned, lazy college student what have wanted it to be i presume. Well done." -- ryan severud.
"Thanks once again, Ryan. I wrote this based, vaguely on a guy I know." -- Skyler.
"another great piece, Skylar. Gloomy and bleak but good! I liked the ending the most!" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Worse Than Terrorism by Mike Schiller (2)
"I can't believe everything you write has the same stench. You are an obsessed, brainwashed, liberal idiot. Why don't you interview with Al Jazeer. I'm sure they would be glad to hire you. I heard Christmas is nice in Badgad. You still have time." -- Richard.
"sir, you are an example of the petty liberals that are ruining this country. I can't these kinds of articles. But let me ask you something: Were we suppose to just sit back and let Sudam nuc us with the bombs we knew he had? A war is a war. " -- Bryan King.


Who Would Win In A Fight... by A Panos (1)
"o need to read it , meybe i will quit smoking" -- john, tetova, macedonia, macedonia.


Twilight Dreams by Ramkumar Menon (1)
"Is'nt day dreaming fun and cheap to make quick trips to your fantacy land? Especially when that code takes a long time to compile!" -- Soudamini Nath, Murrieta, CA, USA.


Jag's Random Thoughts by Just A Guy (5)
"I guess those are everyone's thoughts, so much doubt- what ifs and if onlys..." -- Kavya.
"This is great! Really enjoyed it as it summed up so much. Regards" -- Erasmus Flynt, UK.
"thank you both and glad you liked it, guess lots of us have similiar thinking." -- just a guy.
"Loved this piece jag, really captured the human spirit...how we question so much and answer so little. Nice job!" -- km.
"I liked the part about TV. Aren't you glad that happened." -- Steffe.


Islam And Internal Peace by Wael El-Manzalawy (2)
"Nice words, but unfortunately, in the history of Islam, it has never lived in peace with any of its neighbors. Also unfortunately, the holy book of Islam does not even advocate peace with its neighbors." -- anonymous.
""We are living in an age of conflicts and tensions." Now, I wonder. where are these conflicts the worst? What geographical place is a hotbed for violence, abuse, terrorism, and hate above all others? I see. And the religion there? Oh. QED" -- anonymous.


I Wont Tell by Skyler Drevan (7)
"I dont quite know what to say. I'm greatly saddened by this. I dont get the ending. But I'm not sure I want to. I hope this is VERY loosely based on your childhood." -- km.
"KM, some things in life are not meant to be understood by all. In writing this, I recalled a lot of things about my childhood that I did not understand and, to this day, still I remain confused. " -- Skyler, The Author.
"very disturbing piece that seemed so real. i'm a bit saddened about the keeping quiet though, it causes so much more grief for others." -- just a guy.
"It is a bit real. It happens, unfortunately, everyday. I thank you once again for the review." -- Skyler.
"my dear, only today, January 30th, 2005 I got to read this one. Now I understand you and your emails better. Know that you have always a friend in me." -- Dri.
"wow....." -- jerry.
"Oh goodness. I feel great sadness for you. No child should have to live with those memories and to know it was in truth your very brother that did those things with you. I was abused also but in a different manner. Talk about it with someone who can and will help. But, Skylar, since you are a minor, you can tell someone who has the capacity to help others and maybe some of the other boys will tell that person too. "He" has stated that you were not the first and by far not the last. This man should not be free to roam the streets to do this to other young people. Please, would you want this to happen to someone else's brother. You are perfect just as God has intended you and "he is not".Do not be afraid, you will be protected. Read Psalms 91:1 and also Psalms 41. Do the right thing and do not protect him, what has he ever done to protect you? You were a victim in his game and now his game is over and you are still the victim. Help to prevent others from being his lifelong victim also. I do hope you have a good God. If you do, please read John 11:35, John 3:16, Ephesians 1:7, John 8:11, Philippians 4:6-7, Isiah 41:10, Ephesians 4:17, Galatians 6:16, Philippians 4:9 and end with Matthew 22:37-40. Why would someone thank a young person for not telling something that would cause so much harm to themselves and others? Do not let him hide in the shadows of your mind and allow him to hold your heart. He is not a nice man or a good brother. Maybe he would be better off incarcerated with others like him and then, just maybe, he could get treatment for his illness. Yes, he is sick but he cannot be cured alone or with another boy. And, just to enlighten you a bit, there is treatment available that he would not go to jail for attending and there are psychologists that would help him that are bound by law not to disclose any information to any outside party. It is called "patient confidentiality" and the doctor himself would get to talk to the police for sharing "his" information that was talked about in session. He is hiding in your love and still preying on what he sees as your weakness. Be strong, and love yourself to love others so they will not have to meet him in the same manner you have and they will not have this burden on their hearts and minds. With love, compassion and empathy to you. Rest well, young one. Lynn " -- Lynn, Midwest City , OK, USA.


I Wonder What They See In Me by Skyler Drevan (7)
"Bravo!!!! Your best, so far. You're learning how to be yourself, no matter if you please the ones who stare at you or the ones around.....just be yourself.....what other thing in the world would be as positive as that?? Keep up, my dear. " -- Dri.
"I think we have all been there and believe me, you can't please everyone but sometimes it's harder to please yourself. Looks like you're on the right track though, good work." -- Kavya.
"By the way, thanks for the feedback on my poem Skyler : )" -- Kavya.
" "When I got into Orgy, the rock group not act..." haha my favorite line. Well said once again. I love true writing... the personal stuff, really sucks me in. I just ended my "finding" phase and found who i am. I found I got more attention being someone else than who i really am. Maybe it�s just a sense people get when they see someone depicting themselves as something else and just have to give attention and wonder why. Just my two cents..." -- ryan severud.
"excellent!!!!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Thanks once again to Ryan and Rocco for the review!I am glad you enjoy the personal stuff Ryan because there is certainly more to come. Though I left the "finding myself" phase long ago, I occasionally run into it again when I am walking down the street. Thanks again." -- Skyler Drevan.
"I think you are overreacting. People have been staring at freaks since time immemoriam." -- Richard.


A Bit Of A Rude Awakening by Just A Guy (5)
"nice introspective work." -- taylor.
"thanks for the thought T, nice to see you after such a long time." -- jag.
"Hmmm....what's the old saying? If I'd only known then what I know now! I liked this :)" -- mattie.
"interesting how u look back but did u learn anything really?" -- Susan B.
"I like the way you look at things, maybe you should try opening your eyes in another direction though:)" -- Steffe.


Writing And Those Cute White Shoes: Confessions From A Renaissance Teenager by Victoria Lmuth (1)
"Loved it. You sound like a very interesting person." -- >_<.


Struggling To Face Reality by Skyler Drevan (1)
"WOW!!Thanks for writing this. Being a white peson living in the projects, I see the kind of stuff all the time" -- Bryan King.


Governmental Fiasco by Skyler Drevan (26)
"I think you're brave to express your thoughts so openly in here. Bravo!!!! I'm not an American, you know, just in my heart,I wish I could tell you more. " -- Dri.
"hey, I like your profile and I agree with you. You seem to be very straightforward and this makes all the difference sometimes....." -- Dri.
"Thank you so much Dri. I really appreciated your words and I cannot express how good it feels to finally read a review from someone who has a brain. You are a rare breed and we need more like you. Thanks again!" -- The Author.
"you're welcome, my dear. I do understand you. It seems I could "see" myself in your profile and trust me: always be yourself, no matter how much people criticize you. Never give up on your ideas just because you may hurt people's feelings. This is all b___. Not even Jesus Christ pleased the whole world and what a man He was and still is. Hugs." -- Dri.
"dang it all, saw your piece on bill cosby and for the first time found myself in agreement with you, now this. where to begin, maybe with the fact brownback is from kansas, not kentucky. only bring this up so we can establish everything you say isn't to be taken for gospel, especially to those from foreign soils. it's quite fine for you to feel howard stern is the great authority on all that is wrong or right with the U.S. some of us happen to feel he's just a loud mouth, ranting entertainer who happens to be more than a little crass but each of us is entitled to an opinion aren't we? or is it only the learned people of NY city are smart enoungh to understand the world. your comment on being from kentucky being a problem is downright laughable. i've lived in several states including ny and also lived in ny city for awhile. hate to break the news, all the smart people don't live in ny city, they just think they do. btw, i don't agree with censoring, i much prefer to do it myself. as for Bush not being duly elected, sorry buddy, that's been put to rest over and over and over again. even the combine put together by the leading liberal newspapers to do the recound couldn't find the votes in florida to make gore the winner, you really must get over it, it's not healthy to keep living a lie. france and canada laugh at us, gee isn't that a surprise. perhaps we should model ourselves after all the other countries in the world so they would love us, yeah right. wealth and power breeds jealousy and we have them. curious jeffrey, been to canada lately for some socialized health care? other than draft dodgers you won�t find many people leaving the U.S. to go to canada, can�t say the same in reverse. you have the right to hate our country, criticize it when you feel it's wrong and isn�t that great. i�ve probably run on too long but i really can�t let the powell comment go with out a rebuttal - a black man on the outside but white man on the inside - this is insidious, the race card comes flying out whenever a black man has a thought that doesn�t agree with the majority of blacks. Couldn�t possibaly be they are thinking for themselves. to me that sounds as racist as the n word. why can�t he have thoughts that differ without being painted as an Uncle Tom? does it scare you? should all whites, hispanics, europeans have the same thoughts? sounds a bit like '1984' to me." -- just a guy.
"WOW! First of all let me say that I am pleased and honored that you have taken so much time to review my piece. I had no idea it enraged you so. Let's begin. First off, Bush did lose the popular vote to Gore. The Florida recount is more complicated than you can imagine. Many votes were tossed out for "unknown or silly" reasons. That, my dear, is a fact. The mix-up over Kansas and Kentucky, well, honest mistake. Not unlike ones our president haven't made in the past. If he can, why can't I? In any event, moving on. I do believe that The Powell�s are "uncle Toms" though I do not agree with that term. I believe that they are smart men; however they are still puppets for the right; which makes them all together, ignorant. As for Howard Stern, well, he has been around for 20 years and the 20 million who listen to his disagree with your comments on his career. Yes he is a loud mouth; however he cannot and shall not be silenced because of a dictator like Bush. Neither will I. Say what you will about me but I will continue to bash Baby Bush as long as he is our "leader." Bashing Canada and France will not make my point any less true. With major issues upon us, are Howard Stern and Janet Jackson all that need to be addressed? Once again, thank you Dri. I very much appreciate your comments. Anyway, Just a Guy, if I had the time or concern right now, I would address, in more detail, your comments. Alas, I do not" -- Jeffrey, The Author.
"Who do you think can run this country better than Bush. Your so thick headed that you even realize people like Howard Stern and Michael Moore are the reason for our problems in society. I say we send people like you to a little island and let you defend yourself againist terroist. By te way how in the world do you think Bush lost to Gore. Look who supports Bush(respectable politcans wiht morals) and Kerry(celebrities). Your so ignorant you don't even realize what your supporting. your a coward american and it is a shame our troops even defend you." -- bill.
"Your anger and sheer ignorance at my piece is laughable at best. Have a nice day!" -- The Author.
"So you wouldn't mind if we sent you John and Michael Moore to an island and let them bomb. You are such and idiot can't you realize with people like Howard Stern on the radio and tv are societies morals are deprived. Your simple can't link morals with entertainment. Howard Stern is a trash and no wonder we have such a corrupt society cause of peoplelike you supporting him. This country was based on morlity but with liberal pushing gay marraige and banning the ten commandments no wonder we have problems. I can't wait til your kids come on tell you there Gay maybe then you will see how important President Bush is. " -- bill.
"Laugh Out Loud!" -- The Author.
"Ofcourse you are laughing out loud your intelligence is mystifying." -- bill.
"YAWN! " -- The Author.
"Your own stupidity has finally tuckered you out." -- Bill.
"Dude, get a LIFE!!" -- The Author.
"As long as it's not as pathetic as yours its a good one." -- Bill.
"I am officially bored with you. Any further comments will be deleted as I ALWAYS have the last laugh. Bye. " -- The Author.
"Sounds like a sore loser is in the house. Well know wonder your you are a liberal cause you like to lose. Just like Gore lost and just like Kerry is going to lose to Bush. Go ahead claim to have the last laugh but if anything in life is certain, if history has taught us anything it is I will not be the one standing when the music stops." -- Bill.
"I must inform you I will be away for a while but just remeber the greatest trick the devil every pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." -- Bill.
"Thank God he's gone. Some people have NO life what-so-ever." -- The Author.
"you michael moore would make a good couple" -- bill.
"I like your article-the one about Bill Cosby. But this one-no, it sucked. You don't even have half your info right, and the info that is right is put across in the ususal liberal way. If you don't support Bush, who do you support: John Kerry?-the man that supports partial birth abortion? (that means that when the baby is born, the doctors suck their brains out) Or maybe Howard Dean-the man thaty has no control of his anger. the man that has called our great prsident Dissrespectful names in public? You are agreat writer Mr.Dreaven, but your liberal ideas are the same that said 9/11 was Bush's fault, and the proffesor that said the people that died in 9/11 deserved it. thanks for the Bill Cosby article, i really enjoyed it. But by the end of this article, i was bored. GO BUSH!!!!!!! " -- Bryan King.
"I must say, Bryan, that I thank you for your comments on my pieces. Both of them. They are very old but I thank you anyway. Living in this great country of ours--Bush in office or not--gives you and I both the right to disagree. I choose to exercise that right. I did support John Kerry and I DO NOT support this ridiculous war. I understand your boredom of this piece as a Bush supporter. But unlike Mr. Ward Churchill, the professor to which you refer, I do not believe that the events of 9/11 had anything to do with those innocent. We did not deserve it but things are not getting better. If you can't see that, then you are just as blind as Bush." -- The Author.
"No thank you. I don't agree with your opinion, but i will respect your rights. I would like you to read what i've written about racism, and tell me what you think. Could you do that? I would like to have a professional opinion. thank you very much " -- Bryan King.
"Will do." -- Jeff.
"I forced myself to read (skim) some of your other postings to see if there was anything else you might have written even by accident, that had some objectivity or redeeming quality. It was all the same drivel and garbage. Never have I seen a writer (I'm being kind) display such self-centered, egomaniacal arrogance while having so little that is worthwhile to say. You are one sad, sick, little homosexual. If you live long enough, you will become an old, pathetic, even more disgusting homosexual. Quite a future to look forward to. " -- Richard.
"I just stumbled across this writer because someone familiar with him told me what a creep he is. I had to see for myself so I read a couple of his pieces including this one. I can imagine how this guy Bill must have cracked up the author when he said "I can't wait till your kids tell you their gay" The only way Skyler will ever have kids is if science finds a way to implant ovaries in his rectum." -- Chester.


Feeding Love With Hate by Skyler Drevan (2)
"Hello, Skyler! This was a very interesting and thought provoking piece. It reminded me of my own struggles with homosexuality. I can remember when I was at work and asking God why, out of all the things I could go through, why did one of them have to be me being gay? Eventually though, I started to become more (I must choose my words carefully here) obsessive with it. I wanted to be gay. But then something happened. I was converted to Christianity and now I'm no longer that way. It was one simple prayer that changed my life forever. I just thought I'd share that with you. Oh, and good luck on your efforts to write short fiction. As always, take care." -- Michael Harris, Detroit, MI.
"Thanks for your review, Michael. Though I feel I have been baited to discuss the topic of homosexuality and it's conflictions with Christianity, I will not do so. Thanks again. Jeffrey" -- The Author.


A New Interview With Steve Alten by Owen Hollifield (1)
"It's funny, I just read MEG without even knowing it was going to be made in to a movie in the future and now I'm reading stuff about the movie all over the net. I'll be anxious to see how it turns out" -- Steven.


There are 42 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.